BvS Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?

Even in BTAS Batman had help with things like fixing the batmobile and people making serums, etc, so I vote no for Batman to build his own weapons. I'm just not buying he can do that. He isn't Tony Stark.

Well, to be fair, the Batsuit is hardly the Iron Man suit, though. I think of Batman as being smart enough to THINK OF most of the stuff, and build some of the smaller things on his own, but with some of the more technically complicated things having to be done by Fox or whatever.

Batman should be smart enough to do all of that on his own, imo. No Fox.

Or he can sell his body to an arms dealer and in exchange he keeps it quite. :p

Personally I prefer having Lucius Fox. It doesn't make sense for one man to engineer all those weapons. No science and no engineering works that way.

Nolan had it right: have an army of engineers at Wayne Enterprises unwittingly build the gadgets, with Fox adjusting them slightly so that they're unrecognisable.

Even in BTAS Batman had help with things like fixing the batmobile and people making serums, etc, so I vote no for Batman to build his own weapons. I'm just not buying he can do that. He isn't Tony Stark.
Nobody's Tony Stark, that's the problem. There is no such thing as one man designing, engineering, and welding a battle tank. It's absurd and nonsensical, and thus insults the audience.

I think Bruce needs the support of a Lucius Fox, but I need to see him showcasing his intellect and ingenuity more. For specific tools and their use, I want to see more BTAS-style use of grappling hooks and Batarangs. Also smoke and flash-bangs need to be used. So much of this stuff was teased by Nolan, but never really taken advantage of.

Nobody's Tony Stark, that's the problem. There is no such thing as one man designing, engineering, and welding a battle tank. It's absurd and nonsensical, and thus insults the audience.

There is also no such thing as aliens who can fly and shoot lasers out of their eyes, or billionaire orphans who dress up as bats and fight crime. Bruce Wayne should be a genius who builds his own tech. Also, speaking of Tony Stark, seeing him build weapons from objects from a home depot in Iron Man 3 is the kind of genius i want to see from Batman.

There is also no such thing as aliens who can fly and shoot lasers out of their eyes, or billionaire orphans who dress up as bats and fight crime.
Those things are far less offensive than a single individual designing, engineering, and welding all his gadgets.

Bruce Wayne should be a genius who builds his own tech. Also, speaking of Tony Stark, seeing him build weapons from objects from a home depot in Iron Man 3 is the kind of genius i want to see from Batman.
For me the things he did ruined Iron Man 2, when he synthesized a new element in 45 minute by building an accelerator. Apparently my critique is catching, a lot of people were unimpressed that he so easily cured Pepper Potts of the Extremis condition so easily, and then his operation, etc.

As I said elsewhere, if Darkseid ever attacks the Justice League, they should open a portal to bring in Tony Stark to help them out. It would take him half an hour to solve the anti-life equation, and then to counter it.

I doubt there will be a concrete explanation where he gets them or who helps him make them. I hope there's not a big focus on Batman in this movie, and the only member(s) of Batman's supporting cast that we see are Alfred (and maybe Gordon if the story's right). This is the Man of Steel sequel, so it should really be a Superman movie with Batman/Bruce Wayne in it, set mostly in Metropolis.

I agree with the guy above. We shouldn't know where they came from yet, because it's not primarily a Batman movie and we don't need it. It's a Superman and Batman movie, damn it.

That said, when we get back to the inevitable solo movies... Have Lucius or whoever else help him out again. Gamingboy has it right.

One gadget we haven't really seen him use much in the movies before which could make a return:
bat-cuffs.jpg

Anyone else want him to have a prototype of the bat-nipples?

I really don't want want Lucius Fox in MOS 2 or the future solo Batman movies for three reasons.
1. Anyone who plays the role is just going to feel like a copy of Morgan Freeman.
2. I want a genius level Batman.
3. It will avoid the same sub plot from The Dark Knight where Bruce's identity is easily discovered because all he uses is Wayne tech.

2. I want a genius level Batman.

I know some geniuses. I have geniuses among my friends. People who speak dozens of languages, people who wrote academic papers before starting university, etc.

I can tell you that no genius in the past, present, or future of man can build all the things Batman needs to build (batmobile, batcopter, batsuit, assorted weapons, etc) entirely by himself.

You're actually taking away his genius by making him ridiculous. If you want him to be brilliant, have him do brilliant things, not nonsensical things. Nolan had it right: Bruce learned how to use the tools rapidly, he knew how to adjust them, and he gave Fox suggestions for further suggestions.

I know some geniuses. I have geniuses among my friends. People who speak dozens of languages, people who wrote academic papers before starting university, etc.

I can tell you that no genius in the past, present, or future of man can build all the things Batman needs to build (batmobile, batcopter, batsuit, assorted weapons, etc) entirely by himself.

You're actually taking away his genius by making him ridiculous. If you want him to be brilliant, have him do brilliant things, not nonsensical things. Nolan had it right: Bruce learned how to use the tools rapidly, he knew how to adjust them, and he gave Fox suggestions for further suggestions.

Why does Batman have to follow the rules of reality so closely? A comic book genius isn't the same thing as a real genius. Also it's not unbelievable that Batman could just buy a sports car or jet and just modify it.

Why does Batman have to follow the rules of reality so closely?
You're using the word "genius" which is from our reality.

I'm all for showing Batman as brilliant. I think that will be better conveyed if he actually is brilliant rather than ridiculous. Tony Stark doesn't come off as brilliant when he puts that particle accelerator together in 1 hour in Iron Man 2, if anything he looks lazy.

A comic book genius isn't the same thing as a real genius.
The difference depends on the talents and efforts of the writer.

Also it's not unbelievable that Batman could just buy a sports car or jet and just modify it.
The Batmobile is not just a souped-up Ferrari. In the Nolan movies, it was a souped-up tank, good choice.

Tony Stark doesn't come off as brilliant when he puts that particle accelerator together in 1 hour in Iron Man 2, if anything he looks lazy.

I'm not asking to see Batman cure cancer, just build his own gadgets. Batman fiction has been doing it for years, I don't see why suddenly it's so unbelievable.

The Batmobile is not just a souped-up Ferrari. In the Nolan movies, it was a souped-up tank, good choice.

So just because Nolan did it we have to get the same thing again? The Batmobile is almost always depicted as a sports car, not a tank. I could totally see Batman buying a Lamborghini and just modifying the engine and giving it a new, bat-themed body. Also seeing as Superman is in this movie I imagine Batman will mostly be using a jet anyway.

Those things are far less offensive than a single individual designing, engineering, and welding all his gadgets.

No it's not. There have been people that both designed and engineered very complex machines (even more that could do it, but left the building to others as that's the easy part) and why wouldn't they be able to use their creations themselves? Why wouldn't a designer of a tank be able to learn to drive one? Soldiers aren't exactly the peak of human talent in most cases.

Tony Stark of course builds more fantastical things as he's a superhero, but I've shown how something similar but on lower scale can be found in reality.

If you disagree with me I'd be very interested in hearing what's the lower scale version of Superman in reality. How he supposedly is more realistic or believable than a very exaggerated engineer.

Last edited:
What is fantastical about a batarang? Anyone can make one it's not that hard. I made one and I am not a genius. A Batsuit is hard?
Batmobile or Batcopter....fairly hard but people build cars from scratch all the time.

Leonardo Da Vinci was probably the closest thing we have ever had to a comic-book-level genius. He had the ideas but not the technology, money or time to go through with it. I think there might have even been a Elseworld where Da Vinci was a Renaissance Batman.

I hope they don't explain any of his stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"