Age of Extinction Which robot franchise will be next?

ervann

Super Deformin'
Reaction score
I'm so banking on Transformers to be successful enough for studios to go after the rights for other robot franchises. Having seen the movie, i think it will be huge hit, which makes me wonder which robot we're going to see next.

The one I'd most want to see is a Macross/Robotech adaptation. Top gun meets Transformers meets Battlestar Galatica. The rights are in a mess but I'm holding out for that one. Would love Michael Bay again but wouldn't mind Tony Scott.

Voltron has of course been in unofficial development for years. So has Evangelion.

I think Gundam actually is tailor-made for the big screen, and can be a serious sci-fi franchise about war (or anti-war) and human evolution. James Cameron for that one pls.

Either way I hope Transformers opens the floodgate. I'm sick of superhero and fantasy movies. Bring on the bots.

voltron.jpg

Voltron it´s in the works already

Voltron, Robotech, Macross, Evangelion and Gundam. I'd prefer them to not touch Evangelion though.

Voltron, done right, would make me very very happy.

Voltron, already a script review up at latino review, so some spoilers if you read it. Supposedly, from what the reviewer said, it looks like it might be a hard pg-13 or R movie. If done right and the studio does not interfere this could be one awesome film.

I want my mobile suit gundam movie, and big O. Its batman meets gundam. You can't lose.

Voltron, already a script review up at latino review, so some spoilers if you read it. Supposedly, from what the reviewer said, it looks like it might be a hard pg-13 or R movie. If done right and the studio does not interfere this could be one awesome film.

Yea... :whatever: like that would ever happen :whatever:

Robotech/ Macross would be awesome and epic as well as Evangelion, however Eva is one of those series that would probably be ruined if made a live action. It is nice to know that Matt Greenfield is on the team for that one so there is hope.

Ufo Robot Grendizer. Go Nagai's classic anime series following the last survivor of a devastating attack by Vega The Strong (his would be father in law) whom nearly destroyed Duke Fleed's Homeworld. Duke then defends his new world Earth against Vega the Strong's nearly endless army of evil. It ran for 74 episodes during 1974-1975

voltron hmm.... I see we are doing 80s shows. Let me think of one that would work. GO BOTS!

Z BOTS! i had those as a toy but ya that wouldn't happen. If anything do an Xmen with Sentinels

Actually, Steel Jeeg, and Mazinger Z even moreso, were huge everywhere, in Latin America and Asia specially, just not in the U.S.A. They could still be big money makers if their full potential is exploited, they're solid properties.

voltron, gundam, patlabor, big o. those are my top choices. but please if a gundam movie is made it has to be on mobile suit gundam, not wing, or g, or any others, stick with the original and take it as serious as a heart attack

voltron hmm.... I see we are doing 80s shows. Let me think of one that would work. GO BOTS!
Why would Hasbro have 2 giant transforming robot properties in movie production at the same time? :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"