Arrow Which Actor fits it's DC Character the best?

Silver Surfer

Power Cosmic
Reaction score
I only included previously established characters from the comics so we can have a point of reference. I know Felicity is a DC Comics character, but she's very minor compared to her TV counterpart, so I excluded her.

I would have to say Manu as Slade is the best of the bunch, his Deathstroke and Slade are phenomenal adaptions from the source material. Honorable mentions go to Barrowman and Amell, both Archers are portrayed very well.

Definitely Manu Bennett, but like you said, honourable mentions to Amell Barrowman

Ok who voted Katie Cassidy?:dry:

No Deathstroke all the way!!!!!

Bennett as Deathstroke, Amell is great and by the end of the series his character may resemble the Green Arrow more. But he is not there yet.

Manu is a slight departure from comics Slade, but sometimes comes off as almost an improvement over the source material.

Amell's "Arrow" is completely different than the comics Green Arrow, and I'm fine with that. They've created their own thing. And it's good.

They created their own thing with the Sara Canary too, but the execution has been lackluster so far. Her backstory isn't as well done as how they handled Amell's character.

Colton's Roy is inferior to the comics version. The changes didn't work.

Barrowman's Merlyn has the potential to be a vast improvement over the comics version.

So ultimately none of the Arrow characters really fit the DC Comics versions. Some have changed for the better, others for the worse.

Technically David since the DC version of Diggle was based on him.:oldrazz:

But I voted for Manu.

I get the feeling after "Time of Death" I may be saying Clock King.

Manu is a slight departure from comics Slade, but sometimes comes off as almost an improvement over the source material.

Amell's "Arrow" is completely different than the comics Green Arrow, and I'm fine with that. They've created their own thing. And it's good.

They created their own thing with the Sara Canary too, but the execution has been lackluster so far. Her backstory isn't as well done as how they handled Amell's character.

Colton's Roy is inferior to the comics version. The changes didn't work.

Barrowman's Merlyn has the potential to be a vast improvement over the comics version.

So ultimately none of the Arrow characters really fit the DC Comics versions. Some have changed for the better, others for the worse.

I'm a little confused, it's which one fits best, not which one is perfect.

Fitting with the comics is an utterly pointless endeavor. The comics are:

1) A different medium. Things that work in the comics don't work in live action

2) Mixed and mediocre. Green Arrow has some great iconic comics, but most are pretty bad. The New 52 is particularly underwhelming. I really hope Geoff Johns won't try to align certain things with the current comics.

Some of the best characters on Arrow (like Oliver) are the least like their comic counterparts.

Green Arrow has been better than most series for a while now. You should start reading it again.

I voted for Manu Bennett as Deathstroke, with Stephen Ammell a close second.

He got banned for doing nothing but *****ing about DC. So I doubt he'd have even tried it out.

While I saw it coming, I'm still a little surprised by how quickly it happened.

Nice to see Caity getting some votes, now how about some for amell

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"