Which DC villian would be the best stand alone film?

Deathstroke EVERY day of the week...

Lex almost demands Superman (who I wouldn't want as a supporting char), but Deathstorke? Perhaps some pesky Titans to slaughter and torture, the agony of what he's done to his kids coming back to haunt him... Deathstroke has plenty o material...

Why would Slade slaughter and torture the Titans? He was never out to kill them in the first place (although his employers were), and he's most certainly not a sadist.

The Question said:
Why would Slade slaughter and torture the Titans? He was never out to kill them in the first place (although his employers were), and he's most certainly not a sadist.

Hmm... perhaps I overstated my thought... what I MEANT to say was mercilessly defeat the Titans as a part of a contract or a larger scheme, not unlike his Villains united madness...

Slade sucks in Villains United. It's following the new tradition started by Geoff Johns to completely butcher his characterization. Johns turned him from an honorable masterless samurai type to a nutjob who would shove a live grenade down a baby's throat if you paid him five bucks.

I would say Lex Luthor! or Joker.

GL1 said:
Deathstroke EVERY day of the week...

Lex almost demands Superman (who I wouldn't want as a supporting char), but Deathstorke? Perhaps some pesky Titans to slaughter and torture, the agony of what he's done to his kids coming back to haunt him... Deathstroke has plenty o material...
I have been saying that for about a year.:up:

The Joker in a movie of The Killing Joke.

yeah, Joker would make the best standalone villain film. he's recognizable enough to carry his own film.

um for me i know this is going to sound lame and corny but i got to go with you guessed it Mr Freeze it would be interesting you know victor fries who tries to save his wife from a deadly deaseas and freezes her only to end up turning into mr freeze

Lex Luthor
The Joker
Two-Face
Mr. Freeze
Catwoman ( Selina Kyle not Halle Berry CINO)

I would have to say Joker. Lex Luthor Maybe. The other ones would either do poor business or flop.

Lex Luthor
Darkseid
Bane
The Joker
Ra's Al Ghul

I feel these villians could carry their own film. Ra's Al Ghul would be an interesting story simply because of age and the lazarus pit. The Joker could definitely work if they go in the direction of the Killing Joke. Lex Luthor could definitely hold his own film. I actually choose Bane because he is definitely an interesting character. The film should focus on more of his backgroud. It could work if it is done right but it could also be too much of a liability.

Ra's or Lex would make for the most intresting movie IMO, however the Joker would make for the biggest hit - especially if it is done TKJ style.

Deathstroke. The synopsis here would be awesome:
Ben Breeck said:
Deathstroke might. Imagine if the government had tried to create Captain America during the Vietnam War... only they somewhat botched it, and then discarded him after the war was over like a used tissue, to try to make his way in the world as a mercenary and professional hitman. Even his wife tried to kill him.
Deadshot. Base it on his original miniseries, then use "Urban Renewal" as a sequel.

The Suicide Squad. Have it be a spinoff of Deadshot's movies (or vice versa).

Darkseid and the New Gods = Star Wars on steroids.

My vote would go to Mr. Freeze. My take on it would be less actiony and more story based. I'd have most of the story revolve around his relationship with Nora and him trying to find a cure for her. I like the TAS take on his story. Maybe a condensed version of it, where his boss closes the project to save Nora's life and Victor becomes Mr. Freeze. He almost gets revenge, but Batman would make a cameo and stop him. In the end I'd have WayneCorp find a cure for Nora and her remarrying, thinking Victor dead. Quite tragic

TheFalcon said:
To make a movie like that I think you somehow should be made to root for the guy. I don't see that happening with Joker or Darkseid.

Lex Luthor on the other hand could fit the bill if they made it kinda like the Man of Steel mini. He's the smartest and richest man on earth and he wants the human race to achieve things by themselves and not always be rescued and get help from some alien with superpowers who could take over the world whenever he wanted.

He's not really that evil when you see it that way and it's easy to understand his position. He does tend to go for crazy plans involving killing alot of people most of the time, but still he has a point.

I kind of agree. I think Luthor would be the best villian for a film, but I would take a more GoodFellas/Sopranos take to it. Make it a story about a criminal working h is way up to be the boss of a huge criminal empire. He is after all, "The greatest criminal mind of our time!"

Clearly it has to be GOG from superman!!! The film would start with him idolising Superman etc, then getting neglected and gaining his pwer, then we get to see him hunt down supermen from across dimensions, so we get kick ass fights and finally we see superman get beaten and killed!!! What more do you want from a film!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"