Which Marvel character deserves a video game?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
I've always wanted to play a mech style Iron Man game. Open world, ability to customise the suits :hmr:

Edit: damn I wish I had put the defenders on this. An Iron Fist game would rock

Good Iron Man game would be nice. Also a new Hulk game would be awesome too but they should put some effort this time.

I actually think a great game could be made starring Black Widow. She's worked with and fought against the best of the best. Her past and how that affects her actions now could be fun to explore. Hawkeye or Bucky could be a guest star. And all sorts of upgrades and new weapons can be acquired. Sniper mode, Hand to Hand, stealth, hacking, and grappling from building to building. Could be fun...

I voted for Captain America, Captain Marvel and the Runaways.
Specially the Runaways. A coop game with them should be so cool.

Let's kick off the ones that already had games that were fun and worked.

Punisher. He's had a few including the PS2/Xbox one that was gritty as ****. His games should be a no-brainer as long as you don't mind getting down and dirty.

Spider-man has his formula down pretty good by this point.

Hulk. We need more games for him like Ultimate Destruction. That game was the **** and I had a blast with it. Surfing on buses, car boxing gloves and the rest was amazing.

When I think of an Avengers game I can't help but think of the old Arcade style ones with the Albino Vision. Side scrolling beat-em ups like the X-Men one with Dazzler. The other way is Ultimate Alliance. I don't see it working any other way unless they surprise me.

As for the other characters -

I can see Hawkeye/Black Widow working in a Metal Gear style game. They both kick ass in a multitude of ways, have a large variety of skills and lend themselves to both long range and close fights.

I really can't see a Thor or a Captain America game working that well. The first is too powerful to fight anything except other gods/giants in Asgard. The second is basically Batman without the toys and would be seen as one due to all the Arkham games.

Black Panther could work as a global conspiracy game. He finds out about things dealing with Vibranium, it being stolen or whatever and he is out there dealing with both the politics and ass kicking parts of the story. It would be similar to Mass Effect for the politics with both the speech wheel and choices that follow you. You could play as a kind and generous king or a jerkass that wants his **** back and isn't above intimidating people.

I'm still irritated over the FF Silver Surfer game so I'm not going there. :p

X-Men would be fun since I love the team games. Legends/UA are great fun and even the Marvel/X-Men vs whoever ones are great as well. Destiny was mediocre but I'm sure most of us know the story behind that.

Seeing a bad guy game would be fun. Run things from Dr Dooms POV or the Green Goblin would be fun.

An open world video game focusing on a Marvel property would be great. Like for the X-Men, roam around the X-Mansion all you want, then go to Danger Room for practice and skill upgrades similar to Legends then travel through X-Jet when it comes to missions. Help mutants in the streets (alerted through Cerebro) with points for reward. It'd be like GTA but with mutants. You have the story missions and the side missions. Then there'd be a mission or places that only one character could access to.

Moon Knight
Give him a good mix of Assassin's Creed and Arkham game sstyles, and we're set.
I've always wanted to play a mech style Iron Man game. Open world, ability to customise the suits
Yes please

Thor and Iron Man. Lots of potential there.
Oh yes.

Good Iron Man game would be nice. Also a new Hulk game would be awesome too but they should put some effort this time.
Yes yes yes.

I can see Hawkeye/Black Widow working in a Metal Gear style game. They both kick ass in a multitude of ways, have a large variety of skills and lend themselves to both long range and close fights.
I like this idea.

I want a GREAT Iron Man game dammit!!

the SEGA Captain America game was good. Best of the bunch. They need to make more of those. But better.

SEGA's Thor GOW clone had potential.

A Planet Hulk Ultimate Destruction game in these new systems would be mind blowing. Imagine an open world game that takes place in Sakaar and the gladiator arenas.

I also want a Black Panther game

X-Men game would be great. Just ordered the Deadpool one as it has a few X-Men in

Hulk and Silver Surfer would be great.

Would love a 3rd person GOTG action game also.

Ok so the reason I'm bring this up are because of what was discussion hin this VOD pod of EPN.tv's vic;'s basement this week and he bought up some interesting thing for video game Where marvel and dc are involved

I shared this with my marvel heroes facebook buddies as well that me at the top explaining in written for

Kelechuckuw K.c. W shared a link.

23 hrs

Got a video podcast from the electric play ground video game preview & review site And some times comic book movies and show and they had this up on spider man homecoming and video game talk of their ip's in their vic's basement podcast. tonight

Spider-Man & Justice League Chat! - Vic's Basement - Electric Playground
Spider-Man: Homecoming and Justice League trailers have dropped in the last week and Victor Lucas wants to talk about them! Join us for the LIVE convo!

source:
EPN.tV Youtube channel

Last edited:
After the success of Spider-Man on the ps4 and the sneak peek at captain marvel this week I’m even more determined to see a captain marvel game especially with her and Starforce in the style of this

After playing LEGO Marvel 2, I think Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel are both deserving of their games, they are the characters I relied on the most.

After the Batman Arkham games and Spider-Man 2018, and to add the popularity of the characters appearing in the McU. There's really no reason why we haven't got a good game for Iron Man, Captain America and Thor for this generation of game consoles other Marvel Games can't find a developer to do it. Also, given that those three have an obscure rogues gallery, it would be nice to see those villains get more eXposure.

Would kill for a Daredevil or Captain Britain (given they are my favourite Marvel characters, along with Spider-Man).

The Punisher needs a comback in video games.

A Ghost Rider game would be something else, as would a Guardians game that wasn’t telltale.

Really though, Iron Man seems the most suited for me to a video game. There are endless upgrades you could buy/earn for the armour as you progress through the game.

He'll never get one but the only correct answer is Doctor Strange. Spells, sorcerers, monsters, alternate dimensions... it would be glorious.

i would like an X-Verse game something like a good cross between Legends and Marvel Heroes Omega

Doctor Strange, X-Men, Daredevil... A lot of these characters are suited for videogames. It is just finding a good developer. Like I look at games like Devil May Cry, Arkham, God of War, and the older Marvel games and I'm like why can't Marvel do these type of console games? It also doesn't need to feature every Marvel character. It is nice to see the new Spider-Man game getting good reviews but for me, its just gonna be another spiderman game that I would be playing, not really new as this isn't the first open world Spidey game, though the game is in a much grander level. Anyway, I would be playing Spider-Man 2018 in a few months after all the DLCs are out and once the price went low.

Doctor strange was so much fun in LEGO marvel superheroes 2

i would like an X-Verse game something like a good cross between Legends and Marvel Heroes Omega

Me too but I kind of feel like with video games it’s always the xmen and Spider-Man. I would love to give someone new a go

Yeah I agree. I’d like to see them at least use those franchises to spin off some others or feature some characters so they can get more recognition and excitement for potential games of their own. Or even some side missions featuring certain characters could be cool.

I really liked all the “extras” from legends, like finding the old comics and relics and I think there was a side mission to play as the original 5 vs the juggernaut. I liked the little nostalgia pieces like that.

An open universe GotG game would be cool. They can fly to different planets and do different deals or battles etc (I’m thinking a firefly vibe lol) some great cut scenes in the Milano would be fun. Different characters could highlight different missions and or you could pick you character. Imagine visiting Heimdall to use the bifrost. Or visiting Asgard to find Thor to help etc.

They didn't have Angel in the Juggernaut flashback mission. Also there were other two flashback missions. Anyway, I would be happy if we get a Ps4 pro X-Men game as good as the Arkham games and Spider-Man 2018. I'd like the option to fly Blackbird going to tge next objective, the psychics to use the Cerebro for specific missions and to read character bios, then the Danger Room for additional challenges and fighting game mode. Then you can have the mutants roam the city to find the collectibles. Thinking about X-Men Legends, it was kinda a model for future superhero games, the only it was missing was it wasn't an open world game and there was no option to go back to the setting of the finished missions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"