Civil War Where does Civil War rank in your top 5 MCU films (NO SPOILERS)

Many of us have Civil War at number one. What future Marvel movie do you think has the best chance of dethroning it? Currently I have the highest hopes for Black Panther.

Honestly I'd be happy if BP made most people's top 5.

Mostly because that's a considerable task and tremendous accomplishment for a superhdro movie.

Homecoming is the basket I'm putting all my eggs in. RDJ and Holland on the big screen as my two favorite Marvel superheroes? Potentially the first Spider-Man movie that gives the character his dues? 2017 can't come soon enough. I'm hoping it will crack my top 5 MCU movies.

Definitely looking forward to BP too.

Doesn't

1. Iron Man
2. The Winter Soldier
3. Ant-man
4. GoTG
5. The Avengers

Does not mean CW was a bad movie, just a testament to the quality of the MCU

1. The Avengers
2. Civil War
3. Iron Man
4. Winter Soldier
5. Guardians

My top 5:

1) Captain America: Civil War
2) Captain America: TWS
3) The Avengers
4) Iron Man
5) Guardians of the Galaxy

Civil War
The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers
Iron Man

Here's the official top 5 based on everyone's list:

1) Civil War - 744 points

2) Winter Soldier - 644 points

3) The Avengers - 502 points

4) Iron Man - 334 points

5) Guardians of the Galaxy - 256 points

6) Age of Ultron - 78 points
7) Ant-Man - 64 points
8) The First Avenger - 50 points
9) Iron Man 3 - 36 points
10) The Incredible Hulk - 26 points
11) Thor - 16
12) Iron Man 2 - 10
13) The Dark World - 2 points

Last edited:
It fills my heart with joy and pride that Cap is leading the charge. This character has been such a integral part of Marvel over the course of 75 in the comics. Now he's become a true to force runner up front liner for MCU films. IMO the Captain America trilogy is easily the strongest of the solo films. Chris Evans has grown as an actor and is shows with every film. I can't wait to see him return in Infinity War

It ties for #2 on my list with the first Avengers movie. It's the best of the 3 Cap films in that respect though.

1. Iron Man

2. CA:Civil War & The Avengers tie for 2nd.

3. CA: TFA, CA: TWS and AoU all tie for 3rd.

Every one of these scores a 9/10 or greater and constitutes the entirety of the MCU films that I'd call great movies. The rest are just...good.

Number 2 for me only behind Guardians which will take some beating for me.

1) Guardians Of The Galaxy

2) Civil War

3) The Avengers

4) The Winter Soldier

5) Iron Man

I saw CW twice.

But I've seen TWS so many times on cable. I'm watching it now, actually.

I'm still not sure.

1. TWS and CW
3. Avengers
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Iron Man

I've seen it thrice and am going to another 2-D Imax showing tonight.

The biggest head-scratcher to me among the MCU films is GotG. I just don't get what people see in that movie. It's good & fun(but so are all the other movies) and all that but simply the lack of polish on it bugged me and cost it quite a few points. Any time a movie has a cheesy walk-down-the-hall-in-slow-motion-to-some-dumb-music scene in it(that's only there for it's own sake and doesn't multi-task in serving some other point for being there in the first place)...I'm gonna mark points off for that kinda stuff.

Of course I'm a pretty anti-space movie guy already so I have no nostalgia for that kinda stuff. Never cared for Star Wars and I kinda hate Star Trek.

Not sure if you will like Ragnarok then. Fiege says 80-90 takes place off of Earth.

Not sure if you will like Ragnarok then. Fiege says 80-90 takes place off of Earth.

Well I did still like GotG. I've liked every MCU film to date if not loved them. And I like both Thor movies more than GotG so adding Hulk(who is my all time favorite character) should see me in good stead for that one. It's GotG2 that has me worried, if I even can be worried about an MCU film...which at this point, no I'm not. Besides, there's a difference between being on other worlds as in both previous Thor films and being an outer space movie. Thor Ragnarok won't be an outer space movie. Outer space movies mean lots of time spent set in ships traveling between worlds. I hate that kind of stuff.

Last edited:
I just want to see Loki's face when he sees Hulk.

Well I did still like GotG. I've liked every MCU film to date if not loved them. And I like both Thor movies more than GotG so adding Hulk(who is my all time favorite character) should see me in good stead for that one. It's GotG2 that has me worried, if I even can be worried about an MCU film..which at this point, no I'm not.

The only one I'm really worried about is Spider-Man just because this will be the 3rd iteration in under 15 years.

The only one I'm really worried about is Spider-Man just because this will be the 3rd iteration in under 15 years.

That doesn't have me worried. I already like Holland's version way beyond Maguire's or even Garfield's. What worries me there is just how much control Feige and Marvel have. It should be pretty much ALL, imo. But the possibility that Sony could step in and f*** it up is worrisome.

1) Civil War
2) The Winter Soldier
3) Guardians of the Galaxy
4) The First Avenger
5) The Avengers

It is up there with TA, IM 1 and TSW which are my favourites. It is hard for me to rank them in order as I find them all to be of similar quality.

1: Captain America Civil War
2: Guardians of the Galaxy
3: Captain America the Winter Soldier
4: The Avengers
5: Iron Man

Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers
The First Avenger
The Winter Soldier

Captain America: Civil War is my #1, followed by...

The Avengers
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Iron Man
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

in no particular order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member