Which full trailer is better Batman Begins or Superman Returns?

TRUE

Sidekick
Reaction score
I say Batman Begins, it had that magic touch to it, that Superman Returns lacked imo.

Batman Begins. Partly because I'm a Batman fan, but also the Superman trailer didn't clear up all my doubts about the movie.

Definately BB

Superman Returns was definately lacking. As soon as it starts, you know what you are seeing, unlike Batman, which has its own curveball in the middle and no one expected to see the Bat cowl.

It seems to me the Superman Returns needs some nips and tucks on the digital work(not a lot of work), and also, Lex Luthor seems as menacing as a frat boy. He is so Sunday morning funny pages. I would rather see something from the cartoon series, or maybe Superman returns and finds LEx running for Prez.

While I liked them both a lot (pumped up as hell for SR now!) Batman Begins was the better trailer. It was just.... perfection. I like how someone who didn't know much about Batman wouldn't even know it was a Batman movie until halfway in. One thing that would've made it better was if they gave no indication it was a Batman movie (no shots of the cowl or calling him "Mr. Wayne) until Crane says "He's here!" "who?" "the Batmaaaaaaan!"

I also liked the teaser, where you really wouldn't know it was a Batman movie until the final flash at the end. It's the one with the voice over "They said there was nothing out there, nothing to fear, but the night my parents died I caught a glimpse of something..."

Katsuro said:
While I liked them both a lot (pumped up as hell for SR now!) Batman Begins was the better trailer. It was just.... perfection. I like how someone who didn't know much about Batman wouldn't even know it was a Batman movie until halfway in. One thing that would've made it better was if they gave no indication it was a Batman movie (no shots of the cowl or calling him "Mr. Wayne) until Crane says "He's here!" "who?" "the Batmaaaaaaan!"

I also liked the teaser, where you really wouldn't know it was a Batman movie until the final flash at the end. It's the one with the voice over "They said there was nothing out there, nothing to fear, but the night my parents died I caught a glimpse of something..."

I hated that first teaser for Batman Begins! What cheapness, flashing that weak ass promo photo instead of actual footage of Bale in costume. But I do agree with you on the full trailer. Even I had to admit it was impressive.

I think in the case of Superman Returns, it's just that, in the context of the film, Superman is already established, so they probably don't feel the need to draw out the reveal of the character. Mind you, there isn't THAT MUCH footage of Superman shown anyway. Not quality footage, in my opinion. I'm still undecided on Spacey's Luthor, but then again, I love him as an actor, and under Singer's direction, he should deliver. I do know that I hate Lois' kid with a fiery vengeance.

I think the Batman Begins trailer was better, but at that point I had already reads the script so I knew where most of the clips fit in the movie. But I think it was better because the new Superman one lacks abit of the structure that the Begins one had. It's just a bunch of clips without much connection and they don't really build towards the end of the trailer. The teaser had a much better structure thanks to the Brando speach which tied the clips together.

My thing is though with BB it showed you pretty much of the movie well the good Batman parts (anyways) and you pretty much saw the whole movie story wise with the Trailer. SR you dont see all of that. You dont really know what Lex is up to or even see the Globe from the planet falling you don't see any of that so really it leaves you more of wondering what will the movie be about. I voted both were good but I mean I like trailers like that more then ones that give everything away like the Spider-Man ones do.

Superman's Teaser was better than the full.

Both looked good but not great.

The Spider-Man 2 trailer, now that was great.

Both were good it shows the story so over all were good

I think Superman returns was better than Begins, simply because i felt that it showed just enough to get you pumped, but not enough to give away the movie, while i felt in the Begins trailer, i knew the whole storyline almost.

I SEE SPIDEY said:
Batman Begins.

Superman Returns trailer was lame.
+

I think your right No contest Batman Begins was the better trailer.

The question is was the SR Full Trailer Better than the teaser?

my andswer is no

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"