Which alternate reality do you hope Strange travels to?

Discussion in 'Doctor Strange' started by Silvermoth, Apr 13, 2016.

?

Which realities do you want to see?

1. Ultimate Universe

2. Marvel zombies

3. Squadron supreme

4. Satanic avengers universe

5. What if universe(s)

6. Dormammu's realm

7. Marvel 1602

8. Something else

9. Other

10. No realities despite them being mentioned in the trailer

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Zombies and Ultimate. Not a fan of non 616 universes in the comics, but I found those two to be the most interesting. 2099 is interesting too but I am skeptical about it.

While I always find the What If issues to be pointless. So no to that. Like I am fine with what if scenarios in a movie but an entire film? Er no.

2. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

*cough*
    This entire thread has basically started off of a mistake of premise. Which is kind of what I thought beforehand. There are plenty of alternate dimensions in the movie. None of them have anything to do with parallel timelines. Such may well exist, but they are unimportant compared to the dimensions where basic physical laws are alien.

3. mustapantteri Registered

Fox's X-menverse and Microverse.

4. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

YES. thats exactly what i was thinking during my most recent viewing of the film. Even if there are realities where earth/physics/time is mostly the same except for "Zombies" or "Spider-Ham" or something, what would be the point of going there?

In Doctor Strange they discuss a total of 4 dimension in any significant detail:
    1. The Astral Dimension - A place where the soul exists apart from the body.
    2. The Mirror Dimension - Essentially a replica of the real world where nothing that happens there has any bearing on the real world. Matter manipulation seems easier here.
    3. The Dark Dimension - Dormammus realm, outside of time and contains an untapped power of some kind.
    4. "The real world" - didnt hear them refer to it in any other way. But it would seem that its the only dimension so far where our laws of nature/science and time apply.

Here's hoping we see some more in Doctor Strange 2.

5. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I wouldn't be shocked if the "grand tour" scene actually has more depth to it than one would think, if examined more closely. Once it comes out on disk, people will be playing "categorize the dimension".

6. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

I feel pretty confident they could delve into the Dream Dimension in a sequel. Other than that, it all boils down to creativity.

I wonder if the bifrost taps into another dimension. Or space between dimensions. The quantum realm may also have something to do with this.