Which is the better Black Panther costume?

Chesterfield

Sidekick
Reaction score
DCGTO2nUMAAD20s

Wow, they look totally different side-by-side.

The 2018 feels more even overall. The focus on markings on the torso in the 2016 one with none on the legs is kinda odd to me. Only thing I'd change about 2018 is removing the muscle mold.

2016 is better in every way. This is what happens when you try to fix what ain't broken, cuz the CW was just perfection. Still, the 2018 version still looks interesting and maybe some of the changes will grow on me. I do like the texture and the necklace, and only the new mask actually bothers me.

Can I love both. If I have to choose, it would be BP 2018. I loved that they gave it a sleeker design and more definition in the stomach area.

Have we seen the new costume aside from the car CG scene at the end?

Have we seen the new costume aside from the car CG scene at the end?
the poster, and the scene near the end where t'challa is walking around without the mask

I'm not a fan of muscle molds, so the civil war costume which I instantly fell in love with molly whops the 2018 costume

2016 for me. The mask does it.

The CW costume looks made out of recycled car tires. New costume all the way for me, even though the old mask is better.

I like a few elements of the new suit (the longer tines on the gauntlets and shin guards, the boots, which look like they may have retractable claws) but overall I would have to say CW.

That helmet, specifically its eyeline, is just much more distinctive. The way the necklace is integrated is cleaner, like it's slightly recessed within the suit and not sitting on top of it like the new one. And the tribal pattern breaking up the torso really works for me.

Last edited:
2018 looks like his proto-suit.

I like the 2018 one better but they both look completely sick.

I expect the votes for the 2018 costume to skyrocket once we see T'Challa reveal his mask is digital like in the crappy Coates comic.

Civil War. One of the few things I didn't like about the trailer is the new mask.

I expect the votes for the 2018 costume to skyrocket once we see T'Challa reveal his mask is digital like in the crappy Coates comic.

I hope like bad place that feature is part of the new suit but the design of the old helmet will still be better.

I like both but the cw mask is a lot better the eyes on the new mask are way too big and takes away from the badass intimidating stare of the cw mask plus the cw mask has al those awesome tribal details. I have to see more of the new suit/ mask to make a final judgement though

Whichever one that has gold colors instead of silver. :sly:

I like them both, can't decide yet though. Feels like I've only seen a few seconds of the new mask, a few of them being early cgi.

Marvel continues to knock the costumes out of the park though. Interested to see how he evolves.

I just watched a video posted in the main thread where it's suggested that the CW suit might have been T'challa's father's and that the new one is T'challa's proper. It's an interesting idea.

That's a cool idea. I would like for them to follow on that.

I think the 2016 costume is better in general, but the new one seems friendlier or at least more human, which could be good given the movies' different approaches. In Civil War he's on a quest for vengeance and at least to me an antagonist, and in Black Panther he's meant to be the hero.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"