The Mandalorian Where should the show go next?

Schlosser85

Civilian
Reaction score
Hopefully this is a specific enough topic to warrant its own thread discussion, especially going forward.

Personally, I'm fine with Boba Fett getting his own show, but I don't want him to replace Din Djarin, and I don't want this to be the end of Din's journey. I'd rather have Season 3 of The Mandalorian coexist with The Book of Boba rather than BOB being Season 3.

Also, do we want Grogu back, or do we want the show (and Din) to move on and find new directions/adventures?

Thoughts?

I'm sad about Grogu being with Luke. I would have preferred they stay together.

I can’t imagine anyone wants to see the last of Din. A Boba Fett show along with Fennec Shand is exciting, but only as well as the continued adventures of Din, not instead of. I want to see the future of Mandalore settled with Bo Katan becoming a key figure in the series.

I'm sad about Grogu being with Luke. I would have preferred they stay together.

It makes narrative sense to split them up at this point. That was Mando's mission all season, and he accomplishes it. Going forward the questions will be when, how, and why they inevitably reunite. Because they most certainly will, maybe sooner than some are anticipating.

Although obviously a spin-off. Book of Fett, and what will be Mando Season 3 are two "separate" shows.
I guess I don't get the poll?

As far as Mando Season 3;

He started firmly believing one way, then every "Mando" and experience he's encountered, has slowly challenged his beliefs, and his purpose as a "Mando".
Physically and symbolically chipping away at his "armor".:cwink:
So who will be left standing there by end, who ultimately get's to define what The Mandalorian is?
4r0s7m.gif

As we did with Beskar, the Armor, we'll likely follow the meaning and role of the Darksaber((essentially Mando-Excalibur) who gets to wield it or not) and why. By right, by combat, etc. and to what ends? What it should or shouldn't ultimately signify to wield it.

4v3to8.gif

The f
ate of planet Mandalor (it's people), who should rule it /or not. And the over-all definition of what it is to be a "Mandalorian", who defines what it is or isn't to be one.
MC07vHF.jpg

We've been introduced to several; from the most dogmatic almost cult like Death Watch, the (Armorer clan), to the most loose and self serving (Fett), interpretations, to those suposedly fighting to bring Mandalor back Bo the Knight Owls, (or rule it)? And all in-between.
Mando is all of these, yet none, he walks this line, To what ends and purpose should the Beskar, the helmet and armor, and now the Darksaber "serve"?

This is a fractured people, pulling in several directions, for the viewer, and more importantly for Din Djarin on his quest.
Who in the end defines what it is to be The Mandalorian , if not himself.
All this will be answered.
This is an epic sci-fi samurai/western/knights-quest, so much has been seeded for Season 3.

4r0qic.gif

Last edited:
It makes narrative sense to split them up at this point. That was Mando's mission all season, and he accomplishes it. Going forward the questions will be when, how, and why they inevitably reunite. Because they most certainly will, maybe sooner than some are anticipating.
How long are you thinking they will be apart? 1 season?

I can’t imagine anyone wants to see the last of Din. A Boba Fett show along with Fennec Shand is exciting, but only as well as the continued adventures of Din, not instead of. I want to see the future of Mandalore settled with Bo Katan becoming a key figure in the series.
Don't think anyone wants to see the end of Din. An ideal season 3 would be a time jump where Din needs to find Grogu again.

I love Grogu like everyone else, but I'd be totally up for Din regardless of whether with Grogu or not. If they're covering the story of the battle for Mandalore then maybe that is a convenient time for him to go off on his little training adventure with Luke and come back with more powers.

I just want next season to be more about Din and him finally accepting/embracing his Mandalorian roots by reclaiming Mandalore with Bo-Katan and her crew.

I still don't believe Grogu is completely gone from this show either, but if they did bring him back I'd fine if they saved him for the Season 3 finale.

Also, more Carl Weathers would be nice too since he played such a small role this season.

It makes absolute sense that show named Mandalorian is going to be about guy in Mandalorian armor fighting for his home planet. While show was good with Grogu, you can only go so far with that storyline and introducing new plot withing new arc in story makes sense. This season did alot of development and introduced new set of characters to make that story work.

I am actually more excited about that than I was overall before. We gone from lone bounty hunter western type Star Wars story set in space to father-son dynamic to actually something new. It's good story writing.

This series is about Din and not Grogu. Grogu did a lot of work for Din's character development. Without him I dont think there is Din with darksaber with fellow Mandalorian's like Bo-Katan.

Grogu is a permanent part of Star Wars lore now and will surely be revisited on more than one occasion in future. This is ultimately Din’s story though long term and the show will eventually adapt with that, even if Grogu was the other main character till now.

I imagine that Grogu will return. Eventually. He was key to just so much of Din Djarin's character development, they won't keep him away forever.

I do think season 3 is going to be more about what it means to be Mandalorian. I imagine, Din is going to find where his old covert has relocated. And with everything that has happened, that could be a bit of an explosive reunion. I hope the show goes more into Mandalore lore. I want to see what happened to the New Mandalorians. If any Protectors remain.

Or, in short, just give me a **** ton of unique armors.

Seems to me that we are in for a Mandalore centered plot. With how things ended Din/Mando has been put in an awkward position and will be be pitted against both sides of Mandalore with who gets to rule, especially since he’s the current “owner” of Darksaber

Plus, I am sure we will see the new season connect with both the upcoming Ahsoka and Rangers of the Republic series. Gideon is still alive so I’m sure he will play a larger role in the upcoming season. And then there’s also a certain Grand Admiral that will surely make an appearance

I mean, we've seen Mandalore. The Mandalorians have done a number on it even before the Empire began a purge.

Seems to me that we are in for a Mandalore centered plot. With how things ended Din/Mando has been put in an awkward position and will be be pitted against both sides of Mandalore with who gets to rule, especially since he’s the current “owner” of Darksaber

Plus, I am sure we will see the new season connect with both the upcoming Ahsoka and Rangers of the Republic series. Gideon is still alive so I’m sure he will play a larger role in the upcoming season. And then there’s also a certain Grand Admiral that will surely make an appearance
There's surely more to come from Gideon. Esposito plays him so well that he will go out in a much bigger way when he eventually goes out. Yeah, counting on the big bad and can't wait to get to him.

I'm as sorry to see the puppet go as much as the next viewer. They do a very good job investing me in Din's investment emotional and otherwise into the life of BabyYo.

That indtroductory phase of the show is over though. Grogu is still very important to the show and I am 100% certain we will see him again in some capacity, probably very important to our Mando in some sense, in the future.

But that's fine. Grogu can be on the back burner being protected by LUKE MOTHER EFFING SKYWALKER, but elements related to him are not likely going anywhere. The Moff was experimenting with the child's blood. That's coming into play some time. And the affect of BabyYo on Din is not going anywhere.

But it was time to get Mando more involved with concepts like the Mandalorian culture and the crusade to retake Mandalore. This feels inherently like it's bringing Din into the orbit of Bo-Katan and I think that's choosing danger that Grogu didn't sign up for so to speak. Din wouldn't take the child into that and all the related dangers. There's really no safe harbor for long periods in that kind of set up. Mando can't just drop Grogu off at a babysitter's in the middle of protracted Mandalorian internal conflict.

Which is where I want things to go because it is the path that will answer many important questions posed the last two seasons. Who were Din's parents? What happened that they were killed in some kind of attack? What were Din's people originally? Was the attack a setup to fill the ranks of Death Watch? How would Din feel learning the answers to any of these things?

Other questions abound as well:

Where is the rest of his Covert?

What does or doesn't the Amorer know about the truth of Death Watch?

How did Bo lose custody of the Dark Saber?

Will Bo's "age" become a factor in the show or will they hand wave that away?

Why was Gideon so interested in Mandalore and Mandalorians in the first place? What is his connection?

Lastly... Where are the non-warriors who do NOT follow the "way" from the Mandalorian people? When do we get the POV of those without and armor fetish?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"