Which actors or directors ruin a movie for you?

I don't really hate Tim Burton, I'm just getting really tired of his shtick. Do a normal god damn movie for once!

... WITHOUT Johnny Depp

... And WITHOUT Danny Elfman!

Danny Elfman is not composing Sweeney Todd. Stephen Sondheim's songs and orchestra will be used in the film just as they were in the stage productions.

So no one is going to see Jumper or Awake?

I like Hayden, I'll definitely be seeing Jumper.

Jumper looks like it will be cool, I won't see it the day it comes out, I might have to read some reviews first

Wow! Someone is obsessed with the play lol!!

Not really. I'm just tired of "You see X movie?" Where X = the most recent *****ty remake or adaptation of a usually better movie.

Then that wonderful blank stare when I ask, "the original or the remake?"

Not really. I'm just tired of "You see X movie?" Where X = the most recent *****ty remake or adaptation of a usually better movie.

Then that wonderful blank stare when I ask, "the original or the remake?"

Yeah I hear ya on that one. So many damn remakes happening and you meet so many people that have no idea half of these films have been made before, even twice over.

And Figman.... most of them seem to like Burton. If people weren't ******ed and sheepish, he wouldn't be 'brilliant'.

And Figman.... most of them seem to like Burton. If people weren't ******ed and sheepish, he wouldn't be 'brilliant'.

I like his work, but then again I like a whole lot of Directors. So for you it's because of the whole "dark, gothic, self loathing, depression" angle that gets on your nerves?

I like his work, but then again I like a whole lot of Directors. So for you it's because of the whole "dark, gothic, self loathing, depression" angle that gets on your nerves?

That's it, exactly. They're all the same. He's like a johnny one note. Every movie has the same weirdness to it, and they're always dark and depressing. His creativity is very limited because he only does the same thing over and over.
And I hate it when someone is considered brilliant, just because they push the weird-o-meter.

Casey hit the nail on the head.

Although one of his lesser films, Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes didn't employ his usual style...

^ mostly because Fox was more in control then Burton. But yea, Planet of the Apes didn't feel like a Tim Burton movie that much. It was pretty bland, and not that entertaining like all of his others.

Tom Cruise, Steven Segal and John Travolta will ruin a movie for me every time ! Segal seems to have curtailed his movie making recently. Now if the other two would only do the same !

actors that ruin movies - adam sandler (but i like the rob schneider cameos), sylvester stallone (but frank was great in 'barfly'!)

music that ruins movies - aerosmith

directors - bryan singer

Sarah Jessica Parker-This woman shouldn't even be allowed in Hollywood.

Tom Cruise, Steven Segal and John Travolta will ruin a movie for me every time ! Segal seems to have curtailed his movie making recently. Now if the other two would only do the same !

My good friend will never watch a Steven Segal film, as he refers to his fighting style as '****-fu'...

That's it, exactly. They're all the same. He's like a johnny one note. Every movie has the same weirdness to it, and they're always dark and depressing. His creativity is very limited because he only does the same thing over and over.
And I hate it when someone is considered brilliant, just because they push the weird-o-meter.

Casey hit the nail on the head.

See, the same thing can be said about most directors. Look at Michael Mann for example, you could say he's also a johnny one note because all his movies are about heists/cop shootouts for the most part. I think a lot of it has to do with bias as well as clicks too. Like most of the preppy/jock/"normal" people I've known don't like Burton, and it's usually because of that same thing "he's too weird!".

No, that's not it. Not for me, anyway. Weird can be good as long as it's creative and makes sense in context. But weirdness just for the sake of weirdness is just .. boring and cliche. Like Edward Scissorhands was just so bizarre I couldn't even watch it. If it had been bizarre and entertaining, than great. But bizarre just for the sake of shock or whatever is just vapid, imo.

If he had wanted the audience to get some deep meaning or learn a great lesson from the movie, he would have at least made it palatable enough for people to sit through. My time is too valuable to me. I'm not willing to give up two hours of my life on something I think is that bad.

Alan Smithee. That guy's made some terrible movies. :)

Nobody here knows who Alan Smithee is. ;)

See, the same thing can be said about most directors. Look at Michael Mann for example, you could say he's also a johnny one note because all his movies are about heists/cop shootouts for the most part. I think a lot of it has to do with bias as well as clicks too. Like most of the preppy/jock/"normal" people I've known don't like Burton, and it's usually because of that same thing "he's too weird!".

I look at all films this way: if I like it, I like it. Marilyn Manson could make a film, and if I think the film is good, it's good. I don't let simple things like cliques or how I will be looked at change my opinion on a film. A film is like a painting. It wouldn't matter if the Mona Lisa was made from a racist Satanist, I'd still admire it for what it is.

If he had wanted the audience to get some deep meaning or learn a great lesson from the movie, he would have at least made it palatable enough for people to sit through. My time is too valuable to me. I'm not willing to give up two hours of my life on something I think is that bad.

If your time is so Valuable Then why are you "waisting" your time on here discussing about something you think is a waist of time? irony much? :whatever:

sorry i waisted more of your time. :o :yay:

If your time is so Valuable Then why are you "waisting" your time on here discussing about something you think is a waist of time? irony much? :whatever:

sorry i waisted more of your time. :o :yay:

Um, first of all my waist has nothing to do with it. And obviously, I don't consider this a waste of time. Nor is it taking up two hours of my life like a movie would.

:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"