Which runs do you hope inspire the black widow movie?

Discussion in 'Black Widow' started by Silvermoth, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Silvermoth Avenger

I reckon the Marjorie Liu run is perfect for adaption so I would love to see a bit of it in there,

What about you?

[​IMG]

2. bubbadoom Registered

Rumor was that the classic Kirby/Captain America story arc MAD BOMB was being considered before WINTER SOLDIER was chosen for CAP 2 so how about adapting that story for Black Widow?

3. Mike Murdock Registered

They did already adapt it for season one of Agent Carter. Unlike other Marvel television shows, Kevin Feige had some involvement in that season so I'm sure he's at least aware of that.

I'm a big fan of Mark Waid's maxi series. That being said, I'd like them to draw from other eras. For example, I'd like to see a character like Ivan from the Amazing Adventures story and her time wtih Daredevil in here as well.

4. bubbadoom Registered

Really - I watched the first season and missed the similarities...guess I'll have to give it a second look...

5. Mike Murdock Registered

The plot device they had to stop at the end was the Mad Bomb.

6. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I'll be honest... I'm not sure I've really ever liked most of the modern BW series/stories. I can see them taking some characters and story elements (the Red Room which has already been shown to some degree in the MCU) but I would rather they just do something original to the MCU Widow.

7. Speed Force Goober

I see that being the case.

8. Speed Force Goober

9. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

There are no runs I can immediately think of, but I'd like to see Black Widow teamed up with Daredevil like in the comics. But they don't even seem that they would know each other in the MCU, let alone have any kind of romance.

10. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Even if they did meet, what commonality would even drive the story? One of them is a low level street vigilante who fights mildly exotic organized crime and the occasional ninja cult. The other is a globe-trotting Avenger and high level super hero, whose adventures usually bottom out at "international conspiracy that threatens the conquest of the world" and goes up from there. It'd be like having a teamup between Luke Cage and Thor, and for about the same reason.

11. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

That could be interesting though. That's how many films are. You get someone who doesn't even belong in that world being pulled into it and then all the drama and conflict that ensues from the mismatch and feeling like a fish out of water. Often it's the woman who gets pulled into the man's world, but here it would be the other way round. That could even create some romantic tension.

12. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Well... Said Ninja Cult was led by five virtual immortals whose grand plan was to dig up dragon bones deposited in New York which would have put the whole of the isle of Manhattan in jeopardy, and DD was trained by the blind warrior shaman of the group that opposed said ninja cult for like a thousand years or more so... it's not like the stuff done with BW in the MCU is a completely foreign element to the adventures Matt has had so far. He could more than hold his own in a world of super spies I think.