Which Cartoon had the best opening?

Levathian

Bastard
Reaction score
Such a difficult choice, but I think it goes to Batman. It's much more unique. The art style and the whole way it was done.

[YT]lEx9r5enZsk[/YT]

[YT]DZGN9fZvQhc[/YT]

[YT]sAkL2-vh2Sk[/YT]

[YT]gMulgxY8GvU[/YT]

Tough to choose between B:TAS & X-Men, they're both great in their own ways.

S:TAS was never given a real intro. If they had I wonder if it would be more fondly remembered.

Batman. X-Men is too corny. The others were just clips from episodes.

Not even close for me. It is BTAS. Just epic. If we are counting just the music, then I might give the nod to the 60s Spider-Man cartoon, but counting the animation, BTAS is an all-timer for any show.

The Batman/Superman adventures deserves a nod as well, that song was perfect.

Only using 90's cartoons? Because X-Men: Evolution and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes have awesome openings.

It's a four-way tie between BTAS, Batman Beyond, The Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers EMH for me.

Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse so terrible I loved it down to the Mancini ripoff theme)
Spider-Man (60's)
BTAS
Thundercats
Gargoyles
Batman Beyond
Samurai Jack

Favorite worst -Marvel Super Heroes (1966)

Last edited:
It's obviously a toss up between BTAS and XTAS.

While Batman: The Animated Series is a MUCH better cartoon, and its opening is more graceful, I'm going with the X-Men one. That theme song that begins with tracking an "X" symbol exploding in the sun is the stuff of childhood legend. It is the most Xciting thing that ever Xisted. Oh great, look what's it made me do!

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is still the standard-bearer for super hero cartoons. The intro question is no different. Both the Fury voice-over and the music-only versions are fantastic.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is still the standard-bearer for super hero cartoons. The intro question is no different. Both the Fury voice-over and the music-only versions are fantastic.

Yep, what a tragedy it got cancelled for a much much MUCH lower quality show.

Only using 90's cartoons? Because X-Men: Evolution and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes have awesome openings.
I agreed.

X-Men Evolution intro 1 (one I prefer)

[YT]6faj24XtmP8[/YT]

X-Men Evolution intro 2

[YT]IUg0IH0LF9I[/YT]

Avengers: EMH (again, I prefer intro 1)

[YT]OQLWXK4PQi4[/YT]

[YT]p0_0dXJ89U4[/YT]
Always got me up in the morning. When they switched up the theme to have a 60s kick to it, I definitely got up less.
[YT]TwP4vSfjygY[/YT]
Never watched an ep to its entirety, but this somehow left an impression.
[YT]AKvWZpODbmA[/YT][YT]Tw8uoMfhIjo[/YT]
Yes, that one was apparently produced by Marvel Studios​
[YT]LNXDORibqkE[/YT][YT]YKSU82afy1w[/YT]

X-men out of the those top choices..
But I'm old school so nothing tops Spider-man and his amazing friends! The music on that show is mind blowingly cheesefest galore and I loved every minute of it! Lol.

Sunbow's GI Joe openings were great too. They were almost like their own mini-movies, each depicting a separate battle between the Joes and Cobra. They had a different one for each of the four seasons, and then one for the movie with Cobra attacking the Statue of Liberty.

Batman
The Incredible Hulk 90’d cartoon (S1)- Explores the dark, tormented side of Banner, his life with Betty, being on the run from all his enemies and his fear of the Hulk! Plus, the visuals and theme music fit very well with the dark, ominous and tragic nature of the character! Really underrated show, at least in the first season.

Batman
The Incredible Hulk 90’d cartoon (S1)- Explores the dark, tormented side of Banner, his life with Betty, being on the run from all his enemies and his fear of the Hulk! Plus, the visuals and theme music fit very well with the dark, ominous and tragic nature of the character! Really underrated show, at least in the first season.

Season 1 is extremely underrated. On par with pretty much anything.

[YT]dyQpEoMFF3w[/YT]

[YT]7VlyNUyApm8[/YT]

If we're talking Hulk, I'd argue the 1982 cartoon intro captures the Hulk, and the tone of the comics, perfectly. The music as well is amazing - a slow, doom-ridden march that expresses the terrible majesty of the character. Amazingly foreboding for a kid's show!

Last edited:
[YT]7VlyNUyApm8[/YT]

If we're talking Hulk, I'd argue the 1982 cartoon intro captures the Hulk, and the tone of the comics, perfectly. The music as well is amazing - a slow, doom-ridden march that expresses the terrible majesty of the character. Amazingly foreboding for a kid's show!

I can definitely agree with all of this as well! Love the end with Hulk lifting up the title sequence, showing he's the strongest one there is! :woot::bh:

Yep, what a tragedy it got cancelled for a much much MUCH lower quality show.

I agree completely. AA has its moments, but EMH rarely, if ever, had a disposable episode.

[YT]7VlyNUyApm8[/YT]

I sometimes hit that music before I'm ready to perform a heavy set at the gym. It's perfect to get you in the right mindset. :bh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"