Arrow Which Season Villain Is Better?

Malcolm is superior to this version of Slade.

However, any proper Deathstroke version such as Batman Origin's one is on a completely new level.

With this season being over, I'm just sad we did not get to see Malcolm vs Slade encounter.

Slade. Almost everything time he was on screen during the modern story-line I was left with a huge grin on my face. Honestly, Slade stole the show every episode he was in.

Malcolm is still great though.

Merlyn was Ollie's Ras Al Ghul.

But Deathstroke is his Joker.

Hmmm you can find traces of both Joker and Ra's in Merlyn, whereas Slade I find to be a Ra's al Ghul/Bane hybrid,though more like Bane.

From Season 3 official description:

while keeping his secret from those closest to him including his sister Thea (Willa Holland), who has allied herself with his most deadly enemy.

Guess the showrunners want to drive home the point that Dark Archer is Ollie's arch nemesis.

Mannu Bennett is just great.... he made this show so much better now.... I hope the writers keep it up....

I can't vote. Slade's more fun and had the stronger overall season, but Merlin's arc is better and the character still strikes me as the most dangerous villain faced so far ("Redundancy.")

Slade v. Ollie was bluntly personal in every way, but both characters could be cheered for and sympathized with on a massive scale (Slade only really crossed over into vile villainy when he reluctantly killed Moira, and he has a chemically induced reason for insanity). Merlin v. Ollie had the more professional feuding, with both men more concerned about the city and their loved ones than themselves, and with Merlin's darkness being much less sympathetic and more easily identified as irrationally spiteful. It's harder to cheer for Merlin because he has no excuse for his evil and because he feels no regret for his sins.

Slade was also built up since season 1. We saw a Deathstroke Origin too... so we, the audience, are more invested in slade than with Merlin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"