Age of Ultron Who dies?

Ill be surprised if all of The Avengers live after facing ULTRON. Someones gonna kick the bucket.

If they 'kill' Cap, it would be great to see Bucky Cap come around after CA3.

I thought they were going to kill BW in The Winter Soldier from the previews before I saw TWS. Glad they didn't, but I think with they way they've built her character up since IM2, it could hold some weight with the audience if it is done right. Maybe paying Cap back at some point for him saving her at the bunker in TWS.. Full circle sort of thing.

Not going to happen. First, it would be the really obvious/cliched way to go. "Oh, let's kill off one of the Avengers who doesn't have their own movie." Second, with the complaints about the lack of female/minority superheroes in the MCU, I don't see them killing off one of only TWO female superheroes in the MCU. That wouldn't go over well and it only makes the problem worse.

Not going to happen. First, it would be the really obvious/cliched way to go. "Oh, let's kill off one of the Avengers who doesn't have their own movie." Second, with the complaints about the lack of female/minority superheroes in the MCU, I don't see them killing off one of only TWO female superheroes in the MCU. That wouldn't go over well and it only makes the problem worse.

If anything it'll probably be "Random HYDRA Agent #1" and "Random Hydra Agent #2" who dies.

The only alternative then is to kill off one of their main four money making characters (not just in films but in merchandise) which is far less likely to happen since this is first and foremost a business. That's why Feige said he's going the Bond route and re-casting.

That's why, IMO, this blood lust of needing or wanting a character to die in order for it be important is senseless and futile. And all the discussion ever amounts to is - "No, not my favorite", "No, he's too important", "No, it's a woman", "No, it's a minority", "No, he/she's not important enough."

That'd be the most stupidly obvious thing that they could do, and the least effective since he's barely appeared in the MCU thus far. So the impact would be quite limited.

either thor or the hulk. There would be a big impact if the team member that dies, happens to be their strongest.

You want to know who dies......ULTRON!!!
Why would you kill off walking $$$$ and spinoffs?
Coulson made sense dying.

Well Marvel seems afraid to kill anybody. If Ultron, does kill somebody they will probably end up coming back, miraculously.

Last edited:
Nobody will die. Marvel like to Pretend someone will die because it keeps people engaged in their movies. List of people almost snuffing it is growing. As many of you have said, to kill off an avenger is walking away from money attend of the day.
Even most of the seperate hero films of marvel create this buzz of "ooh he's gonna die in this one " because it keeps us all invested. They did it with Thor, they did it with cap, they did it with fury, they even resurrected a now tv character.

They won't kill hulk, hulk has finally been in a movie where people enjoyed him fully.

Nobody will die. Marvel like to Pretend someone will die because it keeps people engaged in their movies. List of people almost snuffing it is growing. As many of you have said, to kill off an avenger is walking away from money attend of the day.
Even most of the seperate hero films of marvel create this buzz of "ooh he's gonna die in this one " because it keeps us all invested. They did it with Thor, they did it with cap, they did it with fury, they even resurrected a now tv character.

This is true, it's all about $. Considering how well the relationship aspect works in the amazing Spiderman, the best thing about it. If Marvel had Spiderman I cannot imagine they would've done the scene like Sony did. Which was the right thing to do obviously.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been suggested, but...

Instead of "who dies" what if someone is sent away or taken out of the lineup (in the movie). I know people have talked about this on here before, but the theory of Hulk being sent into space or sent elsewhere by Ultron, thus setting up a Planet Hulk solo movie? - I'm not saying that is what will happen, just suggesting that instead of an Avenger dying, they just get sent elsewhere. The character isn't dead, but is gone, thus Marvel still has the character within the universe, but their impact in the movie is felt - just my thoughts on it...

I doubt it, mostly because I can't see them doing a Planet Hulk solo movie. Even assuming they stripped out all the crap from the plot, its still "John Carter, with an even bigger CGI budget."

If they make a new Hulk movie, its going to be on Earth. If that is a big hit, *then* they might consider sending him off to another planet, *maybe*. Or maybe not, if part of its success if Banner's chemistry with other ( Earth-resident ) characters.

Plus, a lot of what people loved about Hulk in the Avengers was Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner. I really like Planet Hulk, but it probably wouldn't work as a live-action movie for a number of reasons. One of these is that Banner barely appears at all in that story. So you'd have a Hulk movie where Ruffalo barely appears, which is a waste. Another problem is that it's expensive to do the effects for the Hulk. It's one of the reasons why all of the previous films used him sparingly and at select points. It's Banner for most of the movie, and then Hulk in 2-3 scenes sprinkled throughout the movie. To have a movie where it's 98-99% Hulk, along with an exotic alien planet, AND a bunch of alien creatures that would need even more effects, the movie would be ungodly expensive to make.

They won't kill hulk, hulk has finally been in a movie where people enjoyed him fully.

The Marvel folks took a meeting with Disney's top execs last week to talk about the characters from its movies who can be spun off into their own films. Bob Iger and Alan Horn have recently discussed spinning off supporting characters into solo franchises, assuring shareholders that Marvel will generate massive profits in perpetuity. Kevin Feige told Empire that death isn't permanent in comic books and the films will mirror that. (Except poor Frigga. She dead.)

So, they aren't going to be killing off any heroes, major or minor, who can potentially appear in other films. Bloodthirsty fans are going to be very frustrated by Marvel films. :cwink:

The only alternative then is to kill off one of their main four money making characters (not just in films but in merchandise) which is far less likely to happen since this is first and foremost a business. That's why Feige said he's going the Bond route and re-casting.

That's why, IMO, this blood lust of needing or wanting a character to die in order for it be important is senseless and futile. And all the discussion ever amounts to is - "No, not my favorite", "No, he's too important", "No, it's a woman", "No, it's a minority", "No, he/she's not important enough."

I personally favor the why does anyone have to die route.

I can see it happening. I mean I think it's unlikely just cause it seems quite early in the Universe to already kill someone but I think if Whedon wanted to (and he said himself if he were to kill someone off then he has to convince Marvel to, first, kill of a franchise) he could.

I mean look at Iron Man or Captain America. They today are huge Billion dollar franchises. But 10 years ago nobody would give a crap about them nor maybe know who they are? Marvel built them to franchises. They could do that with numerous other characters to fill in the Thor (or whoever) sized gap in their box office.

Plus, a lot of what people loved about Hulk in the Avengers was Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner. I really like Planet Hulk, but it probably wouldn't work as a live-action movie for a number of reasons. One of these is that Banner barely appears at all in that story. So you'd have a Hulk movie where Ruffalo barely appears, which is a waste. Another problem is that it's expensive to do the effects for the Hulk. It's one of the reasons why all of the previous films used him sparingly and at select points. It's Banner for most of the movie, and then Hulk in 2-3 scenes sprinkled throughout the movie. To have a movie where it's 98-99% Hulk, along with an exotic alien planet, AND a bunch of alien creatures that would need even more effects, the movie would be ungodly expensive to make.

Its part of why I assume that, if they actually did a Planet Hulk movie, there'd be two huge changes:

1. It would *not* be the heroes fault that Hulk gets stranded on another planet. Either some outright villain does it, or it happens as a result of an accident during some big battle. The entire "betrayed by your friends" angle gets dropped, and WWH along with it.

2. He would *not* be the Hulk all the time on barbarian world. Banner would have at least as much screen time, as this seemingly weak and puny, and yet shockingly not intimidated, new player trying to survive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"