Who do you want to see as Captain Marvel? - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Paul Rudd is 46 so yeah...all this Charlize is too old to start her own franchise stuff is a thing that I don't buy. It's not like Theron doesn't take care of herself.

Also Paul Rudd is 46 so yeah...all this Charlize is too old to start her own franchise stuff is a thing that I don't buy. It's not like Theron doesn't take care of herself.

I agree with others when they say she'd probably command too much money (though I see that as short sighted on Marvel's part if it's true) and that she wouldn't really want to commit to a multi picture deal AND that she'd just shred as the Enchantress.

Yeah I don't think Theron is going to be Captain Marvel but I'm just saying that age has nothing to do with it.

she'd just shred as the Enchantress.

but wouldn't that seem a little too similar to the Evil Queen in some regards? I mean, I didn't watch that movie so I don't know how she portrayed her, but I imagine there was some level of the whole evil, magical, seductress thing involved

maybe Moonstone??

also, it just occurred that Mystique started out as a Ms Marvel villain... I could just see Marvel taking another swipe at Fox and putting a more comic accurate Raven in the movie
lol

but wouldn't that seem a little too similar to the Evil Queen in some regards? I mean, I didn't watch that movie so I don't know how she portrayed her, but I imagine there was some level of the whole evil, magical, seductress thing involved

maybe Moonstone??

also, it just occurred that Mystique started out as a Ms Marvel villain... I could just see Marvel taking another swipe at Fox and putting a more comic accurate Raven in the movie
lol

Yeah....Snow White and the Huntsman....yup......loved her and want to see her in a similar role again. :shrug: Come to think of it, we're getting another look at her as Ravenna. And, Jessica Chastain AND Emily Blunt AND no Kristen Stewart :woo: . Imagine that.

I wish there could be more X-men crossovers in MCU as it would make for a better CM. Don't know what they can and can't do with regard to Rogue and so forth.

I'd prefer that someone like Eva Green or Natalie Dormer play The Enchantress myself.

Awesome! Captain Marvel, Thanos, and The Collector all in one film. :)

Oh yeah...........

Hey, where's my Rocket icon???

2 out of 3 isn't bad....3 out of 3 would be very cool. I really think Blunt has a very, very good shot at this. She probably would have been cast as BW so she's on Marvel's radar, she's a very good actor who I think is capable of carrying a movie, and she's getting these "I'll kick you frelling @$$ roles" recently. Sicario is one I'm definitely going to see. Got my old Burn Notice buddy (Jeffrey Donovan) in it too. An underrated actor in my book. I hope he has a good role in this movie and gets a chance to show what he's got.

I'd prefer that someone like Eva Green or Natalie Dormer play The Enchantress myself.

I agree with you on Dormer. That crooked smirk of hers would work so well for an evil villainess.

Blunt looks badass in the new Sicario trailer x
she's still my #1 pick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tzpYbfoknw

That looks pretty sweet, great cast
and Blunt is definitely a rising action star, which is probably just silly to her and her husband
she looks a little goofy in all that combat gear, but pretty much so does everyone

and inCali, I agree about Jeffrey Donovan, glad to see he's getting movie roles and not just DUI's :woot:

I agree, Vikings is 100% why I think this, so it's super unimaginative, but whatever - Katheryn Winnick seems like a much better fit for Valkyrie than Carol to me.

I know this isn't Marvel, and I don't want start anything, but I have to say what I've been saying for years. Katheryn Winnick is absolutely 100% perfect for Black Canary.

Now, as for Carol. Emily Blunt. Duh. :woot:

I know this isn't Marvel, and I don't want start anything, but I have to say what I've been saying for years. Katheryn Winnick is absolutely 100% perfect for Black Canary.
Can't disagree there. :up:

So, according to IMDB, Yvonne Strahovski will be staring in a couple of films later this year. I searched for trailers on youtube, but found nothing. I did however find Captain Marvel doing the Ice Bucket Challenge.

[YT]t8TJwWpkYhc[/YT]

Not what I was looking for, but I'll take it. :cwink:

Last edited:
Taylor Schilling will forever be my choice.

taylor-schilling-photos3.jpg

So, according to IMDB, Yvonne Strahovski will be staring in a couple of films later this year. I searched for trailers on youtube, but found nothing. I did however find Captain Marvel doing the Ice Bucket Challenge.

[YT]t8TJwWpkYhc[/YT]

Fixed your video. In the future, when posting from YouTube, don't paste the entire URL in the tags - only copy/paste the part that comes after the "v=" into the YT tags for it to work properly. :)

She definitely wouldn't be a bad choice, but I have yet to be convinced that she'd be a very good one.

I'm happy to see some Taylor Schilling love. I think she has the charisma to pull off the character!

[YT]t8TJwWpkYhc[/YT]

I'm really interested in seeing both Manhattan Nocturne and All I See is You (didn't know about the latter til just now). In MN, she plays a seductive beauty....I'm not sure she's really right for that role. :o:o

In the other movie, she's alongside Blake Lively which I think may prove very interesting.

I'd like to see her seriously considered for the CM role, but want to see her in some movies to get a better idea of how I think she'd do.

If she ever needs someone else to pour ice water on her while she's in a bikini, I'll volunteer to help her out. Malibu is only about 20 minutes away and I try to be nice to people and helpful whenever possible.

EDIT: Glad to see she's getting work.

EDIT(2): Holy $#!t, I saw the Kimmel interview with Yvonne and the body painting photoshoot she did. Oh good Lord....I should have taken art more seriously when I was in school.

Last edited:
I'm so glad other people have said Taylor schilling. The moment I watched Orange is the new black I thought she looked exactly like Kelly sue deconnicks version of captain marvel plus she has just that little bit of a quentin Tarantino screen legend look about her as well.

She would be an amazing carol

I'm so glad other people have said Taylor schilling. The moment I watched Orange is the new black I thought she looked exactly like Kelly sue deconnicks version of captain marvel plus she has just that little bit of a quentin Tarantino screen legend look about her as well.

I guess differences are what makes life interesting. As someone once said "If you have all the same answers as I do, one of us isn't necessary". :woot:

I'm less worried about what someone looks like (that's why god created make up people) than their ability to carry a movie. Not really impressed with Taylor. I don't think she's horrible, I'm just not really impressed. Maybe I'll see her in something that makes me stop and do a double take.

This is a very brief but interesting clip of an interview with Kevin Feige from the Ant Man Thread.

FEIGE: Yeah, I mean we know that pretty much already. But it is fun in casting to think, like for instance, we were casting Peter Quill. We wanted somebody that could carry Guardians, somebody that could surprise audiences and be that charming Star-Lord character. But also we’d always say, some day maybe he’ll have to go head-to-head with Downey.

Someday she (CM) will probably have to go head to head with Downey also and the later characters (like CM) are going to have to carry that torch. Better find some really strong player in the acting dept for CM. Boseman and Cumberbatch are, I think, a good start for their movies. I have some concerns about people like Winnick, Taylor, and, even the one I find the most charming of the entire list, Yvonne Strahovski (I would "probably" cast Blunt before all the above as she has a proven track record and I think the role fits her well).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"