• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Which Comic Book Movie in 2013 are you most looking forward too?

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
Well, we only have TDKR and Dredd left for comic book movies this year, and its been a decent year for the comic book movie so far, with only really Ghost Rider 2 dissapointing, so which CBM in 2013 are you most looking forward too?

Out of the films in the poll:

1. Man of Steel
2. The Wolverine
3. Sin City 2

Man of Steel... anybody know when the trailers going to hit?
Robocop... really want to see how thats gonna come out

Man of Steel for me. I'm not sure about...almost all of the elements involved, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed it delivers a very good experience.

Man of Steel... anybody know when the trailers going to hit?

Nothing is official, but most are expecting at least a teaser with TDKR.

I'm genuinly looking forward to them all, but, for me, Man Of Steel JUST edges out Thor 2 as my most anticipated. I have been a Superman fan ever since seeing and loving Superman Returns in 2006, I have read many of the comics since then and cant wait to see him back on the big screen. Kick-Ass 2 would be higher if Vaughn was directing but he isnt, Sin City I anticipate highly as well but its been a while since the first movie.

Add Nolan's involvement and Snyders directing (Sucker Punch is his only mis-step for me so far and I didnt even think it was that bad) and that makes excitement just go up and up.

I'm tentatively looking forward to Man of Steel. Are Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 actually slated for next year?

And there's a Judge Dredd movie coming out?

I'm tentatively looking forward to Man of Steel. Are Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 actually slated for next year?

Iron Man 3 is coming out in May 2013 and Thor 2 is November 2013, cant remember the exact dates but they are coming next year

And there's a Judge Dredd movie coming out?

Yep, September 21st.

Last edited:
Man of Steel. Most anticipated film of my life :funny:, let alone the year!

Man of Steel... I liked the old Superman movies but well, they are what they are...

I'm not really a fan of MS movies but Iron Man 3 is looking pretty intriguing, so I guess I should mention it too.

I actually really am looking forward to Sin City 2 as well, the first movie was good, but it lacked a bit of heart and emotion, I really hope RR addresses this for the sequel and gives us more background on Marv and Dwight.

I'm looking forwards to Wolverine most. I think IM3, T2, SC2 and MOS will struggle to find good stories, KA2 will have lost the freshness, no idea about frankenstein thing and G.I.Joe is just a bit dumb, like transformers with dolls.

Transformers is like transformers with dolls :huh:

And is Sin City 2 actually going to come out?

iron man 3 is
is'nt captain amerca 2 out next year

Man of Steel, easily.

The Wolverine is my second most anticipated.

Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 don't have my curiosity, so they don't have my attention.

I am excited for Iron Man 3 and Thor 2, but not as much as Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. I'm most curious about Man of Steel, so that could be my answer, but I'm going with Sin City, now that that is actually, finally happening.

I'd be really surprised if The Wolverine makes it for next July.

Last edited:
It's really hard to choose one out these.It'll probably be easier after I see some teasers.

Man Of Steel
Kick-Ass 2
Thor 2
Sin City 2
Iron Man 3

I'd say Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel are the ones I look forward too. Wolverine I'll see,but my expectations are low.

Definitely going to see IM3 and Thor 2, but without a doubt, I'm most looking forward to Man of Steel. I think 2013 belongs to Superman.

Definitely going to see IM3 and Thor 2, but without a doubt, I'm most looking forward to Man of Steel. I think 2013 belongs to Superman.

I agree. From everything we've seen and heard, Superman is going to bring it. MoS has everything going for it (stellar cast, Snyder visuals & action choreography, Goyer and Nolan story, Hans Zimmer, etc). It's possibly the most well-rounded CBM of 2013.

The Wolverine probably had the same level of potential when Darren Aronofsky was involved with the project but his departure dropped the project down a few notches. :csad: That said, Wolverine in Japan training with the Samurai sounds intriguing as hell.

IM 3, followed by MOS and Thor 2 equally. The rest don't interest me. Like, at all. Just the concept art for IM 3 got me super-hyped for the movie. I'm curious about Thor 2 and want MOS to do well, but I'm not I'll-die-if-I-don't-see-them hyper for them. Unlike IM 3.

I just can't get it up for MOS because of Snyder. Dude is just so hit and miss. I don't know what he was thinking with Sucker Punch, and Watchmen, despite a number of Comic book readers swearing by it, just didnt translate to the mainstream audience. He tried to practically lift the novel onto the screen. Just wasn't a good idea. 300 was entertaining but nothing special.

The cast is good though, and Nolans involvement makes me feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"