• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Which heroes deserve a solo film?

I truly do want to see a Widowmaker movie with Nat, Clint and Bucky. Some origin stuff mixed in with some resolution type stuff for Black Widow. A romance with Bucky would be cool.

I think it'd be cool to see Scarlet Witch in the next Doctor Strange movie OR in the Inhumans series, perhaps seeking to resurrect Quicksilver. If the two of them were back in action I'd totally pay to see a movie about the two of them working together at full power with The Vision to take down an otherworldly threat. "The Maximoffs" isnt a great movie title though. And i can't really think of any noteworthy solo stories they had.

Nova of course. That'll happen eventually. I'm sure with some ties to the GotG.

HULK!!!! Gah. Why are audiences so non-receptive to our jolly green giant!? :(

Silver Surfer Norrin Radd

oh yes !

Imagine what we could do with the CGI graphic effects of the power cosmic, the Surfer's appearance, the space-surfing riding and evasive maneuvers...

developing characters from Galactus, Thanos, Terrax the Terrible, Adam Warlock, the Elders, the Living Tribunal, Michael Korvac, etc.....

I've long been craving a Silver Surfer movie and hope Disney/Marvel is taking notice.

Right now? None.
Cause more excuse to spit out "superhero fatigue".
And the characters I care about are already getting on screen treatment.

Of the existing heroes, the only character who hasn't gotten at least one solo film that I think could have one is Black Widow.

Silver Surfer Norrin Radd
I could do with him appearing in a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, or TV show much like The Inhumans.
With all the other characters spinning off from the :ff: getting their on screen treatments, it sucks that the first family isn't having one.

I'm not sure how anyone would "deserve" a solo. Implies they did something to "earn" it.

None of them. Certainly none of the characters suggested here, frankly.

Last edited:
'Agents of Nothing' with Black Widow and Nick Fury, partly based on the comic storyline 'Nick Fury: Agent of Nothing'. The film could be set between the events of 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Season One' and 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'. Fury and Widow could work together to take down HYDRA and maybe we could even see Fury in a fight with Wolfgang von Strucker. That would also be a good opportunity to show some AoS characters on the big screen, maybe Daniel Whitehall and other HYDRA leaders. The film could end with Widow rejoining the newly reformed Avengers.

I'm not sure how anyone would "deserve" a solo. Implies they did something to "earn" it.

None of them. Certainly none of the characters suggested here, frankly.

I disagree. ScarJo's Black Widow has certainly earned a solo film.

To a (far) lesser extent Ruffalo's Hulk and (i'm hoping eventually) Bettany's Vision and the Maximoff's have definitely made strides to earning solo films.

Black Widow, Vision, Scarlet Witch...these are side salad characters. I don't think they need their own movies. They clearly work best as part of an ensemble and just because their function works as support characters it doesn't equate them to being eligible for solo films. That would be a huge waste.

People have been watching James Bond films for decades - that alone should be reasonable assurance that a Black Widow spy thriller film can work. Natasha Romanoff is a more complex character too.

Just because her film won't be full of explosions or colourful shiny things doesn't mean she doesn't warrant a film.

Hey, one man's side is another man's entre. In fact, once you have 10+ dishes, several with side salads, you're kind of a poor eatery if you don't have at least one salad entre.

The thing about ensembles is that they often center on a few characters. I personally would love an ensemble that centered on Black Widow or Hulk. Even though they work best in ensembles, the same, imho, is true of Captain America, but I much prefer the ensembles centered on him: Winter Soldier and Civil War to the ensembles centered on another character with him as a side: Avengers, Age of Ultron.

All of them. There's not a single hero yet introduced where I wouldn't go to see their solo movie. Volstagg the Voluminous, the Movie? Sure, why not!

I honestly want a Nova movie and I've wanted a Nova movie for a long time. But I'm concerned they wouldn't do Nova because of Guardians of the Galaxy. Also, I'd want Richard Ryder instead of Sam Alexander.

Nobody wants a Son of Satan film? C'mon, Netflix! :D

I guess She-Hulk is tied down the same way Hulk is? I think she'd be a good screen Avenger. Muscle, looks, green skin. Captain Kirk would approve.

How about Ka-Zar? I know, it'll never happen. Sword & sandal films don't seem to do business nowadays (unless you throw in a bunch of hobbits).

But how about an X-Men film set IN the Savage Land? Then we have Ka-Zar, Shanna the She-Devil, and dinos and sentient pterosaurs, and girls wearing this:

Rogue-Savage-Land-women-of-the-x-12264059-362-551.jpg

There might even be vibranium down there. ;)

https://marvel.com/universe/Savage_Land

Films

One and done
Black Knight
Wonder Man

Franchises
Black Widow
War Machine
Sequels for Hulk and Iron Man

TV Shows

Netflix
Elektra
Moon Knight
Shang Chi
Blade
Ghost Rider

ABC
She-Hulk
Thunderbolts

Freeform or Hulu
Avengers Academy

Disney Channel
Power Pack

I recently reading a Superior Spider-Man book and i like it a lot!

I know Spidey in Superior is not Peter Parker but i really like the idea of more brute more violence Doc Okt Spidey...so i want it to be adapted into live action some day...��

Hulk deserves another solo film, especially in a post-Avengers MCU.

I also want the following solo films:

Black Widow (with Hawkeye and Nick Fury as supporting characters)
Scarlet Witch (with Vision as her supporting character, maybe House of M film)
Venom (after being established in a Spider-Man film, with Carnage as the villain)
Spider-Man 2099
Spider-Woman
Ghost Rider
Nick Fury: Agent of Shield
Silver Surfer (assuming Marvel gets the rights back)

I disagree. ScarJo's Black Widow has certainly earned a solo film.

Well I'd love to hear how she's 'earned' it.

People have been watching James Bond films for decades - that alone should be reasonable assurance that a Black Widow spy thriller film can work. Natasha Romanoff is a more complex character too.

James Bond is an institution. Black Widow is not.

James Bond is an institution. Black Widow is not.

Marvel is an institution that's arguably more relevant than James Bond right now.
I also don't buy the argument that a character has to be an "institution" before audiences decide it's worth their time.

You could make a good film out of Black Widow with the right people behind it. I like to keep an open mind.

You could make a good film out of Black Widow with the right people behind it. I like to keep an open mind.

I think fans need to wrap their heads around the fact that a BW movie won't be a wisecracking, good-versus-evil, superpowered romp that other Marvel movies have been. It should be grounded, sombre, heavier on dialogue, and morally ambiguous - characteristics that aren't necessarily billion-dollar summer blockbuster territory but can still make a very good movie.

Marvel is an institution that's arguably more relevant than James Bond right now.
I also don't buy the argument that a character has to be an "institution" before audiences decide it's worth their time.

They don't, but just because James Bond has a longstanding franchise doesn't mean necessarily that Black Widow is a sure thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"