Sequels Who could play Henry Gyrich?

Hypestyle

Superhero
Reaction score
.. maybe Sean Penn, could be interesting.. the federal agent who hates superhumans..

I don't think Sean Penn would want to do it though :csad:

William H Macy would be interesting

I'd think David Caruso would be an obvious choice

93414__david_l.jpg

I'm pretty sure he was Senator Kelly's assistant that Mystique impersonated in the Helicopter. He was on screen maybe 30 seconds?

Aye, that would be annoying if they weren't allowed to use him in the MU, I didn't manage to get many avengers comics when i was wee, but one of my fav comics I happened to pick up at the local newsagents, was the Avengers one where Hawkeye tied Gyrich up, thinking he was a burglar, and then he revoked all of the Avenger's government priviledges.
The guy from Heroes who played Mr Bennett, would make a good Gyrich.

No one, as Marvel doesn't have the film rights to the character. Fox has them.

We(well I know) that fox has him. I'm sure this is just hypothetical. Rights not an issue, do you have a person in mind for Gyrich?

No one, as Marvel doesn't have the film rights to the character. Fox has them.
Marvel has the rights always. They license characters to these production companies, and since FOX hasn't used Henry Peter Gyrich since 1999 I'd be surprised if Marvel couldn't use him now. Part of the reason characters like Cyclops, Storm, Beast, Wolverine, Xavier and Gambit make cameos and appearances in movies like X-Men: First Class and Wolverine is so they can continue to use them.

Gyrich is tied up with the licenses to the whole X-Men franchise. As long as they're making X-Men movies they don't need to use him. They certainly don't have to worry about losing individual characters like that, because if that were the case they would've lost a bundle of characters years ago. It doesn't work like that. There's no individual Henry Peter Gyrich license, or Cyclops license, or Polaris license. There's just the overall X-Men/Mutant license which includes all of those characters. They either lose them all or they lose none, and so long as they're making X-Men movies they won't lose any.

Marvel has the rights always. They license characters to these production companies, and since FOX hasn't used Henry Peter Gyrich since 1999 I'd be surprised if Marvel couldn't use him now. Part of the reason characters like Cyclops, Storm, Beast, Wolverine, Xavier and Gambit make cameos and appearances in movies like X-Men: First Class and Wolverine is so they can continue to use them.

No, Marvel doesn't always have the rights. Sure they may put the "Marvel" logo before the film but that doesn't mean anything really as far as rights. X-men will be FOX's what seems like forever as they have the origins movies the original 3 and XFC. So anything that is under the x-men movie rights package (including gyrich) will be fox's until they stop making x-men movies.

Now Daredevil on the other hand, is close to reverting back to marvel, which is why there are now rumors of a reboot coming up so Fox can keep Daredevil. Other characters under the daredevil package are kingpin, ben urich, elektra, etc, etc.

Most of the time rights revert back because they haven't gotten a movie out in the specified time frame, but you can also buy back the rights, but its easier to hope for continual butchering of these other characters so they don't make enough money and they go back to where they belong.

Why would they even use Gyrich in the first place? There's absolutely no need. Given that the Avengers work directly for SHIELD, a "liason" would be unnecessary, doubly so since they have two formal SHIELD agents on the team itself. And even if they did need a liason, the logical choice would be Coulson, an existing character.

Well, if the Avengers had a falling out with Shield or if Nick Fury was deposed, Henry Gyrich could be a good way to add some tension.

Politically speaking, people may not want a liason who is too friendly with the Avengers so Coulson would be ruled out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"