Which Story/Villain Should Season 2 Adapt?

Discussion in 'The Defenders' started by Dasher10, Aug 19, 2017.

?

Villain For Season 2

1. Seven Capital Cities - Xao/HYDRA

2. The Trust - The Hood

3. Shadowland - Daredevil

4. Something Else

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dasher10

Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Seven Capital Cities of Heaven - Immortal Iron Fist 8-14 (Xao, HYDRA, Other Immortal Weapons, Hand)

The Trust - New Avengers 23-37, The Hood 1-6 (The Hood)

Shadowland - Crossover Event (Daredevil)

2. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Something better than The Hand digs a big hole to get a ****ing skeleton.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  3. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

i wouldn't mind something that draws a bit from Shadowland.

Or honestly I just want something grittier. Just make it about The Defenders fighting gangs maybe they get high powered weapons so Cage is actually in danger.

4. writer0327

writer0327 Well-Known Member

An adaptation of Secret Empire or something original.

5. Dasher10

I feel like Shadowland is too soon TBH. It also introduces no new character as an antagonist. I feel like you'd need a few more seasons of Daredevil to wear Matt Mudoch down to the point where he'd willingly join The Hand.

Depending on what Iron Fist Season 2 does, Seven Capital Cities could be a given. If IFS2 doesn't manage to set up that arc, then it'll presumably be The Trust. That's assuming that Benedict Cumberbatch is able to make time in his schedule to be Doctor Strange for a few episodes since he's tied to The Hood's origin.

6. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

That won't happen. If they do that they'll work around it

7. Dasher10

If they work around it, it could tie in to Ghost Rider or Loki or possibly be an artifact lying around Lee Wing's house.

8. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

Again wouldn't happen.

As it stands right now, there's going to be no cross between the movies and the shows. And it looks like it'll stay that way for a bit

9. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Yeah, if we can't even get a CGI tower shot of Avengers Tower in the previous shows, then I doubt we'll get anything that has anything to do with the films.

10. KaijuDude1992

KaijuDude1992 Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with any of the source material, but all I want are villain's who are actually a BIG threat and don't have a bunch of generic henchman who depend on swords, guns or batons lol. I mean it probably won't happen, but as of now I'm just tired of seeing ninjas and gangsters. That stuff is fine for the solo shows, but for the team up/crossover shows it definitely needs to be amped up the next time around.

11. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Shadowland! Featuring the Moon Knight and the Punisher!

12. ludovica

ludovica Daddy Feige notice me!

I also would like a supervillain in the future.
    I mean, to get really comic booky for a change, I liked every series more or less so far but now is the time to expand more in the fantastical.
    Their budgets may be limiting, but look what Flash accomplishes, warts and all.

13. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

I think the Flash, although on the CW Network, has a bigger budget than most of the Netflix shows (hence the heavy usage of CGI on their show).

Honestly, whoever they end up using for the next villain, it would have to be someone that could provide a challenge to all of the heroes and not eat up their limited budget...so it's best not to use someone who would require CGI to make their powers work.

14. R_Hythlodeus

R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

Whatever they, as long as it's not the Hand, I'm fine.
    And I would actually prefer if they come up with an original story to adapting one that I can read or have read anyway.

15. ludovica

ludovica Daddy Feige notice me!

Mr. Fear? Nuke/Bullseye/Kingpin? Stilt-Man?

16. TheComicbookKid

TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

Do not center it around Iron Fist for the love of God.

I think they should center it around Moon Knight and do a kind of Legion type story that pulls them in but aren't sure if Moon Knight is insane or telling the truth.

17. NiallC

NiallC Well-Known Member

With this season being very Matt/Danny central it would be nice to see the next season be Jessica/Luke central. And move away from mysticism and to science a bit more. We know there is a bit more to Jessica's origins with this company that Trish found out paid for everything. What if in her second solo Jess get's halfway to solving this and then in season 2 of the Defenders we see how they were also involved in Luke's origin a bit but due to their funding the experiments. Something like that, all we saw was what needed to survive his injuries in his show and not the deeper mystery.

18. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

I hope there's not another Hand story. Some kind of Gang War story might be nice, though.

19. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I think The Hood and his crime syndicate might be a good choice for a second Defenders team show.

The Hood is a fleshed out villain with a compelling enough background and a worthy adversary to The Defenders.

The Hood's father worked for Kingpin in the comics. The Hood's power's come from a demon which fits in with the whole mystic elements.

20. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Honestly, I'd like to see the return of Purple Man.

Second choice being yeah, probably a Shadowland story.

21. Set

Set Well-Known Member

They've tugged heavily on a connective thread between Iron Fist and Daredevil, with the Hand / K'un-Lun connection, so I feel like that's been done.

That leaves us with another connection yet to be explored, the chemical company that is responsible for Matt's blindness and Jessica's powers, and *may* be soft-retconned into being somehow connected to the experiments being run on prisoners that gave Luke his bulletproof skin, as well. Having to face *multiple* threats with Jessica/Luke class strength and toughness, working for the evil chemical company (which is far more than just an evil chemical company, but a kind of 'Power Broker' producing metahuman enforcers), could be one way to amp up the tension, particularly for Matt (who isn't generally able to fight on that level, and will have to even up the odds by turning out the lights or something), but also for Danny (who can't take punches like Luke), or Jessica (who has already mentioned how she doesn't know martial arts, and would be hard-pressed against foes who have her strength *and* are trained in hand to hand).

Add in some potential use of chemical weapons (given who they are working for), or even someone with powers related to chemicals, such as acid skin, and there's possibly enough fodder for an entire season with zero Hand / ninja / K'un-Lun ties.