The Winter Soldier Where was SHIELD Agent Clint Barton?

When Cap, BW and Falcon (I think he was there...) were imprisoned in that truck and one of the soldiers started killing the others, and was revealed as Maria Hill, I was at first convinced it would be Hawkeye. To be honest, I would have preferred that, as we still would have seen Hill back at the base with Fury anyway.

precisely

that still doesn't account for where they are during Thor, but we'll just assume the earth portion of that movie didn't take long at all, so by time they were alerted about Greenwich, Thor had already won
The Earth portion of Thor was brief time-wise. Also, did you see the planes fly in when Thor was fighting Malekith? I assumed those were SHIELD planes.

Hawkeye is a difficult and intransigent flaw in the current SHIELD universe, given the events of TWS. We don't know his status, we don't know where he is. But, if Marvel ever wanted to do a spinoff ...cough cough West Coast... this could be a good jumping off point, and Renner has the star power necessary to lead a cast for WCA.

Not saying this is likely, but rather speculating why his presence is so mysterious currently in the MCU, given recent events.

We've seen BW go off the radar. Fury is off to the European Theater. Hill is infiltrating Stark Industries. What will Hawkeye do, now that everyone of importance that ever gave him orders or fought by his side is MIA?

Time for Clint to become Hawkeye.

Kevin Feige has said that Hawkeye's absence will be explained in AOU. As disappointing as it was not to see him in the movie (he's one of SHIELD's top agents, the movie revolves around SHIELD, he's already the Avenger who's drawn the short end of the stick in the MCU thus far, and his partner/best friend/possible lover is practically the co-star), if they really couldn't find a place for him, then I'm fine with leaving him out. The only thing that kind of bothered me was that they couldn't be bothered to have one or two lines of dialogue explaining why he wasn't there. Seriously, it would have been really easy and would have taken like ten seconds at most.

Meh, I wasn't that worried by hawkeyes lack of appearance to be honest

Hawkeye is a difficult and intransigent flaw in the current SHIELD universe, given the events of TWS. We don't know his status, we don't know where he is. But, if Marvel ever wanted to do a spinoff ...cough cough West Coast... this could be a good jumping off point, and Renner has the star power necessary to lead a cast for WCA.

Not saying this is likely, but rather speculating why his presence is so mysterious currently in the MCU, given recent events.

We've seen BW go off the radar. Fury is off to the European Theater. Hill is infiltrating Stark Industries. What will Hawkeye do, now that everyone of importance that ever gave him orders or fought by his side is MIA?

Time for Clint to become Hawkeye.

I agree with you on most of this, but I'm curious why you chose to describe Hill as [BLACKOUT]"infiltrating" Stark Industries. Seemed that she was just out of work and applying for a job, maybe taking Happy Hogan's place as chief of security.[/BLACKOUT]

Maybe Hawkeye was alrealdy somewhere in Korea

Sokovia. So far, Renner has been shown in the "Sokovia" scenes with Wanda & Pietro; not in Korea, though. That's Cap and Widow.

Kevin Feige has said that Hawkeye's absence will be explained in AOU. As disappointing as it was not to see him in the movie (he's one of SHIELD's top agents, the movie revolves around SHIELD, he's already the Avenger who's drawn the short end of the stick in the MCU thus far, and his partner/best friend/possible lover is practically the co-star), if they really couldn't find a place for him, then I'm fine with leaving him out. The only thing that kind of bothered me was that they couldn't be bothered to have one or two lines of dialogue explaining why he wasn't there. Seriously, it would have been really easy and would have taken like ten seconds at most.

SHIELD might have considered Clint to be too high-risk to go back into a standard field agent position. Yes, it wasn't his fault that he was mind-borked by Loki, but it raises legitimate questions about whether it could happen to him again, and whether or not there's any nasty "psychic residue" from his experiences. He might've been going through a rigorous series of psych evals from SHIELD shrinks while TWS was going on; maybe even given an honorable discharge from the agency if Fury didn't trust him enough to take him back.

I agree with you on most of this, but I'm curious why you chose to describe Hill as [BLACKOUT]"infiltrating" Stark Industries. Seemed that she was just out of work and applying for a job, maybe taking Happy Hogan's place as chief of security.[/BLACKOUT]

I said that very tongue in cheek.

Hill isn't "infiltrating" SI per say, but she IS going into work for a man she could barely stand in The Avengers, and who (comic book wise) she has a difficult past with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"