Age of Ultron Who dies?

It's probably Hawkeye. He has the most useless skillset of any Avenger and he'll never get his own solo film. I'd bank on a Black Widow or War Machine film before Hawkeye gets one. Joss is probably going to flesh him out, make him likable and then get him killed by Ultron which will resolve the love triangle with Cap and Black Widow.

Yes, the master assassin who can hit any target with anything & could be used for infiltration missions is completely useless; & said character totally doesn't have a critically acclaimed comic series going on right now that could be used for a movie or show.

As for killing characters off, if Marvel wants the MCU to go on forever like the comics or James Bond, they need to avoid killing characters. If not, then we end up with a MCU with villains & heroes created for the movies because all of the other characters died. At most they should kill Nick Fury in Avengers 2 & Odin in Avengers 3 (by Thanos).

Yes, the master assassin who can hit any target with anything & could be used for infiltration missions is completely useless; & said character totally doesn't have a critically acclaimed comic series going on right now that could be used for a movie or show.
).

No matter how accurate Hawkeye is, he's always going to seem out of place in a group of characters with super powers and super tech, much like Green Arrow and the JLA. He was a waste of time in Avengers. His spot would have been better utilized with War Machine or by introducing another character previously and using that one.

I could use the argument of "It's not about the powers, it's about their character/personality"... But we haven't gotten to see enough of Hawkeye yet for his snarky personality to shine. :(

Well according to the casting notices, BW and HE will have crucial role in A2

I hope no one dies, at least nobody important.

I don't know why so many people expect/insist/hope that somebody has to die.The comics go on forever without certain characters dying.And as been pointed out countless times,they have every intention of recasting once RDJ,Evans,Hemsworth,Etc have called it a day.

I don't know why so many people expect/insist/hope that somebody has to die.The comics go on forever without certain characters dying.And as been pointed out countless times,they have every intention of recasting once RDJ,Evans,Hemsworth,Etc have called it a day.

You can recast all you want, but when you have an actual timeline, eventually time is going to catch up with them. This isn't the comic book world. They're films. The timeline of the MCU follows pretty closely to real time. Do you really expect them to keep making MCU movies into the 2040s when Stark would be in his 70s? This also isn't The Simpsons. You can't have Stark be 40 (ish) for 25 years.

Three, MAYBE four phases, end it, do something new and fresh a few years after it ends.

The MCU is Earth-199999. I'd say every 15 years or so, do a new film universe, all new stories, actors, some different characters, everything.

Just my opinion though.

I wouldn't mind to see Thor die. He can always be brought back through some magic mumbo jumbo.

Do people still make the whole "they shouldn't be on the team because they don't have powers" argument? That's the point of a team, you have badass normal interacting with superpowered beings. Having everyone have powers would be boring.

One does not simply kill The God of Thunder

I don't know why not, when there are a bunch or Thor-lite replacements waiting in the wings. They could bring in Beta Ray Bill, Eric whatisname and who knows who else to wield Mjolnir, just like the comics. Since Thor has so many potential successors it makes more sense to kill him off after Hemsworth's contract ends than any other Avenger.

Or they could just not, because it'd be a dumb idea. They've already said they will do recasting when it comes to it; why is this such a hard idea to accept?

I'm only suggesting Thor, because there are a lot more ways to bring him back, without it seeming far fetched. And I think it'd up the stakes, if you see one of the Avenger's big guns going down.

I like the send the Hulk in space & on top of it have the bad guy do it. Get rid of one of The Avengers big guns without killing him & they are potentially screwed either way. The Hulk seems easiest for the Han Solo route without actually killing anybody & he gets his own franchise before returning & in The Avengers 3 it gives them a chance with someone new

Last edited:
You can recast all you want, but when you have an actual timeline, eventually time is going to catch up with them. This isn't the comic book world. They're films. The timeline of the MCU follows pretty closely to real time. Do you really expect them to keep making MCU movies into the 2040s when Stark would be in his 70s? This also isn't The Simpsons. You can't have Stark be 40 (ish) for 25 years.

Three, MAYBE four phases, end it, do something new and fresh a few years after it ends.

The MCU is Earth-199999. I'd say every 15 years or so, do a new film universe, all new stories, actors, some different characters, everything.

Just my opinion though.
Why not?It works in the comics,it worked for james bond.I like the idea of a series where things aren't rebooted every 7-10 years.

Again,they already have plans to recast,so there's no real discussion to begin with.

I'm only suggesting Thor, because there are a lot more ways to bring him back, without it seeming far fetched. And I think it'd up the stakes, if you see one of the Avenger's big guns going down.

Problem is Thor was already "killed" in his own movie.I doubt they'll go back to that.

For some reason, I could see Natasha or Fury dying.

Especially Fury.

I wouldn't care to see anyone die. Especially since they would most likely bring em back later on. That being done to Coulson was enough.

Also, a lot of fans want to see the rotted goat Beta Ray Bill. So killing Thor, however temporarily, will be a chance to give them their wish. Then, when they see the full horror of it, they'll be anxious to have the true Asgardian back in his franchise. It worked in the comics (somewhat).

TBH, I suggest Thor because I'm tired of seeing anyone suggested for sacrifice because certain people feel they're disposable. Thor actually has been deposed from his own series in the comics, more than once and by more than one other imposter. It's no more out of the realm of possibility for Thor to die and be replaced than any other Avenger.

Yet I don't want him or anyone else on the team to die, especially not to make room for another character. It simply is not necessary when their absences can be explained in logical ways. Deaths are not needed to "prove the threat is serious," either. If that were the case I'd expect a major character to die in every action movie or episode of a crime drama. Putting characters in meaningful, believable peril and then having them fight their way out of it is a way to up the stakes. Killing off supporting characters and civilians or causing mass destruction is another.

Problem is Thor was already "killed" in his own movie.I doubt they'll go back to that.

This. And he died several times in the comics, too. It's getting boring. If they bring him back again Thor's death will have no impact to the audience. It's more like "Who cares, he will be back."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"