Which character had the better ending? Batman vs iron man vs captain America vs logan

Bruce's ending was deserved but IMO it would have felt more meaningful if he had actually died in the explosion. I still think Bruce running off to Italy with a woman he barely knows and has little reason to trust considering she stole from him twice and sold him out to Bane is a little far fetched, especially since he would undoubtedly be recognized at some point since he's a famous billionaire.

Having Bruce actually die negates the entire point of the movie. It's supposed to be about Bruce overcoming a death wish by learning to appreciate life again. You don't set that up just to kill him at the end anyways, It'd be deeply unsatisfying.

Selina also saved his life and helped him secure the bomb from Talia when she could have just escaped. That really should count for a lot.

Cap. I had that one pegged. He deserved that life. I'd say a tie between IM and Batman. I recognize that Logan was well done, but it wasn't my cup of tea.

Hope they have little Caps running around in the future.

I actually think all four are great and effective in there own ways, but Steve's and Bruce's just hit more emotionally and I am also just a sucker for happy endings. Tony's and Logan's were well done as well , but a lot sadder and depressing endings just kind of bum me out to be honest.

I actually think all four are great and effective in there own ways, but Steve's and Bruce's just hit more emotionally and I am also just a sucker for happy endings. Tony's and Logan's were well done as well , but a lot sadder and depressing endings just kind of bum me out to be honest.

I think there is some sadness to Bruce's end as well though. Despite what Alfred said I think it's sad to see someone abandon the man that basically served as his father, and spent his life doing things for him, just because he's gotten some happiness elsewhere.

I don't think that's sad because he didn't abandon him. Alfred had already chosen to leave Bruce. Furthermore earlier in the movie Alfred flat out told Bruce he never wanted him to come back to Gotham in the first place, and had hoped/imagined he had found happiness abroad instead. Without him.

"You wouldn't say anything to me. Nor me to you. But we both know that you'd made it. That you were happy". He basically had already given Bruce his blessing to go and move on and find a happy life without him. This is what Alfred wanted. It was really nice that Bruce made sure he was there at the cafe Alfred told him about to make sure he knew he was ok. He made it. Happy ending for both.

Last edited:
I don't think that's sad because he didn't abandon him. Alfred had already chosen to leave Bruce. Furthermore earlier in the movie Alfred flat out told Bruce he never wanted him to come back to Gotham in the first place, and had hoped/imagined he had found happiness abroad instead. Without him.

"You wouldn't say anything to me. Nor me to you. But we both know that you'd made it. That you were happy". He basically had already given Bruce his blessing to go and move on and find a happy life without him. This is what Alfred wanted. It was really nice that Bruce made sure he was there at the cafe Alfred told him about to make sure he knew he was ok. He made it. Happy ending for both.

No need to quote it when I already acknowledged Alfred's words. But to elaborate, to me it comes across as Alfred thinking that he had failed Bruce because he wasn't happy and hoped that he would find happiness elsewhere. He's a selfless and goodhearted man and would likely put the blame on himself as he raised Bruce. From Bruce's perspective it would rather have been a nice touch for him to think deeper than just the words and to say that his happiness would include the man that had spent his life caring for him. Now it feels like Alfred would be happy for Bruce but would still blame himself for what was before. That's why I feel that the ending has a bittersweetness to it.

I wasn't quoting Alfred's words for your benefit. I was quoting them for my own to emphasize why I think it worked with no sadness attached on Alfred's end. Its what he clearly wanted. The look of happiness on his face at the end when he sees Bruce with Selina reaffirmed it. So I can't see any reason to believe he would be thinking he failed Bruce, because he finally saw Bruce in a place he had always wanted him to be in.

It was also a nice unspoken moment of peace and forgiveness between them after their fall out over Rachel's letter. None of that mattered now. Bruce was happy, and he wanted to show Alfred in the way Alfred had always dreamed of finding it out. I think that's the bitter sweetness of it. The ending just gives all the vibes of a comfortable happy closure for both characters. I can't ever imagine Alfred feeling like he failed Bruce, especially since he has no reason to.

If you see a sadness or guilt in Alfred at the end then ok. I guess its a subjective thing, but I can't see signs of it anywhere.

Last edited:
I wasn't quoting Alfred's words for your benefit. I was quoting them for my own to emphasize why I think it worked with no sadness attached on Alfred's end. Its what he clearly wanted. The look of happiness on his face at the end when he sees Bruce with Selina reaffirmed it. So I can't see any reason to believe he would be thinking he failed Bruce, because he finally saw Bruce in a place he had always wanted him to be in.

It was also a nice unspoken moment of peace and forgiveness between them after their fall out over Rachel's letter. None of that mattered now. Bruce was happy, and he wanted to show Alfred in the way Alfred had always dreamed of finding it out. I think that's the bitter sweetness of it. The ending just gives all the vibes of a comfortable happy closure for both characters. I can't ever imagine Alfred feeling like he failed Bruce, especially since he has no reason to.

If you see a sadness or guilt in Alfred at the end then ok. I guess its a subjective thing, but I can't see signs of it anywhere.

That's fine, it's up to interpretation. I don't see any reason for him to think that Bruce had to find happiness elsewhere, and not have any more contact with him, unless he thinks that he's failed Bruce in that regard. It's pretty likely that the intent was to just think of it as you do, but I just think that requires you to only look at the surface of the character.

Last edited:
It was about moving on. Cutting ties entirely to a life that overall brought him sadness, anger and pain. He had to turn a whole new page if he wanted a chance of happiness and Alfred's fantasy that came true in the end symbolised exactly that. It didn't matter whether he was part of Bruce's life as long as he knew that he was finally happy and that he got away from it all. After all, the whole situation in Gotham, the way their relationship developed and the events of the film in the end, they all pushed towards that direction. It's not like everthing happened a fine random day where thay both woke up deciding to completely cut ties and not speak to each other again. I think the movie conveys that message in a very believable way for a Hollywood movie.

But it is indeed open to interpretation. I don't necessarily see the penultimate shot as never ever speaking to Alfred again, the same way that I don't think Bruce married Selina and they lived happily ever after. It was a new chapter in a new life in which no one had any idea how it was going to turn out. All that mattered was that things were going to be different.

It was about moving on. Cutting ties entirely to a life that overall brought him sadness, anger and pain. He had to turn a whole new page if he wanted a chance of happiness and Alfred's fantasy that came true in the end symbolised exactly that. It didn't matter whether he was part of Bruce's life as long as he knew that he was finally happy and that he got away from it all. After all, the whole situation in Gotham, the way their relationship developed and the events of the film in the end, they all pushed towards that direction. It's not like everthing happened a fine random day where thay both woke up deciding to completely cut ties and not speak to each other again. I think the movie conveys that message in a very believable way for a Hollywood movie.

But it is indeed open to interpretation. I don't necessarily see the penultimate shot as never ever speaking to Alfred again, the same way that I don't think Bruce married Selina and they lived happily ever after. It was a new chapter in a new life in which no one had any idea how it was going to turn out. All that mattered was that things were going to be different.

really well stated. Despite my issues with the film the ending was beautiful and ties so crisply back to Bale’s dialog on the flight in Begins when he says wants it to be a symbol

1. Batman
2. Iron Man
3. Cap
4. Logan

All of them were executed well but i liked how Bruce got an happy ending and Iron Man got his deserved pay off.

I am a fan of happy ending...so I choose Cap.

After all the hardship, I am really happy for him to have that closure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"