which comic book charcter would you love to see on tv

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by house of f, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Loosely based, the supporting cast and everything involved is pretty much straight from the comics. Only difference is hes not running around in a costume, I think we all remember the old Superboy show.:(

2. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

It's got the whole "super heroics as a teen" thing. Which, I think, isn't how they should have done it. It would have been MUCH more interesting had it been more character driven and less actiony.

3. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Its a show for teens, they need big explosions and flashy lights to keep them entertained. Ooooo pretty colors.:eek:

4. roach I am the night

I think if they did all the angst that Peter had during his first years as Spiderman it would be an awesome show

5. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Spider-Man! *cues simple plan music* On todays very emo episode of Spider-Man, Peter must choose between hot red head and hot blonde.

MJ and Gwen: Choose already!

Peter: Oy!

*laugh track*

6. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

And I think they could have tried to be something much moe than that.

7. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

It wouldve failed.

8. Batman Dramatic Example

I'd personally like to see a live action Daredevil series. Even an animated series... He hasn't got his own as of yet. Just guest shots on others like Spider-Man: TAS and FF: TAS.

Make the first season deal with his early days as Daredevil, still learning the ropes of being a vigilante lawyer, aswell as providing flashbacks to his earlier years with stick and learning how to master his senses.

Season two would deal with his catholic background, a little, and some of it would actually deal with Matt trying to figure out if his mother is still alive or not, aswell as battling supervillians for the first time. Maybe even the Kingpin, towards the end of the season.

Season three, I feel, would be the best time to introduce Elektra and delve into Matt's past relationship with her, aswell as where each of them stand since time has passed. The season would also introduce Bullseye, leading for Elektra's death as a season finale for either season three, or season four.

Other heroes could be mentioned, even guest star. Spider-Man would be seen frequently on Daily Bugle tabloids, and Peter Parker would even make a cameo appearance taking pictures outside of one of Matt's big high profile criminal cases. Thor could be mentioned a few times. Even The Avengers could have a passing cameo or two. But the show would mostly focus on Matt and his troubles dealing with his past and present, aswell as his quest to keep Hell's Kitchen free of crime as Daredevil.

And also, with Spider-Man, maybe they could build up a crossover episode, to try Spider-Man out in live action, just to see if it would work. If it'd be recieved well, Spider-Man could get his own live action series, akin to what WB tried with Flash and Smallville, and what they're doing with Aquaman.

9. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Not necessairily. It may have simply found a new audience.

10. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

It wouldve failed. You tell someone that its a show about young Superman/Clark kent, they want to see action. Not him dealing with feelings and such.

11. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Then, don't advertise it as a show about a young Superman. Advertise it as a comedy/drama typse show, and have the veiwer only realize partyway through that it's about Superman. And hell, some people would be turned off by the lack of explosions. But others wouldn't. It wouldn't have necessairily failed.

12. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Youre kidding right? Not advertise it as a Superman show? Thats ludicrous and horrible business sense.

13. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Maybe. Maybe not. If you're so sure it would have failed if they advertised it as a Superman show, then it would have been a good idea, right? Really, I don't see why you'd assume it would fail. It may simply have drawn in a more intelectual audience.

14. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Its the WB, the only intellectual show on there is Gilmore Girls. The audience for that network and the type of programming adheres to pre teens and teens who have the hots for Chad Michael Murray. You try to sell them an intellectual show about Superman where he uses his powers almost never, its pretty much just The OC in a small farm town. It loses what makes it special.

15. roach I am the night

if a superhero tv show is gonna work it'll have to be on SCi Fi or Spike

16. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Ehh Spike. I dont know, I guess we'll have to see how Blade does.

17. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

No, it doesn't. It gains something special. In the comics, Clark almost never engaged in anything even remotely resembling super heroics as a kid. In the show, they have it every damn week. It's not the journy of Clark becoming Superman. It's Superman without the costume. They could have actually tried to make it something more. Make it more character driven, rarely having any super heroics in the first few seasons, having him grow into the man who would become Superman. Not having witches and Pa Kent running for Senate and Lois living with them and fighting teenage supervillains every week. That, like I said, is just Superman without the costume. Now, as I said, I enjoyed the firest few seasons. But they could have tried to make the show into something so much more special. About how a kid grew into the world's greatest hero. About how his life was. More character driven. And, it wouldn't necessairily have failed.

18. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Its odd, since the last two seasons have seen a big ratings hike. So, they msust be doing something right. And I dont necessarily think youre wrong, I agree for the most part, its just that in the tv world I dont believe it would work.

19. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Yes, they're getting good ratings. Because they're targeting the intelectually void teenage girls/action nuts. The show, as I would have done it, would have targeted a slightly different audience. Or, at least, would have eventually drawn in a different audience.

20. ampersand Registered

I have to agree with darthphere on this. As much as what you are talking about would make a better show than the crapfest that is Smallville, it would definatley have failed. You just can't have a show about young Superman that doesn't involve him using his powers to beat up bad guys. Reguardless of the comic history.

21. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

A different, much smaller audience.

22. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

:eek:

23. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Maybe. There are more people who like intelectual programing that it seems, you know.

Well, you can. Because young Superman didn't beat up bad guys. In fact, he didn't use his powers much at all besides lifting heavy objects around the farm. It would be different, and not everyone would dig it. But then, you can never please everyone.

24. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

But when youre making a show with advertisers, you have to please as many people as possible.

25. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Yeah. But you're not going to please everyone. It's impossible. And if you try, the show's just going to suck.