Which MCU hero had the best Origin film?

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Wanted to make this poll since Captain Marvel is the last solo origin flick before the end of the MCU as we currently know it. I added Black Panther to the poll even though its status as an origin movie is debatable.

Can't decide between Iron Man and Captain Marvel, but I think I'll go with Iron Man. Especially since it's the film that made all of this possible.

I had a tough time choosing between Iron Man and Captain Marvel and ultimately voted Captain Marvel because I relate to it more, so it was a personal choice. But Tony was truly born as Iron Man two fold, one because of the very conscious choice to stop making weapons and therefor actually forging a path of his own, and making a suit in a freakin' cave. Steve was pretty much always Captain America in his heart, it's just no one else paid attention to him because of his size, Ant-Man is fun, but it feels more like a job he took on than an actual persona, and both Thor and T'challa were also already who they were, we just got to witness them both grow into the responsibility of leadership, (although T'challa did it in one movie where Thor took three... ;P ) Dr. Strange's story was good too, but to be honest his cloak was my favorite character in that movie, haha, so he doesn't get my vote. (I do love BC though. So it's not meant to be a slam on him.)

Iron Man and its not even close.
It literally tells you everything you need to know about Tony. It fits the character or a rock n roll, playboy superhero so damn well. And the performances are great all around.

Iron Man. Its closest contender would be Captain America, but even that relies on a larger context to work that Iron Man doesn't.

( Black Panther is a really really good movie, but its not really an origin story in the conventional sense, that docks it points for this purpose. )

It's a really close race between Iron Man and Captain America: The First Avenger, but I have to side with the former just a little bit more.

I said Cap because Black Panther isn't an origin story. I still consider BP to be the best solo super hero film ever.

Top 5:

Panther
Strange
Thor
Ant-Man
Captain America

Those five are all so close, along with Iron Man and Homecoming. Captain Marvel is a step down, but still in the neighborhood. Incredible Hulk is clearly the weakest, but still decent enough to give a pass to.

Iron Man and it's not even close.

Haven’t seen CM but out of the other ones Iron Man is clearly the best one.

Think it's IM since it is still used as a reference for doing origin films at both Marvel and DC.

I kept going back to TFA, but I just did a rank em poll and I did put Iron Man over all of them. So...IM.

Iron Man is the most refined of them all. Plus it has the best lead.

The First Avenger takes a firm second place. I think it has the best drama of all MCU films. If it had a great middle act, I'd put it even above IM.

I'm going with Iron Man, because it's a superb film period. Having said that Dr Strange is a close second - mostly because it's Iron Man, but with magic.

I winced during the surgery bits with his hands, and the film totally delivered in terms of acting and hey, Dormammu ! If the villain had been better this would be even closer.

Iron Man and it isn't even close...Thor probably in a close second

Hard call between Iron Man & Thor for me I would probably sway towards Iron Man for the sheer fact we get very little of Thor as Thor in Thor lol if that makes sense.

Also Iron Man 1 has this scene, it will forever be one of the most epic shots ever :funny:

Black Panther I don't think counts as an origin film. It's more or less a sequel to Civil War.

My personal favorite is Captain America.

Cap's was one I didn't fully appreciate right away but I think its definitely one of the best, the score alone is incredible.

Black Panther or Iron Man if we're judging the film as a whole (though BP himself was better in CW, personally speaking). Then Captain Marvel and The First Avenger.

Thor struggled a lot in the early days and it really feels the story struggles with the scale the movie needs (it suddendly puts the brakes on the whole mythical aspect on the film to send Thor to a New Mexico set in a way that feels very contrived and doesn't really relate to the character in any meaningful way), and Ant-Man and Dr. Strange are inferior re-does of Iron Man (with a little The Dark World for the second, strangely enough).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"