Which MARVEL movie is the biggest tear-jerker?

I almost forgot, I got pretty teary during Peter's confession in 'Spidey 2.' My favorite non-action scene of that movie, or any superhero movie.

The most emotional moments came from the X-men franchise... sorry Raimi/Spiderman lovers... look Spiderman was the more entertaining franchise... but X-2 had the most emotional scenes... Jean's death in X2 never fails to get me feeling that pit in my stomach.... Xavier was pretty brutal too... wish we could have gotten a better overall film from that one but o well... Singer layed a good foundation... the one thing he actually is good at with these films is bringing emotion. I even teared up a bit when Routh was getting his ass kicked... but yeah he should never touch a comic book film again... only Raimi has really had the right take on these movies. No including the lower profiled characters that have received movie adaptations as well.

Not that I get choked up when watching it, but in the Punisher when Frank is on the motorcycle going after Saint's men who are chasing down Maria and Will, I always hope he catches up to them to save them, even though I know he won't save them. And that if he did then there would be no Punisher.

just...none of the above, it's not in the poll, but that's it

I didn't really shared tears, I'm too insensitive for that, but I felt really sorry for Peter in SM2.

Although there are moments in all 3 Spiderman movies were i have been close to crying, but the end of X2 gets me every-time DESPITE the fact i know she isnt dead, thats effective movie making right there.

X3 because its sooo bad

Yeah, i cried all the way through X3, but only because of how bad it was.

I almost forgot, I got pretty teary during Peter's confession in 'Spidey 2.' My favorite non-action scene of that movie, or any superhero movie.

:up: frigging great scene, perfectly acted and directed, but Jean's sacrifice in X2 just shades it for me.

Dang - Spider-Man 1 doesn't even earn a spot on this poll. How about when Peter is with Unlce Ben during his final moments? What a significant and emotional moment.

Tied between Jean's first and second deaths. Hugh Jackman and James Marsden did so great in X2, and Jackman did amazing in X3 when both Prof. X and Jean died.

Blade II. Very underrated drama in that movie. The moment in the tunnel with Blade giving his blood to Neesa as Nomak looked on not sure what to think about the situation (great music here). Whistler's speech to Blade about losing everything and he's not going to lose him too. Nomak's death ("The pain...it...it hurts no more.") and Neesa's death with Blade carrying her into the sunrise as the music builds up (same music from before actually. Really sad music.) when she fades away and leaves him standing alone again.

This is all because of how well the characters were developed though. Del Toro does a great job with this kind of thing and I felt more emotion for the characters in these movies than any other Marvel movie.

I also felt more for death of Jack Murdock than I did for Uncle Ben's death for some reason. Not sure why but I always just stare blankly at the screen for Uncle Ben's death, not really caring. I guess it's just cause I think Tobey Maguire cries funny (and I'm glad other people thought so too in Spider-man 3. See? I'm not the only one! :woot: ).

Not that I get choked up when watching it, but in the Punisher when Frank is on the motorcycle going after Saint's men who are chasing down Maria and Will, I always hope he catches up to them to save them, even though I know he won't save them. And that if he did then there would be no Punisher.

Oh yes! Definitely. You just reminded me. The most choked up I've ever gotten in a Marvel movie was at the end when he had the gun in his mouth and he saw his wife crying and waving goodbye.

Wow. I haven't cried for a movie in a long long time but that was as close as I've ever gotten. I'm a sucker for a good score and all the movies I mentioned happened to have that going for them.

there was alot of good parts in the 1st spiderman.
Uncle bens death plus knowing peter caused it.

but that makes him who he is.

Daredevil when I found out that they really weren't going to make a sequel. More so after I saw the directors cut.

Uncle Ben's Death on Spidey 1 and parker confession in Spidey 2, tear jerkers...

Spidey 3 for me.

But The Death Of Jean in X2 was pretty powerful as well. Great job by James and Hugh! :up:

I think Harry's sacrifice and death in Spiderman 3 was one of the most emotional scenes in the Spiderman franchise. I'd tie it with all the Uncle Ben related scenes.

I think Harry's sacrifice and death in Spiderman 3 was one of the most emotional scenes in the Spiderman franchise. I'd tie it with all the Uncle Ben related scenes.

I agree with this, it was a wonderfully played scene, again the acting, direction, and music were perfect.

But still, the end of X2 still just tops it for me.

I voted Hulk. The part where young Bruce's mother is killed was pretty sad.
Then a close second is Spider-man 1, the end in the cemetary when Harry says "Thank God for you Peter...you're the only family I have left."...that was really :(

Glad to see some of the scenes from Spidey 1 are finally getting some attention. :applaud

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"