Whiskey Cavalier

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/9...en-cohan-joins-whiskey-cavalier-pilot-for-abc
The Walking Dead‘s Lauren Cohan has joined the ABC pilot for Whiskey Cavalier, according to THR. Though the character of Maggie is still alive on the AMC series, Cohan is reportedly does not have a contract for the recently announced ninth season of the cable series. The negotiation has been going on for some time, though AMC has yet to comment.

The pilot for Whiskey Cavalier also stars Scott Foley (Scandal, Felicity) and is described as a “high-octane hourlong action dramedy that follows the adventures of tough but tender FBI super-agent Will Chase (codename: ‘Whiskey Cavalier’) who, following an emotional breakup, is assigned to work with badass CIA operative Francesca ‘Frankie’ Trowbridge (codename: ‘Fiery Tribune’). Together, they lead an inter-agency team of flawed, funny, heroic spies who periodically save the world (and each other) while navigating the rocky roads of friendship, romance and office politics.”

Foley will star as Whiskey and Cohan will play Frankie. The script for Whiskey Cavalier was written by Dave Hemingson who will also executive produce with Bill Lawrence, Jeff Ingold and Peter Atencio from Doozer Productions. The studio is Warner Bros. Television and Atencio will direct the pilot. Foley will also produce.

Whiskey Cavalier Starring Scott Foley, Lauren Cohan Ordered to Series at ABC

R.I.P., The Walking Dead‘s Maggie?

ABC has formally ordered Whiskey Cavalier — the action dramedy starring Scandal’s Scott Foley and The Walking Dead’s Lauren Cohan — to series.
2018 Fall TV Preview: A Guide to What's New
Launch Gallery

The series, from writer/executive producer Dave Hemingson and executive producer Bill Lawrence, is described as a high-octane, thriller that follows the adventures of tough but tender FBI super-agent Will Chase (codename: “Whiskey Cavalier”), played by Foley. Following an emotional break-up, Chase is assigned to work with badass CIA operative Francesca “Frankie” Trowbridge (codename: “Fiery Tribune”), played by Cohan. Together, they lead an inter-agency team of flawed, funny and heroic spies who periodically save the world (and each other) while navigating the rocky roads of friendship, romance and office politics

Dc8pbxjX4AAzpTs.jpg:large

[YT]FhYQU5eWdCo[/YT]

Midseason

Ok out of all the new upfront trailers, I think this is the one that appeals to me the most.

This does look like fun. more Lauren Cohan!

The whole thing in a way sort of reminds me of Chuck (minus Chuck of course) if it were just Sarah and Casey running around trying to apprehend criminals

Looks really fun! Definitely going to check this out when it premieres!

Looks fun. I think they showed too much in the trailer though. Practically the first episode in abridged form.

"Preview" on tonight after the Oscars.

Blah. Scott Foley is average at best and Lauren Cohan is one of the most overrated actresses among fanboys. Looks like Moonlighting with guns.

I think the show is fine as a pleasant fun diversion. But yeah it is basically Moonlighting with guns.

If the show continues I imagine it will be a continued series of will or won't the two main leads shack up.

It was a decent pilot, but the ending was rushed as hell. And I think they made a mistake of making Gigi just a cheater. I would have integrated her as fellow spy, or one working for another nation using Will. it would have created more tension and drama later, she would gate in-between the two of them, etc... Chuck really did it perfectly. As for the leads, they had sufficient chemistry.

It was a decent pilot, but the ending was rushed as hell. And I think they made a mistake of making Gigi just a cheater. I would have integrated her as fellow spy, or one working for another nation using Will. it would have created more tension and drama later, she would gate in-between the two of them, etc... Chuck really did it perfectly. As for the leads, they had sufficient chemistry.

That's actually a good idea. Would've made more sense to explain someone like Foley getting involved with a much younger woman. Something that he gets poked at for in the third episode.

Like she got involved with both him and the handler because she was a spy/informant.

Was a fun pilot. Didn't Cohan guest star in Chuck?

I read on Wikipedia that Dylan Walsh would have a recurring role. But wasn't he killed in the pilot?

The ending did seem rushed. It wasn't clear exactly how the two agencies came to work together or why they would.

Was a fun pilot. Didn't Cohan guest star in Chuck?

I read on Wikipedia that Dylan Walsh would have a recurring role. But wasn't he killed in the pilot?

The ending did seem rushed. It wasn't clear exactly how the two agencies came to work together or why they would.
they did it two days ago, on ctv in my area . and it's clear to me any way after seeing whisky's boss was part of the corrupt agents and he was ether a FBI sac or field office branch chief they were speaking with a fBI or all agency oversite Review board. and that black guy may have been a director in that board room .

It look's like they're a off the books team since that black NSA kid from (criminal minds spinoff ) found that info and Wisky & that cia girl stumble across this.

they'll be looking into all agency to weed out rest of the people that are the corrupt agent & Cia officers and NSA personal names in those files.

The pilot was ok, I didn't see a lot of chemistry between Foley and Lauren Cohan but they are going for the Castle/Beckett dynamic where he's the softer one and she's the steely one in the duo. I didn't expect it to be quite as comedic as it was either but it was fun enough to warrant a few eps as it tries to find it's rhythm.

Finally watched the pilot. I liked it, but to me, it felt like the show was trying too hard to make Tyler James Williams the funny man and just have him randomly blurt out one-liners.

Finally watched the pilot. I liked it, but to me, it felt like the show was trying too hard to make Tyler James Williams the funny man and just have him randomly blurt out one-liners.

Doesn't he normally do that in everything though? I didn't see him acting any differently. Although he did seem to regress somewhat from Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders where he was a slightly more mature character.

No, he definitely wasn't written to be like that in The Walking Dead. While that show does have characters that come off as comic relief or have funny lines, he was not one of them.

Well they're all meant to be a bit comical. I just hope it doesn't become like that series Limitless, which became eventually like a live-action Ultimate Spider-Man show with its quirky, juvenile humour and offbeat tone.

Well, yeah, it's a comedy. Obviously they're meant to all be comical.

That wasn't my point. Point is Williams in particular feels like they're making him the extra funny man with the amount of one-liners he has compared to the others. And to reiterate, no, he hasn't done that in everything he's been in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"