Which comic book hero will reign supreme next year?

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by YoungPrime, Sep 3, 2012.

?

Which Hero will likely come in 1st place?

1. IronmanIII 1st, Superman 2nd, Thor2 3rd and Wolverine 4th.

2. IronmanIII 1st, Superman 2nd, The Wolverine 3rd and Thor2 4th.

3. Superman 1st, Ironman III 2nd, Thor2 3rd and Wolverine 4th.

4. IronmanIII 1st, Thor2 2nd, Superman 3rd and Wolverine 4th.

5. Superman 1st, Wolverine 2nd, IronmanIII 3rd and Thor 2 4th.

6. Wolverine 1st, Ironman 2nd, Superman 3rd and Thor 2 4th

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Yep and it looks like we're gonna get Surtur in Thor III, Marvel Studios sure knows what we want to see. :woot:

2. ThePowerCosmic

Definitely! I hope Amora and Skurge are in Thor III too. I really wanted to see them in Thor II and was let down when they weren't announced as the villains, but now I'm excited to see Malekith and Kurse.

3. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Yeah if Amora, Skurge, and Sutur appear in Thor III I will be BEYOND pleased with Marvel Studios.

4. LegendAssemble

LegendAssemble Well-Known Member

Thats not with inflation and 3D though, anyway, with how much damage X3 and Origins did to the image of the franchize they need a total reboot to regain ground.

5. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Adjusting for inflation is pointless, because it boosts up the film's costs as well as it's earning.

Which in turn keeps the profit around the same more or less, so it doesn't really matter.

6. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

yup that poll is broken.

and did someone already comment on "raining supreme"

7. ThePowerCosmic

8. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

That poll is all kinds of wrong so I can't vote in it. But --

Iron Man 3 will easily win the box office race among superhero films next year, IMO, followed hotly by Thor: TDW. Hardcore fans go on about the supposed shortcomings of IM2, but the plain fact is that the general audience liked the film, and they love Tony Stark. Robert Downey Jr. headlines two massively successful franchises and costars in a third. He's the biggest star on the planet right now and IM3's earnings should reflect that.

MOS will come in behind Thor, hobbled by the memory of the inferior Superman Returns and the dark tone the trailer revealed. The Wolverine would have to be the best superhero film in the history of forever to get viewers to embrace it, so I expect that will limp into fourth place.

9. SnuffTheRooster

SnuffTheRooster Well-Known Member

Rofl. People actually doubt Iron Man 3 is going to be #1 at the BO over all the other superhero movies?

10. TheGuy

TheGuy Well-Known Member

No one's doubting that. Quality wise, it could go either way.

11. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Yeah that is pretty comical if I do say so myself. :hehe:

12. mjbull23

mjbull23 Beyond Good and Evil

Next Summer, it will be in descending order ranked by B.O. Take

• Iron Man III
    • Man of Steel
    • Thor 2

I realize I'm going out on a limb by predicting M.O.S. will outgross Thor 2, but I think the movie will take audiences by surprise and good word of mouth will give the movie strong legs through the end of July

13. khan85

khan85 New Member

My suggestion is Spider Man.I love this movie.This is one of favorite super hero movie from my childhood.I hope everyone have the same opinion about this movie.More over the Spider man narration is from the first part is really superb and most of the kids favorite also this only

14. ThePowerCosmic

I don't think that's what he meant.

15. T-CLIPSE

T-CLIPSE Well-Known Member

I think Iron Man 3 wins. Man Of Steel I think is going to surprise a lot of people and be a very close second. Most of you seem to think Superman Returns has left such a horrible taste in peoples mouth that it will scare them away, but I think it will have the opposite effect and people will be chomping at the bit to see the character done right it will draw them in.

Plus the movie going public can be somewhat forgiving even after a previous poor offering. People by and large hated '03 Hulk but they still came to Incredible Hulk, people disliked MIB2 but they still came to MIB3, people despised X-men Last Stand but came to First Class, people disliked Spider-Man 3 but still came to Amazing Spider-Man, and I think people who were less than thrilled with Superman Returns will still come to MOS.

Thor will be 3rd and Wolverine last.

16. StarkTheProdigy

StarkTheProdigy Well-Known Member

Iron Man 3 for sure.
    I honestly think it could be a close call for second place between Thor 2 and Man of Steel, and The Wolverine is definitely last

17. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

I agree with this. I think the difference between MoS and T2 will be how well T2 holds up against Hunger Games Catching Fire, and reviews for both films.

18. DoomsdayApex

DoomsdayApex Well-Known Member

Iron Man 3 will be number one, no question. Why? Iron Man is Marvel Studios' biggest hero at the moment.

Man of Steel, in my opinion, will struggle somewhat. CBMs have not flourished in June, and MoS will be pitted against stiff competition. That said, MoS could be the top CBM of 2013 (quality-wise). This film is set to be far more massive in scale than IM3 and Thor if the rumors hold up. The Nolans also contributed to the script so I'm not worried about Snyder's and Goyer's direction with this.

19. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

^ More massive in scale than Thor 2, are you sure about that?

Have you not heard the news about Thor 2 taking place in all of the 9 realms?

20. DoomsdayApex

Thor featured three realms but it didn't feel massive in scale to me.

My guess is this'll come down to which film has the bigger action sequences and set-pieces, and MoS might have the edge on that. The 20-minute Kryptonian War alone might take the cake.

21. Mace Dolex

Mace Dolex Powerful User

Iron Man 3 will no doubt be first, as much as Superman hasn't had a good movie in years there is no way he'll come 3rd or 4th to Wolverine and especially Thor.

As crappy as Wolverine Origins was there are still people that think Wolvie is still the hot thing going right now.

22. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

Iron Man 3 - 800 mill
    Man of Steel - 500-600 mill
    Thor 2 - 500 mill
    The Wolverine - 300-400 mill

IM3 will obviously be the big one. With Avengers' halo-effect, 3D, and ticket price inflation it should hit somewhere around 800 mill. If MoS can't outgross Thor then DC is truly lost. I'm assuming Thor will get a similar boost as IM3. Finally, can't see Wolverine doing any more than the low-400 mill range.

Doesn't seem like it what with the Mandarin trying to destroy the US government and abolishing all of Tony's ****...not to mention Tony going through a life changing, body altering surgery. Then in Thor we have him realm hopping like crazy and building a giant army to fight the Dark Elves, which in itself might turn out to be fodder for Surtur and his army of fire demons to attack Earth; and of coures there's all the scheming, double crossing, and family drama that comes par for the course with Thor.

So if you really think about it, MoS isn't that much bigger in scale than these films, it's just a different story.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  23. DoomsdayApex

If Man of Steel doesn't make more than Thor 2, I doubt it spells trouble for any DCU plans. WB is still green-lighting the Justice League.

24. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

Well, Thor 2 has a new director, so I don't think we can use the first movie as an example for the sequel. Nobody knows how it will turn out, but I have faith that the new director (Alan Taylor I think) will do a great job, if his work on Game of Thrones is an indicator.

25. DoomsdayApex

Like I said, it'll come down to who has the bigger and badder action scenes and visuals. That, I believe, is where Snyder will truly shine.