Titans Where Does Titans Rank Against DC's Other Current TV Shows?

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed the first season of Titans and can't wait to see where the show's got next. With how much I enjoyed it and the growing library of DC live action small screen properties I thought it would be interesting to see where people rank Titans overall.

For the sake of this I was just going to rank shows that are currently still airing so that's why I won't be featuring any classics.

• So that's the Arrowverse shows: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and Legend's of Tomorrow.
  • Black Lightning
  • Gotham
  • And Krypton
This is my list

1. The Flash
  2. Legend's of Tommorrow
  3. Arrow
  4. Titans
  5. Supergirl
  6. Black Lightning
  7. Gotham
  8. Krypton

What would yours be?

hmmm......this is kind of tough.

1. Gotham
2. Titans
3. Krypton
4. Flash
5. Arrow
6. Supergirl

I rank Titans so high, not because S1 was perfect and absolutely blew me away ( it didn't and the finale was a letdown ), but because of several other factors.

For one, Titans (so far) is heavily Raven focused, who is one of my favorite DC characters. So as long as Titans remains Raven focused, it has my attention and I will continue to watch. Plus, this is the 1st live action version of Raven. and S2 will have Superboy.

Also, the other CW series have started to lose my interest and I have yet to watch the current and last seasons of those shows. Supergirl is at the bottom because that show has chosen to be politics/agenda driven it seems and that has turned me off. And besides that, I think Supergirl has the weakest supporting cast and I don't really care for them. I at least care for Flash and Arrow cast.

haven't watched Black Lighting or Legends of Tomorrow, so I can't comment on those.

Last edited:
hmmm......this is kind of tough.

1. Gotham
2. Titans
3. Krypton
4. Flash
5. Arrow
6. Supergirl

I rank Titans so high, not because S1 was perfect and absolutely blew me away ( it didn't and the finale was a letdown ), but because of several other factors.

For one, Titans (so far) is heavily Raven focused, who is one of my favorite DC characters. So as long as Titans remains Raven focused, it has my attention and I will continue to watch. Plus, this is the 1st live action version of Raven. and S2 will have Superboy.

Also, the other CW series have started to lose my interest and I have yet to watch the current and last seasons of those shows. Supergirl is at the bottom because that show has chosen to be politics/agenda driven it seems and that has turned me off. And besides that, I think Supergirl has the weakest supporting cast and I don't really care for them. I at least care for Flash and Arrow cast.

haven't watched Black Lighting or Legends of Tomorrow, so I can't comment on those.

Yeah one thing I would say Titans has done the best of out of any of the shows I have watched is the production value, been so many different locations used it really did add to the story not seeing the same four or five locations over and over. Agree with the ending though was a bit of a let down.

I don't know as much about Raven was a little gutted we never got to hear the old "Azarath Metrion Zinthos" lol but I guess that's for next season.

Yeah I wouldn't say I liked them as much now as when they started I mean season's 1 & 2 of the Flash and Arrow were just great. The current seasons are probably the best since them in my opinion. I know what you mean the gun control episode was painfully preachy, they should never have gotten rid of Winn dude was the levity of the show.

Same reason I have Black Lightning, Gotham and Krypton last on my list I hadn't watched really any of them.

1. DC's Legends of Tomorrow
2. Krypton
3. Gotham
4. Titans
5. Black Lightning
6. Arrow
7. The Flash

Haven't watched Supergirl S4 yet! Might change the list after the seasons are over and Krypton S2 arrives!

Last edited:
Young Justice
Legends
Gotham
Black Lightning
Krypton
Titans = Supergirl
Arrow
Flash

First one, the others are not even near, i was expecting nothing (i was not even gonna watch it until my dad told me) and it was awesome, in fact is the best live action show based on a a comic book ever, so far.

Was thinking that it wasn't really fair to do my list comparing Titans against multiple seasons of Flash, Arrow, Legends and Supergirl.

So going to re-rank them by their first season alone.

1. The Flash - Man the first season of this still stands out for me as the best of any CW show and arguably my best ever. With 1x15 being in my opinion one of the best episodes of any of those shows and Cavanagh being arguably the best villain.
  2. Arrow - Whatever opinions people have on the show now it definitely started out very strong. The brutality and his killing nature were toned down season by season but the first season will always have a special place in my heart.
  3. Titans - I feel like this is a much fairer place to have it after one season I would put it third overall. The ending was probably my least favourite thing but the fact that we are getting a second season means all that can easily be forgiven.
  4. Supergirl - Loved the first half of the first season of this. with Episode's 6, 7, 9 and 10 standing out for me but it just felt like it really lost steam in the second half with some poor story decisions.
  5. Legend's of Tomorrow - This is the biggest turnaround for me. I really didn't enjoy season 1 of this show. Honestly I just watched it because it was full of charcters from other shows id watched were in it but it went from wobbly legs to a solid show in season 2.
  6. Gotham - I just couldn't get in to this as much as I tried it just wasn't for me after the first season I think I pretty much stopped watching.
  7. Black Lightning
  8. Krypton
Black Lightning & Krypton I haven't watched any of yet so just put them at the bottom by default.

So going to re-rank them by their first season alone.
  1. Arrow - the talk around this show at the time was astronomical. I do believe it's better than s2 on account that it isn't as bloated and most of the adults are still around to contribute to the show's ensemble dynamic.
  2. Titans - Finally, a live-action show that does what the cartoons have been doing. Switching between episodic & serialized to get a feel for how lived-in the world is.
  3. The Flash - had to consider if what Barry & friends kept doing every episode closing with those dark twists were truly worth the previous 2 spots. It irks me more that the fastest man alive, mind included, has to rely on an IT staff to remind him what he should have already figured out.
  4. Black Lightning - Only saw 2 episodes. Very impressed.
  5. Gotham - kicks into high gear after the most unbelievable midseason finale I've come across
  6. Legends of Tomorrow - I kept telling myself I'll get around to it, but I just kept putting it off because it was a bit weird
  7. Krypton - the production values are insane, but just way too far into the past for me to get invested + Goyer puts me to sleep (Constantine mildly worked on account of the actors)
  8. Supergirl - has to be a big ol' Berlanti joke

The structure of Titans was genius, every episode worked as its own thing while serving a bigger story and everything was linked to everything, it was really well thought

It's probably at the top for me. Haven't seen Black Lightning or Krypton but the CW shows are garbage.

Right at the top.

Krypton below it.

The marketing teams really failed these two shows.

Flash season 1 and the beginning of Black Lightning was pretty good for CW as well.

Krypton looked kinda good actually, it had high production values apparently, i might check it out. Titans marketing was bad, i watched the traielr and i thought it was gonna be yet another crappy live action superhero show. Just when my dad told me that it was awesome i watched it, and i am very happy i did.

if we are just comparing Season 1 of these shows, then unfortunately, I'd have to rank Titans near the bottom for the simple fact that there was no resolution to the main story arcs in Season 1. They dropped the ball big time with that Finale.

At least with the other shows, there's some kind of resolution to the main story arc of the season by the Finale, which then sets up the next season.

Titans didn't feel like a full season. it felt like half a season and the finale felt more like a mid-season finale.

I've watched 2 seasons of Netflix Daredevil, and those seasons don't have very many eps either. but at least each season feels complete with resolution to the main story arc for the season.

if we are just comparing Season 1 of these shows, then unfortunately, I'd have to rank Titans near the bottom for the simple fact that there was no resolution to the main story arcs in Season 1. They dropped the ball big time with that Finale.

At least with the other shows, there's some kind of resolution to the main story arc of the season by the Finale, which then sets up the next season.

Titans didn't feel like a full season. it felt like half a season and the finale felt more like a mid-season finale.

I've watched 2 seasons of Netflix Daredevil, and those seasons don't have very many eps either. but at least each season feels complete with resolution to the main story arc for the season.

Yeah even though so much of it was damn near perfect that ending really left me feeling a bit let down. Like you said it didn't really wrap up the story or leave us on a cliff hanger. Just left me thinking wait there's no episode 12?

Episodes 2, 4, 6, 9 and 11(except the ending were all really great episodes)

Yeah even though so much of it was damn near perfect that ending really left me feeling a bit let down. Like you said it didn't really wrap up the story or leave us on a cliff hanger. Just left me thinking wait there's no episode 12?

Episodes 2, 4, 6, 9 and 11(except the ending were all really great episodes)
agreed.

There was supposed to be an Ep 12 called "Raven." based on that title, you'd think Rachel would learn her true lineage, learn her real name (Raven), and have the confrontation with her father. maybe even have her soul self take the form of a raven vs Trigon's true demon form in the astral plane or whatever.

that's what I expected based on seeing an Ep 12 called "Raven." and if any of that had happened, that would have served as a proper finale for the season, because it would have brought some kind of conclusion to the driving narrative of season 1 (Rachel).

for whatever brilliant reason, they decided to save that for the start of season 2. which really doesn't make sense, imo.

hopefully, we will get to see "Raven" at the start of S2. because Rachel/Raven is the main reason why I'm even watching the show. I was pleased to learn Raven would be the focus of S1 and I watched each ep of S1 with wrapped interest as the story slowly unfolded and built to what I expected would be some kind of resolution. but alas, that didn't come to pass. :(

agreed.

There was supposed to be an Ep 12 called "Raven." based on that title, you'd think Rachel would learn her true lineage, learn her real name (Raven), and have the confrontation with her father. maybe even have her soul self take the form of a raven vs Trigon's true demon form in the astral plane or whatever.

that's what I expected based on seeing an Ep 12 called "Raven." and if any of that had happened, that would have served as a proper finale for the season, because it would have brought some kind of conclusion to the driving narrative of season 1 (Rachel).

for whatever brilliant reason, they decided to save that for the start of season 2. which really doesn't make sense, imo.

hopefully, we will get to see "Raven" at the start of S2. because Rachel/Raven is the main reason why I'm even watching the show. I was pleased to learn Raven would be the focus of S1 and I watched each ep of S1 with wrapped interest as the story slowly unfolded and built to what I expected would be some kind of resolution. but alas, that didn't come to pass. :(

Yeah I liked the way Trigon manipulated Grayson with him eventually being corrupted at the end. What would have made that whole thing better for me would have been if Starfire & Beast Boy went through it to.

Starfire trying to resist against her people telling her to kill Rachel and Beast Boy trying to resist being taken over by the beast.

Never mind hopefully season 2 isn't too far away so we can get some answers :funny:

Yeah I liked the way Trigon manipulated Grayson with him eventually being corrupted at the end. What would have made that whole thing better for me would have been if Starfire & Beast Boy went through it to.

Starfire trying to resist against her people telling her to kill Rachel and Beast Boy trying to resist being taken over by the beast.

Never mind hopefully season 2 isn't too far away so we can get some answers :funny:

yes. exactly.

All of the Titans (Robin, Star, BB) should have been trapped in the Trigon induced nightmare that would play on their worst fears (which was another theme of the whole season).

it's like the final ep forgot Star and BB existed (especially BB) and just focused on Robin and his fear/feelings towards Batman. Star was in Robin's nightmare, but only from his point of view.

All 3 of them should have been trapped in that nightmare world, going through their own fears and trials, with Raven on the outside trying to help them break free.

again, another missed opportunity with the finale.

I loved the ending, it did felt like we were left hanging, but the quality of the show was so good that i dont care, i doubt they did that without a reason, we will have to wait and see.

1. Titans
  2. Gotham
  3. Black Lightning
  4. Krypton
  5. The Flash
  6. Legend's of Tommorrow
  7. Arrow
  8. Supergirl

There is no realistic comparison; Titans was superb and head and shoulders over the CW drivel. I can barely get through those shows without checking my phone or doing something else, the writing is so poor.

The first poster who hit Supergirl for becoming a political vehicle for far left causes was dead on. Regardless of your affiliation, having a superhero show blast you in the face with their "cause" becomes unpleasant.

Titans was a grown up, serious show with dark overtones, practically the inverse of all the CW shows except BL. Haven't seen Gotham yet, not sure if I will.

JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"