Who are your favourite band ?

Mandon Knight

We did it......
Reaction score
We all like lots of different music and therefore lots of bands we like to hear their music, but who are the ONE band who are your fave's, the one that you return too, the one that you cannot wait for a new LP release and the one band you will follow through any up or down in their career.

Mine are JAMES. Through thick and thin, followed these boys and their music, they 'speak' to me like no other band, their lyrics, their music, their message.

Hope this thread would be more popular. One day, a thread of mine will be, popular & well received that is. :woot:

It's quite amazing how our music tastes are formed, the influences we have, the structure of how make our choices.

I'll admit, I like what most would regard as 'depressing' music, non-uplifting music, emotionally complex music, that's where my choices of my favourite bands stem from, from hurt & pain. Could also be said for my film choices & favourite films too.

Greatest ever - Pink Floyd

Greatest current era - Muse

cool thread Mandon, i too love James !

my top 5 bands at the moment (it's ever changing)

1. The Jezabels
2. James
3. Teenage Fanclub
4. Super Furry Animals
5. Big Star

i got into James through my older brother.
the local radio station started playing their song "Sit Down" here in the Bay Area California back in the early 90s.
so my older bro bought that early CD (it was the Gold Mother re-release in the US) and Seven.
we listened to those two albums all day.

i saw James live in concert in San Francisco about 8 years ago, one of the best live performances i ever witnessed.

My fave band of all time is Emerson, Lake & Palmer. And I know that I will never see another album from them ever again because two out of three of them are dead.

Current band would be Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

^^ Love them! (BRMC)

But right now my favorite is The Record Company. Some very fine blues right there. :)

My fave band of all time is Emerson, Lake & Palmer. And I know that I will never see another album from them ever again because two out of three of them are dead.

Love me some ELP! :up:

My top three bands at the top of my head.

1. Arctic Monkeys
2. Royal Blood
3. Alt J

1. Muse
2. Karnivool
3. Red Fang
4. Royal Blood
5. Avenged Sevenfold

Last edited:
Nirvana.

It was the first band I became a fan of. I remember around '95-96, I was in a middle school at that time, I noticed people wearing Nirvana apparel. A blonde guy was looking at me with his sad blue eyes from various hoodies and t-shirts with writing 1967-1994. I saved some money and bought the first tape I could find in the nearest music shop. It was "In Utero" album. I didn't watch MTV at that time, there was no internet, obviously. So I never heard Nirvana's biggest hit Smells Like Teen Spirit. But Nirvana's "other" songs really spoke to me. I come back to Nirvana and rediscover it every time. It's like a different band when you're 11, when you're 18, when you're 28.

Favorite of all time would be tough as it tends to fluctuate. Top five would be:

1. Rob Zombie
2. Wu-Tang Clan
3. Rammstein
4. Slayer
5. Smashing Pumpkins

New bands come and go from that list thought, but that grouping is fairly consistent with what I listen to on a day to day.

1. Epica
2. Guns N' Roses
3. Belinda Carlisle
4. Live
5. The Cranberries
6. Within Temptation
7. The Bangles
8. Def Leppard
9. Queensryche
10. Alice in Chains

Make that top four.

1. Arctic Monkeys
2. Royal Blood
3. Alt J
4. Wallows

I'm done, now that I'm at five. It goes something like this.

1. Arctic Monkeys
2. Royal Blood
3. Kaleo
4. Alt J
5. Wallows

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"