You Could Die and I Don't Even Know Your Name: The Title Thread (POLL)

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
We still gotta buy time before some real news hits, so…

Voted subtitle.

More that I hope that’s what it is rather than what I think will happen. Still open to sentence or Godfather-style (Part Two) though. The only one I hope it’s not is numerical.

Because I'm that kind of a person, I would accept the numerical title only if using Roman numerals... :o
More serioulsy, although I appreciate their sobriety, the more I think about this one and the Godfather-style one, the more they feel irrelevant to me. Sure, The Batman had somewhat of an open ending, but there's high chances that things like the flood will actually be addressed in the Pinguin spin-off rather than the sequel. And so, I don't think that new trilogy, in itself, should really be seen as one big story divided into three parts.
I don't know if that makes sense for everybody, I admit that there's a certain psychological rigidity on my part here... :D

Otherwise, between the last two, I think "Finish the sentence" is still a fresh way to name a sequel opposed to the much more formulaic subtitle. So, this is getting my vote.

But really, in the end what matters most to me is that the title really reflects the atmosphere of the film. And as long as it has a nice ring to it and isn't too cheesy, I'll go with it.

I Am Batman
Shadow of The Bat
Bury The Batman
The Batman Strikes
Kill The Batman
Fear The Batman

The Batman: War on Crime
The Batman: Haunted Knight

The Batman Part II

Godfather style. Especially if Bruce continues to read from his diary. It would also give the feeling of telling a more cohesive story.

Precisely.
I think the Gotham Project diary will have a role in the sequels.
Imagine, for example, if it ends in the wrong hands...

Anyway I'd say Godfather style or The Batman + Subtitles.
A sentence with "The Batman" in it, isn't impossible to think, but after the Nolan titles I think it wouldn't be so original.

I'd like ''Shadow of The Batman'' and ''Rise of The Batman'', but the similarities with some other franchises wouldn't be so subtle... :hehe:

we've always gotten titles with "Batman" "Dark Knight" any other variations of that moniker....

what about a "Bruce Wayne" Titles?

we've always gotten titles with "Batman" "Dark Knight" any other variations of that moniker....

what about a "Bruce Wayne" Titles?
Ehh… interesting thought, but I can’t see it happening. Batman puts asses in the seats, but I’m not so sure we can say the same for Bruce.

Then again, people in these parts could’ve said the very same thing when The Dark Knight’s title first dropped.

Ehh… interesting thought, but I can’t see it happening. Batman puts asses in the seats, but I’m not so sure we can say the same for Bruce.

Then again, people in these parts could’ve said the very same thing when The Dark Knight’s title first dropped.

To be fair, "The Dark Knight" has always been a badass-sounding moniker for Batman and you have precedence with Frank Miller's Dark Knight stuff. It made a lot of sense to go with that title at the time, it said a lot about the direction of the film while still having that iconic ring to it.

I agree though, can't really see a Bruce Wayne title happening even though it's an interesting thought.

The Batman Returns seems like the most natural follow on to me.

*definitely not followed by The Batman Forever though*

The Batman Returns seems like the most natural follow on to me.

*definitely not followed by The Batman Forever though*

I would have to applaud it if they just did the 90s titles again with "The" in front of them. :funny:

I like the style: XXX of the Batman.

My current fave is Curse of the Batman, which would take inspiration from the comic, Batman: Curse of the White Knight (i.e., a Azrael story).

I like the style: XXX of the Batman.

My current fave is Curse of the Batman, which would take inspiration from the comic, Batman: Curse of the White Knight (i.e., a Azrael story).
I’d still be all in on Reeves taking a sharp left turn and giving us a Batman/Dracula: Red Rain-inspired movie with the title Blood of the Batman.

Oh I’d love a heel turn and just got wild with it. There’s nothing stopping them.

Flight of the Batman
Battle of the Batman
Reign of the Batman
Mystery of the Batman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"