Which Character Had the Best Ending?

Discussion in 'Game of Thrones' started by Deck Rickard, May 20, 2019.

?

Which characters had the best ending

1. Jon

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Dany

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Sansa

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Arya

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Bran

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. Tormund

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Brienne

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Jaime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Tyrion

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  10. Varys

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Cersei

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Theon

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  13. Grey Worm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Missandei

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Jorah

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  16. Yara

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Sandor

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  18. Gregor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Qyburn

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  20. Drogon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. Euron

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  22. Beric

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  23. Davos

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  24. Gendry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  25. Melisandre

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  26. The Night King

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  27. Edmure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  28. Robin Arryn

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  29. Ghost

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  30. Anyone else; ran out of choices

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Well, the final season has been... mixed at best. But now that it's all over, which character(s) had a resolution you were happy with?

2. Schlosser85 Registered

Probably The Hound.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  3. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Crap, forgot about Sam and Gilly. Mods, can someone edit the poll and swap out Edmure and Robin Arryn for them?

4. Kahran Ramsus Super Moderator

Lord Bronn. He got everything he ever wanted and more. Nice to see him finally getting his reward after being screwed out of his proper compensation for years by the Lannisters.

5. harlequinade DayGirl

Jorah because he died before episode 5 and if he saw that **** it would kill him lol

Lencho01 and Deck Rickard like this.
  6. x-er Registered

I think Bran has the entire fairytale in his hands from the moment he sees the beheading of the deserter of the night's watch and hears the stories of the white walkers from her nanny; he's also fit to be king as we see when he listens to his people's complaints when everyone is gone. However, the last few seasons don't quite tell the story right with Bran, and hardly with anyone, even though it does seem everyone ends up where they're supposed to.

ludovica likes this.
  7. jolldan Registered

Jon Snow

I personally loved Jon's ending, even though I wouldn't have minded him as the ruler he never wanted it and for me it would have been sadder had he ended up on the throne at the end after killing Daenerys as he got to see how it can corrupt people. Initially when I found out he was being sent back to the wall I felt so bad for him but after reflecting on it for a while its the best place for him and of course we knew he wasn't going to stay in Castle Black. Lots of Jon's fondest memories took place north of the wall so I enjoyed that our last look at him was Jon heading back in to the north to make a new somewhat simpler life.

ludovica likes this.
  8. ludovica Daddy Feige notice me!

1 up for Bronn.

Dany got what she long deserved, so I am happy with that even if it was too late.
    Down with imperialists!

Sweet Sam is way too much ahead of his times.

Kahran Ramsus and jolldan like this.
  9. jolldan Registered

Yeah I had to go with Jon for just how invested in his character I was but second place would be a tie between Bronn & Davos.

Bronn
    To me he always represented the sort of common man in among these kings, queens and grand stories so it great to see him finish the season having progressed from simply a sell sword to now a noble and one of the most powerful people in the kingdoms was very satisfying.

Davos
    Was much and such the same for me, he's very salt of the earth and was never boastful, what I thought was a beautiful touch corrected Bronn's grammer, a nod to his development from just 5 seasons ago being an illiterate sailor that he can now read, write and is the Master of Ships.

10. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Lol this is the only correct answer.

harlequinade likes this.
  11. BrownEyedGirl Registered

Sandor. He at least went out fighting and leaving an impact on people.

Davos, something about him I always liked, and I am glad he has some happiness with all of the devastation that has gone on in his life.

Jon, while I am not happy he didn't fight or anything, I just can't see him being a king of Westeros, and he always liked it up North. He also always wanted to be a ranger like his uncle Benjen, and this is the best ending he can hope for. He's got his best friend Tormund, his wolf Ghost, and he can always go back to Castle Black and send ravens to say hello to everyone.

CaptainWagner and ludovica like this.
  12. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Theon and Sansa's ends I liked.

13. x-er Registered

Poor drogon

14. CaptainWagner I'm A Worrier, It's What I Do (P) (he/him)

Honestly, I'm happy with pretty much all of the endings, they all, for the most part, got what they wanted/deserved. I do wish Gendry had declined his lordship to leave with Arya, but it's also good to have an honest, humble man like him ruling.

That whole final small counsel meeting made me the happiest, I think. Both because those roles are the peak goal for each character and that the kingdom will be in good hands with them. I just wish that they hadn't blown off Dorne so that Ellaria or one of the Sand Snakes could have been Master of War.

15. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Robin Arryn got a good ending. He finally went through puberty.

CaptainWagner likes this.
  16. Brother Jack Eccentric Billionaire

Looking at an overview of all the characters, I'm actually content with where most of them ended up. The biggest exceptions are Jaime and Cersei, but at least with Jaime I think it was a problem with execution rather than idea, as were most of the problems with the last two seasons. As for the one I feel happiest with, I'd have to go with Jon. I've seen a lot of criticism that his true identity didn't go anywhere. It's a huge oversight that it wasn't even mentioned in the finale, but I think the basic story of Jon sacrificing his legitimate claim to the throne by taking out Dany felt like an appropriately Stark-like outcome, being punished for doing the ostensibly right thing (even though it wasn't really a punishment). Him becoming the next Mance Rayder felt like the perfect outcome. He got what he wanted.

17. JimThompson Registered

Tyrion, I suppose.

In truth, it would be easier to list those characters whose endings I found disappointing.

18. Donner Formerly Elektra1 (she/her/hers)

Tyrion was a horrible Hand, sucked at his job, committed war crimes, killed his lover, and committed treason and he still got a say in who the new king would be AND got the job of Hand (again). He had the best ending.

I guess Sansa as well since she's queen and has wanted that her entire life.

19. Lip Registered

For me almost all of them were underwhelming in the execution, so it's really hard to pick.

I'm still not over that disturbing line they wrote for Sansa, when they used her rape to empower her. But I'd pick her as the... best?

I've never been a big fan of Brienne. Her chapters in the books are some of the most boring to me. But what they did to her was sad, IMO. She ended her journey crying for Jaime and writing his story. Wow.

Elektra1 likes this.
  20. CaptainWagner I'm A Worrier, It's What I Do (P) (he/him)

I still don't get this? Why is Brienne not allowed to cry over the man she loved leaving her? The fact that she doesn't let her own emotional betrayal cloud her conviction in his own restored sense of honor only makes her character stronger. And now she's the highest ranking knight in the land, as Commander of the King's Guard. I think she got a pretty great ending.

Bim likes this.
  21. Donner Formerly Elektra1 (she/her/hers)

I agree. And that her last line about him was that he died protecting his queen. It would be nice if people stopped pretending like Cersei was a good person.

22. Lip Registered

I didn't mind the last line.

What bothered me was the end of her journey being determined by Jaime. Serving Jaime. Let's be honest that last scene of her was more about him, than about her.

When it comes to his arc, I like what that scene meant. When it comes to hers... nope.

23. Donner Formerly Elektra1 (she/her/hers)

Edit: nevermind I thought you were talking about Brienne. Cersei deserved worse.

#23 Donner, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
  24. JimThompson Registered

Personally, I thought she deserved a lot worse. I think she got off light.

25. Donner Formerly Elektra1 (she/her/hers)

I meant Brienne not Cersei.

Cersei definitely deserved worse.

Edit: I misread the post.

JimThompson likes this.