Comics Which series have Iceman in them?

I

Icicle

I know a lot don't, so I have to find out what I have to look for.

If you're talking about upcoming issues he's currently in adjectiveless X-Men.

Oh no, just any series. I found a torrent of comic scans, and I'm going to downloda them. So, I'm not really interested in anything without Iceman in it.

Original series (my favorite Iceman) that would be Uncanny 1-66

First volume of X-factor, 1-75

Casey/Austen's Uncanny run, 394-444

Those are good places to start. He has sporadic appearances elsewhere.

Thank you. I'm currently reading the AoA storyline. Great stuff!

don't forget about X-men: Forever where he's listed as an omega mutant!

Some absolutely phenomenal Iceman issues are the infamous Uncanny X-MEn #340 (where his father is in hospital) and X-Men #65-69 (Where he Leads Cecillia Reyes and Marrow to safety against the Prime Sentinels)

These issues showcase some heroic aspects of Iceman that are ofen overlooked in many other characterizations of him.

Also there was a recent issue of X-Men Unlimited which was alright, not brilliant though, i believe it was the second story in issue #9.

There was also two fairly decent 4 issue Iceman mini-series put out, one in 1984, which would be almost impossible to track down, and another in 2001, called X-Men: Icons - ICEMAN.

And a less than average story about the private regrouping of the original X-Men, which had a bit of old-school bobby in it, in Uncanny X-Men #356-357.

javon said:
don't forget about X-men: Forever where he's listed as an omega mutant!
X-Men Forever was a good book. Too bad nothing really came from what happened in it. :xmen:

I read the first mini-series for Iceman. Pretty good stuff. Why isn't he in current issues of Astonishing? During the AoA Arc he was in them, so I don't see how he just... went away? Edit: WOW. What the hell?! Colossus killed Iceman?! Why didn't he rebuild himself? Why didn't any other teammate care?! **** YOU Scott Lobdell! You ruined the series!

That Astonishing (and the whole AoA storyline) took place in a different reality than the core of the X-books, such as the newer, current Astonishing.

GreatWhiteWhale said:
And a less than average story about the private regrouping of the original X-Men, which had a bit of old-school bobby in it, in Uncanny X-Men #356-357.

Those are some great stories with the original X-men, I like how Bobby and Beast are portrayed.

FieryBalrog said:
Those are some great stories with the original X-men, I like how Bobby and Beast are portrayed.

Yeah the characerization is great, spot on. I love it when Hank, Warren and Bobby behave like old friends.

I thought the story was a bit weak though, what was it about again? evil crows?

GreatWhiteWhale said:
Yeah the characerization is great, spot on. I love it when Hank, Warren and Bobby behave like old friends.

I thought the story was a bit weak though, what was it about again? evil crows?

Yea... well actually I liked the crows story, its just that Seagle and Kelly were kicked off the X-books by Bob Harras (blegh, yech) before they could really get their arcs going. Granted they didn't move really fast, but the way they were treated was real shabby.

Seagle had a lot of interesting set-up going. If you notice theres a ton of bird-metaphors and imagery in his stories, and the return of Jeans Phoenix imagery. This was leading into a story he was doing, but Harras wanted Seagle to do a Magneto story an editor had written. Seagle at least wanted to keep Jean on the team but Harras demanded she be shunted off to Kelly's book and be replaced with Gambit. In response, Seagle and Kelly quit and we got the mess that was Claremont's Revolutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"