Days of Future Past Who are your least favorite characters in the entire X-Men film series?

Worst is definitely Callisto. Atrocious.

Others I would say are Sabretooth, Toad, Nightcrawler, Deathstrike, and Viper. Emma was hamstrung by JJ's low ceiling as an actress- she's a great character in other media.

You didn't like Nightcrawler?

Here we go. I didn't let "I've seen character X too many times"-thoughts affect my picks, just "Go away from my movie"-thoughts.

X3: Callisto, Juggernaut. Others: Archlight, Multiple man, "Porcupine man". I can't stand them. Annoying as hell. They...they were just there. No impact on me whatsoever, except for the annoyance. I don't need a 30-minute development for a character, but even the sheer first sight of them made me want to punch myself in the skull and stomach. And I did.

Origins: Wraith, Blob, Agent Zero, Silverfox. Guess they just had to have so many mutants. I'm a little sad all of them didn't die. I want them to have a horrifying, permanent end. I even gave a pass to Wade "not really Deadpool" Wilson.

FC: Riptide, Angel Salvadore. Riptide had no impact on me. Just a prop. The stripper-Angel annoyed the crap out of me - and I still don't know if it's the character itself or the actress. Maybe both. Also, Darwin. Not going to miss him. Good riddance to all of them. I had no problems with Emma Frost, which seems to be an unpopular opinion.

Every character from X1 and X2 gets a pass - even toad and sabretooth. I'm going to need to watch The Wolverine again to decide if Viper is just a minor annoyance to me or do I really want her out permanently out of my memory.

That's because of bad writing and the fact that before Avengers, nobody really knew how to approach a big ensemble cast of contrasting extraordinary interesting characters in films like these.

Except Bryan Singer with X2 and Zach Snyder with Watchmen.

Only new thing Avengers did for ensemble CBM was united teamwork action scenes rather than characters going one on one with villains.

And even then Watchmen had scenes of two or more characters fighting side by side.

Last edited:
With Angel Salvadore, for me it's both the character and the actress.

The character from the comics seemed like something Grant Morrison thought up while at home watching one-too-many Maury Povich shows.

And the actress was just very annoying. Plus she dated my Fassy so she can burn in hell :csad::oldrazz: j/k

It was really quite a head-scratcher for me why Vaughn et al settled for this waste-of-space character from the comics was chosen as one of the potential First X-men

Except Bryan Singer with X2 and Zach Snyder with Watchmen.

I still felt Cyclop's role was minimal and as for Watchmen, all Snyder did was adapt the book page by page, panel by panel, not so much actually think and come up with creative ideas of what each character should be doing.

T"Challa;27194747 said:
Cyclops--now this i don't get. They had a solid and handsome actor who did his best with what he was given, but goodness they just butchered his character. I mean, they just turned him into this soft, nice guy beta male who basically stood by and let 'the much more manly' Wolverine openly go after his girl.

At least they could have made him the consummate leader and strategist he was in the comics but no. They took way his greatest strengths AND emasculated him to boot.

EXACTLY! :up:

Cyclops suffered from terrible writing. As well as that Marsden totally looked the part of Cyclops too :(. Cyclops was a legitimate badass in the 90s cartoons as well as the comics. It also breaks my heart that he may not be in Days of Future Past. That means we'll never see stuff like this unfold:

3405782-4575662822-30354.jpg

252604-134304-cyclops.jpg

26.jpg

I swear James Marsden and Bryan Singer is pretty much an abusive relationship, not only did Singer ruin Marsden's career in X-Men, let's not forget his character in Superman Returns who was pretty much useless.

Last edited:
:funny: i much preferred him as The Blob.

Did he die? Can't remember.

Would love for him to return as a Brotherhood recruit of Mags in the 70s

I think Sabretooth killed him in a deleted scene but they didn't show the whole killing process, Blob was already lying on the ground.

Juggernaut
Kayla Silverfox - Origins was full of meh characters but for some reason she annoyed me the most.
Angel - not as much the character herself, just her beyond-silly powers.
Storm - a combo of poor writing and poor casting. Bland at best.

My least favorites are these following because they were poorly written and/or miscast.

Rogue
Storm
Iceman
Pyro
Cyclops
Deathstrike
Callisto
Juggernaut
Kid Omega
Multiple Man
Pheonix

I also HATE Wolverine because he's stolen from everyone else and he's been shoved into our faces since X1.

Whoops...I picked my favorite of the film series :D. Misread the title of the thread.

Wolverine at the top because I'm sick of him.
Cyclops annoyed the hell out of me in the movies, but they never should have killed him in X3.
Callisto. Ugh.
Quill, awful.
Rogue. I love Rogue in the comics, but I HATE Anna Paquin as Rogue. It was just awful from X1 to X3. I'm glad she's out of DOFP.
I wish Halle Berry was a better actress, then I could really like Storm.
Angel in First Class was awful. I wish they chose a better character to be in the movie.

I voted rogue, but her, cyclops, and storm are all about equal for 1st. I can't really hate on any mutants that were only in one film because you never know what could have been in a second outing. After DoFP I could maybe add someone from FC times but I didn't have any problems with them and it seems the ones that were Kinda sucky aren't going to be there anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"