Which MARVEL movie is the biggest tear-jerker?

To be honest with you, none of the Spidey films evoked any sort of emotional response out of me whatsoever.

I have have never actually cried during any superhero movie, but I have felt the emotions in them. The only possible exception would be Superman Returns and the scene everyone has mentioned, I mean that kind of got to me but didn't quite make me cry. Yes I know Superman is DC and not Marvel.

I was sad that the Hulk's father didn't love him. Not crying but it was kind of sad.

So you are more manly than the on-screen versions of Frank Castle, Matt Murdock, Peter Parker, Storm, Wolverine, and Mary-Jane Watson, then.
I do cry in the movies, but none of the Marvel movies weren't really a tearjerker. They're all just popcorn movies. They don't make you cry (well sometimes thet make me cry on how bad they are...). Movie like Mar adentro make me cry.

Spider-Man 3 made me cry because of Harry at the end

X-Men 3 made me cry in ANGER during the xavier/phoenix scene

I was sad that the Hulk's father didn't love him. Not crying but it was kind of sad.

I shreded a tear for that scene. It was embarassing since I was watching in class and everyone was like, "Why you crying?" :cmad:

I haven't felt upset due to any particular scene in Marvel films.

X2 was a bit emotional, but with Jean speaking to Cyke through Xavier? rofl waffles.
I'm betting that the Incredible Hulk or Iron Man will be able to strike a few emotions though, certainly better than any of the FOX Marvel films did.

Oh, and if anyone said Harry's death. Shame on you. I was confused by the editing mess which was the ending. I hope I never see a film with Tobey crying like that again :down

Yeah, Xavier as Jean did make me laugh, I gotta admit. :woot: It reminded me of that episode of South Park where that guy saw his wife's face on Kenny's and was all "I need you baby! Don't go! Please Don't go!" and one of the boys say "...This is kinda ****ed up."

Yeah, Xavier as Jean did make me laugh, I gotta admit. :woot: It reminded me of that episode of South Park where that guy saw his wife's face on Kenny's and was all "I need you baby! Don't go! Please Don't go!" and one of the boys say "...This is kinda ****ed up."

Why do you think Xavier had his eyes closed when he was channelling Jean. He was crapping himself worrying that Scott would leap on him in a sexed-up lovefest of kissing... tongues and all. :funny:

'Get off me Scott, I'm not really Jean, you stupid boy'.... blurrrgh...yuk...:hoboj:

FF2 because it was a total letdown :down

I chose FF2 because it was just as bad the 1st one. It let me down, hurt my feelings. I really hope they don't make a third I can't take it anymore!

Although none of Marvel's films have made me cry or come close there is one scene in the first Fantastic Four that made me feel sorry for Ben Grimm.

When his wife puts her wedding ring on the ground looks at him one last time and shakes her head and leaves. Then right after Ben Grimm trying to pick up the ring while struggling.

Why wasn't the first FF on the list but FF2 was?

The scene with Matt and Elektra in the rain in DAREDEVIL tops it for me, as well as the end of X2 (mostly because of the moment between Wolverine and Scott)

It's between Jean's X-2 sacrifice and X-3's Jean killing Prof X.
Storm's eulogy ruined the moment of Xavier's death for me though.

I'm not moved by sadness for some reason, but inspirational moments in films really hit me sometimes. I get cloudy for heroic stuff like that....maybe why I like Superheros.
Out of all the Marvel flicks, I'd have to vote for Spider-man 2. The scene where Aunt May inspires Peter by describing basically why we all loved the character in the first place, really moves me. The look on Peter's face as the light goes on, which leads to his determined leap from the roof, really gets to me.

I'm not moved by sadness for some reason, but inspirational moments in films really hit me sometimes. I get cloudy for heroic stuff like that....maybe why I like Superheros.
Out of all the Marvel flicks, I'd have to vote for Spider-man 2. The scene where Aunt May inspires Peter by describing basically why we all loved the character in the first place, really moves me. The look on Peter's face as the light goes on, which leads to his determined leap from the roof, really gets to me.
same here

X3 - Xavier vs. Dark Phoenix is the most emotional sequence of the entire trilogy and Storm's eulogy afterwards is pretty emotional too.

The scene (Spider-Man 2) when Peter tells Aunt May what happened the night Uncle Ben died was very real and sad. Rosemary Harris' emotion, the shock in her eyes, was just a truly top-notch performance. She pulls her hand away, gets up and locks herself in her room. Great scene. And although I didn't break down and cry, it affected me. It was a good emotional scene for Maguire as well.
BUT speaking of Tobey Maguire, I cringe every time I see him cry, it is so awful and annoying. He cried so much in all the Spider-Man movies. It was so unbearable.

And, I was stunned at the death of Professor X in X-3. I didn't expect it, and it really felt like a stab in my heart. I think it was a bold move they made in killing him off.
And although many complain and even hate X-3, it definitely had some good moments, even powerful moments.

I shed a couple of tears in SM 3 in the flashback sequence featuring Ben's death. If there was anything good about that film, that was it.

I shed a couple of tears in SM 3 in the flashback sequence featuring Ben's death. If there was anything good about that film, that was it.

Same here. I always get teary eyed when they show poor Uncle Ben dying.

Other than that, when the professor dies in X3 is emotional.

I also thought it was really sad in the 1st FF when Ben tries to pick of the engagement ring.

I also thought it was really sad in the 1st FF when Ben tries to pick of the engagement ring.
yeah, or when he broke the chair after he sat, or the glass when he tried to pick that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"