DC Films Which Character Should Be The DCU Flash? - Wally or Barry?

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
The Flash will inevitably be rebooted again in the DCU and when that comes I wonder which secret identity should take on the mantle in the new DCU? Wally or do you want to try Barry Allen again?

I’d say Wally. Maybe kill Barry in the first act, and it’s a legacy hero story that culminates inside the Speed Force where (guess who) Barry arrives to help Wally save the day.

Then, a sequel has Wally searching for Barry.

I always think of Barry Allen as the 'real' Flash, same as I think of Hal Jordan as the 'real' Green Lantern, just because that's who they were when I first got into DC as a child. But I think having Wally be the Flash would help in making a clean break from Ezra Miller's version.

Wally. We had enough of Barry by now in live action.

I always think of Barry Allen as the 'real' Flash, same as I think of Hal Jordan as the 'real' Green Lantern, just because that's who they were when I first got into DC as a child.
It’s funny. I used to be this way as well. And I think that’s why I never liked the Flash as a character until I read the runs with Wally as Flash.
Most of the time, Barry (and Hal for that matter) are written as complete tools. i guess they have their fans, but generally speaking, I find that they are more arrogant, more reckless, and more unlikable than some of their successors.

Wally, on the other hand, is generally written to be a humble family man who is more grounded, more sincere, and a genuinely lovable character. Plus, he is faster and more competent than Barry. He is the superior Flash and the superior character from an earnestness standpoint.

So yeah, I’m team Wally 150%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"