Which Cartoon had the best opening?

More favorites of mine

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)
[YT]irwbj3ZwJjc[/YT]

Check out how badass Michelangelo is made to appear in this intro.

Spider-Man (1981)

But I'm old school so nothing tops Spider-man and his amazing friends! The music on that show is mind blowingly cheesefest galore and I loved every minute of it! Lol.
Awesome.

[YT]7VlyNUyApm8[/YT]
If we're talking Hulk, I'd argue the 1982 cartoon intro captures the Hulk, and the tone of the comics, perfectly. The music as well is amazing - a slow, doom-ridden march that expresses the terrible majesty of the character. Amazingly foreboding for a kid's show!
Easily a favorite of mine.

For comic book cartoons it’s definitely BTAS then followed by XMAS.
However below are some of my favorites
ThunderCats
SilverHawks
Starcom
Sky Surfers
Bionic Six

Batman Beyond and Justice League had pretty good intros. Batman Beyond was even fairly unique.

I sometimes hit that music before I'm ready to perform a heavy set at the gym.
It's perfect to get you in the right mindset.
As opposed to this one [YT]Dj26N10Ymlg[/YT]
Which gets you...?
2at1mf.gif

Last edited:
BTAS 100%. As a kid i used to wake up every single saturday morning in order watch the cartoon. The music and imagery brings back a ton of good memories.

[YT]lEx9r5enZsk[/YT]

Out of those 4, X-men for sure.

Other favorites of mine include TMNT, and The Transformers which already were posted, but also Robotech, Star Blazers, and Galaxy High.

[YT]WHfNniqT7bo[/YT]

[YT]ItKC89IVEJc[/YT]

[YT]ISdr6wf68Kk[/YT]

Spider-man and his Amazing Friends was always a personal fave....

BTAS 100%. As a kid i used to wake up every single saturday morning in order watch the cartoon. The music and imagery brings back a ton of good memories.

[YT]lEx9r5enZsk[/YT]

/thread.

my favorites are
1990s spider-man
1967 spider-man
1990 x-men
1990 batman

my all time favorite is the 1980s to 1990s teeange mutant ninja turtlers!! what an awesome theme song!!

[YT]7VlyNUyApm8[/YT]

If we're talking Hulk, I'd argue the 1982 cartoon intro captures the Hulk, and the tone of the comics, perfectly. The music as well is amazing - a slow, doom-ridden march that expresses the terrible majesty of the character. Amazingly foreboding for a kid's show!

Wow. Never heard that before, but it's pretty great.

As for my top pick:

[YT]MXph0arElKs[/YT]

So epic and cinematic.

[YT]MXph0arElKs[/YT]

So epic and cinematic.

Was definitely an improvement over ...
[YT]jQMtNj4o138[/YT]

What's funny is I think to this day most never even got the parallel Filmation nods.

2c9u76.gif

2c9uo6.gif

-

2c9u99.gif

2c9uko.gif

-

2cadih.gif

2c9us0.gif

-

2c9uf1.gif

2c9zg1.gif

Not a part of the intro, but I'll add Filmation's Batman.
2car94.gif

2c9w3a.gif

Sadly Filmation couldn't add Batman or Wonder Woman to their JL at the time as they were licensed for live action shows- Batman 66-67 and look for the equally camp 67 attempt at a Wonder Woman pilot).
Filmation however did great by Wonder Girl, they didn't shy from showcasing her as the most powerful on the Titans. And frequently using the bracelets.
And they'd go on to do the first animated Wonder Woman, appearing of all places the Brady Cartoon. Although visually the least analogues I could find..
6d3prk.gif

49hggv.gif

Last edited:
Sound like they recycled one of the tracks from the 67 Spider-Man cartoon for this intro.

I don't know, could be a track circulating among animators? They both debuted September 9, 1967.
LOL! Do you have a link to the comparable Spider-Man track? Not the classic intro.

Last edited:
I don't know, could be a track circulating among animators? They both debuted September 9, 1967.
LOL! Do you have a link to the comparable Spider-Man track? Not the classic intro.
Reference point would be in the episode 'Horn of the Rhino' episode, that theme that plays in the airport scene.

LOL Great call, they do sound similar.
Man that incidental Spidey music brings me back. Although I think it's a pretty generic coincidence.

Damn I love that show! Don't know why the youtube links don't work on it here, but when the Rhino grins LOL!
Then breaks through the fuel truck! And the whole football back and forth with the top-secret luggage at the airport, pure joy!:woot:

Last edited:
Some of the most fun BS any superhero show generously offered. :D

80's Transformers- Season 1
90's X-Men
90's Spider-Man - Season 1.
1982 Hulk

Another underrated entry.

[YT]o3Jaegvf3Dc[/YT]

Dat John Williams theme.

Came in to say Robotech. Best music of any animated show ever, makes it that much more enjoyable.

Also,

[YT]ty7GT2vgM1A[/YT]

And I quite enjoy the DBS Tournament of Power Intro:

[YT]GAkAM5dySxA[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija