Which Marvel character designs are your favorite?

Phantom X

Civilian
Reaction score
Comics are filled with flashy costumes, some are awesome while others fall short. What characters do you think are excellent designs? Do you think said designs would work on the big screen? Why or why not?

My personal favorites are:

Venom, Dr. Doom, tan/brown Wolverine, and Mr. Sinister.

I think all but Wolverine (unless the did a restart) would look great in a movie.

So, what say you?

Forgot to add the why/why not.

Dr. Doom- grim reaper outfit never goes out of style.

Venom- they could've went for just a taller buffed up spidey, but the fanged mouth, tongue, and clawlike fingers turn him into a real monster.

Mr Sinister- his look just goes well with his name. another monstrous looking fellow.

Wolverine- the mask, uncovered hairy arms, and ofcourse the blades. very original. he seemed like a serial killer who wanted to turn his life around and do the right thing... sort of.

Symbiote Spider-Man/Venom
Carnage
Deadpool
Electro
Dr. Doom
Original Wolverine
Ultimate Beetle
Galactus

Out of all my favorites though, i'd say Ultimate Beetle drawn by Mark Bagley. He was just so awesome looking.

And I do feel all of these would work on screen if they weren't brightly colored because they are all designs creative in their own way and aren't ridiculous

Ultimate Hawkeye
Mark Bagley's Spiderman
Deadpool in Cable and Deadpool
Silver Surder
Captain America TFA film version outfit

ofBqd.jpg

when it comes to cool/badass character design, ghost rider is at the top of my list. it doesn't get any cooler than a leather-clad biker with spikes, chains, and a flaming skull. the character design clearly worked in the films, it's just too bad that nothing else did...

onT9W.jpg

on the other side of the badass spectrum, dr. strange has a very classy yet still badass character design. i think his look could definitely work on screen. it's just too bad robert downey jr. is already iron man because he'd be my ideal choice for the sorcerer.

OTNJ7.jpg

i'm slightly biased towards the punisher because he's my favorite character when it comes to comic books. i'm not talking about the classic blue-and-white design of course even though that was still pretty good but rather the tim bradstreet version. it's so simple and awesome. all black, trenchcoat, skull. that's all you need. that skull is so iconic and a symbol of what the character represents and it really brings the whole design together. dressed in all black, when in darkness, that skull will pretty much be the only thing the bad guys see. would the design work on the big screen? well, i think both of the recent punisher films did an awesome job with the design and it's such a basic outfit that it'd be hard to mess it up... but the 1989 film still managed to do that. :whatever:

Punisher
Wolverine
Ultimate Cap
Punisher
Ultimate Thor

I agree Doctor Strange could look phenomenal.

dr-strange.jpg

drstrange.jpg

I just hope Hollywood is ready for a sorcerer beyond the likes of HARRY POTTER! :cmad:

Would love to see Mysterio on screen in any way , shape, or form.

Those are some cool pics indeed. I tried to think of categories for some of my personal favorite characters, top 2 or 3 choices.

Mad scientist design:
Dr. Octopus (in trench coat rather than spandex)
Mr Sinister

Evil Overlord design:
Dr Doom
Apocolyse
Magneto

Mystical design:
Shuma gorath
Dr Strange (Lotta doctors around here)
Blackheart

Super strength design:
Collosus
Juggernaut

Deformed design:
Modok
Aunt May Parker

Martial artist design:
Black Widow
Iron Fist
Panther

Alien design:
Brood
Watcher

I think all the characters that everyone mentioned would look awesome in film unchanged from their comic book appearance.

Ghost Rider. His design has pretty much stayed the same since the 90's. It was so awesome, they just gave it to Johnny Blaze even though he was never a host to Noble Kale.

slgr001intlr0002.jpg

Gah! There are so many! At least on a universal level of design...

Spider-man
Carnage
Venom
Spiderman
Mary Jane Watson
Black Cat

X-Men
Quicksilver
Rogue
Nightcrawler
Gambit
Colossus
Storm

Fantastic Four
Human Torch

Miscellaneous
Silver Surfer

So many to chose from! Marvel is so great with character designs (compared to, IMO, DC from which I only like the design of Batman and his foes). Here are only a few of all those I really like.

Spider-Man (genious design, best super hero design ever made)
Iron Man (mainly his look in IM1 and comics with the same design)
Dr. Strange
Venom
Black Panther
Dare Devil
Kingpin (it's just right)
Shocker (also genious)
Red Skull
Dr. Octopus (his look in SM2 and comics with the same design. Also the white Armani suit designed Ock)
Lizard (humanoid lizard beast with traces of Connors left on him with the coat and pants? Genious)
Magneto
Dr. Doom
Ultron

etc.

Wolverine and The Punisher have always been favorites of mine.

Punisher!!!
Venom
Blade
Wolverine

I still think thats what really launched Punisher in the 1st place was his look in Spidernam. He kinda had the Boba fett nastalgia going for him because he look cool.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"