Which characters do you think should show up

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Since it is the 90s or it will be in this film which characters should show up in Carol's origin film?

Since we know Fury will be in this then we know SHIELD will have a great influence within this film so Agent Coulson in showing up makes the most sense

How about Yondu

Or how about Peggy Carter? Or Hank Pym? Or how about Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier?

Or how about Ronan The Accuser well because of the Kree/Skrull connection

Or how about Korath

I would put in the movie every character who was already around in the 90s.

I'd also make it so that every time one of them appeared on screen for the first time, someone would announce their name out loud ("Oh gee! It's NICK FURY!"), and immediately after the audio of an audience clapping and cheering would play.

Peggy would have retired by then maybe? Or she might even be showing signs of early onset Alzheimer's. Banner might be fun. Basically young and impulsive banner before the accident

Yondu, Ronan and Korath make the most sense given Ronan's connection to the Kree but also Korath is connected to Ronan too and by extension Carol so why not bring back Djimon Hounsou as Korath? Why not bring back Lee Pace as Ronan? Why not bring back Rooker as Yondu

Roman would be cool. Although I hope that's not confusing? I remember people didn't like rogue one because they thought it was a sequel to the force awakens

Yondu, Ronan and Korath make the most sense given Ronan's connection to the Kree but also Korath is connected to Ronan too and by extension Carol so why not bring back Djimon Hounsou as Korath? Why not bring back Lee Pace as Ronan? Why not bring back Rooker as Yondu

That might be nothing than Fan-Service. The normal MCU viewer won't remember them (maybe Yondu). They're not like Nick Fury.

*could* Would it really be 'early onset' at that point? Sure, she was aging well, but by 1991 she'd be in her seventies, minimum.

Still would like Jessica Drew to show up but that I'm fairly certain, is a pipe dream.

I wonder if we could see a younger Starhawk and the Ravagers if the movie is set partially in the past.

I think it would be cool to see a Yondu who just left the main Ravagers.

That might be nothing than Fan-Service. The normal MCU viewer won't remember them (maybe Yondu). They're not like Nick Fury.

I don't see the problem as long as it doesn't derail the movie or a scene. There are always easter eggs for the fans. Though they could do more and actually give Ronan more depth if it were a sizeable or important role. Something that would be hard to do otherwise.

Well since we've got confirmation that Nick Fury will be here, I'm not counting him. So lets see here:

-Peggy Carter of course.
-Phil Coulson (that might be a pipe dream, but I'd like to see it nonetheless).
-Jessica Drew (she doesn't even have to be Spider-Woman for this film. She can start out as Carol's best friend perhaps).
-Phyla-veil.
-Dr. Karla Sofen (as an amoral psychologist, and then tease her becoming Moonstone in the sequel).

Howard Stark if this is pre-1991 accident. Could be she's test piloting one of his planes.

If/When they transition to space Yondu or Ronan could be interesting along with maybe Nova Prime.

Peggy might work again depending on how early in the 1990s

Any chance of Ronan showing up? I hope so,while I love Guardians, he felt wasted there.

Ronan might be a good mid movie villain for her to train her new powers on.

I mean dying to see this scene happen

But which real life celebrities would do a cameo? Remember they have to be '90s celebrities and prominent people.

It would definitely be not right to have Nelson Mandela as a skrull

But which real life celebrities would do a cameo? Remember they have to be '90s celebrities and prominent people.

James Van Der Beek, Katie Holmes, Jennifer Aniston, the cast of Friends, the Spice Girls, Oasis etc.

You're really enjoying this aren't you dark raven? :)

It's so great to see people embracing the '90s

It just makes sense to me that Ronan would show up given what we saw in GOTG. Even if only for a cameo.

I am also hoping we see Genis and Phylla Vel as kids.

It just makes sense to me that Ronan would show up given what we saw in GOTG. Even if only for a cameo.

I am also hoping we see Genis and Phylla Vel as kids.

Speaking of Ronan, how about:

51FGGACAEYL._SY445_.jpg

He's another 90s celeb. If he shows up with his band, Carol can tell him it's her movie, and this ain't no boyzone. :o

After seeing Black Panther I see a high possibility, that Everet Ross will show up - he used to be an US Airforce pilot.
He's in his 40/50ies - minus 20 years and he could be at the perfect age of an airforce-pilot.

Ross having a pilot background makes sense. That said... The sort of cameos I see being brought up... Wouldn't we have heard about any of the proposed characters by now? Serious question. I mean, they let us know about Fury way back.

After seeing Black Panther I see a high possibility, that Everet Ross will show up - he used to be an US Airforce pilot.
He's in his 40/50ies - minus 20 years and he could be at the perfect age of an airforce-pilot.

Martin Freeman was born in 1971. If Ross is the same age, he'd have been 19 in 1990. He'd fit right in no matter which year of the '90s Captain Marvel is set in. They'd probably cast a younger actor in the role though.

Genis-Vel's story in Captain Marvel Vol. 2 has some flashes of brilliance. For a throw-away 6 issue series (multiple different stories) they certainly had a lot to say about religion in issues 5 and 6.

I just remember him from vol.3 back when on newstands (apparently after the 1999 Avengers Forever series I haven't read) where as a son/clone of Mar-Vel gains latent "cosmic awareness" due to fact his father had back in Mar-vell vol.1 #29. Of course, to signify power increase Marvel had to give him short hair with that star speckled suit utilizing the back/forth shazam gimmick where switched with Rick Jones as well (something the Mar-Vell Vol.1 series utilized time to time as many here know).

I only have had a very surface understanding of the character but after reading Secret Defenders 14 and some parts of Volume 2 this past weekend (issues set well before the Avengers Forever Series), I think this character has some potential. I like the name "Legacy" he initially went by as really befitting his role as trying to succeed the father Elysius cloned him after.

He's essentially a young kid with implanted memories made to be an adult all too soon. He almost seems like an actor at times trying to be as epic as possible while switching mood or states of mind on a drop of a dime (like a kid would or a computer animated character on a dreamworks movie). He also can be easily duped or fooled trying to do the right thing and can easily hang-out with the wrong individual but always seems to find his own way through a moral compass that's there yet being defined nonetheless as quantum jumps all over the universe.

I don't think he's appropriate for a Carol Danver's movie though. Perhaps a computer animated version like Into the Spiderverse could be made starring different characters.

Last edited:
May from Agents of SHIELD should definitely be in this film. It's the right time frame for her to be working alongside Coulson.

Speaking of Ronan, how about:

51FGGACAEYL._SY445_.jpg

He's another 90s celeb. If he shows up with his band, Carol can tell him it's her movie, and this ain't no boyzone. :o

God imagine how creepy it would be if there was a skrull version of Hanson

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"