Who do you want to see as Captain Marvel? - Part 2

Discussion in 'Captain Marvel' started by Thread Manager, Jun 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

Yeah, Jessica Jones is a great character/show, and SW certainly has potential - hopefully she'll have a bigger role in future MCU movies.

2. Wildcard

Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

On the note of Marvel handling their female characters better, even though she didn't don a suit, I thought Hope was written extremely well & was a very multi-layered character in Ant-Man. I doubt they'll put any less effort in CM, especially given how they're taking their time putting everything together.

3. Mike5575

Mike5575 I'm the Captain now!

The Russo Brothers said they would be filming both films concurrently. So Carol will be cast early just to appear in Infinity War, period.

Now on to some bad news:

Captain Marvel Screenwriters still have barely started on the script:

http://deadline.com/2016/02/oscars-meg-lefauve-inside-out-best-original-screenplay-interview-1201704235/

Do you guys remember when her movie was postponed again for an Ant-Man sequel back in October? Well, one of the screenwriters said they haven't even started on a script then. The next month, we find out they finally started. Now, three months later, no progress has been made. This has me worried. It takes MONTHS to pen a script and even longer to make revisions. Maybe it's nothing, but so far, we've gotten nothing but bad news regarding Captain Marvel. I really, really wish Nicole and Megan would not speak of any progress they've made unless they actually make some progress.

:rant::mad:

4. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Registered

No one has at all said she would appear in Infinity War.

5. Mike5575

Mike5575 I'm the Captain now!

It's largely assumed. I don't think Marvel planned for a movie featuring a powerful cosmic superhero sandwiched in between a massive two part Avengers movie focused on a cosmic event. Besides, Kevin Feige said that he had plans for Captain Marvel in "other phase 3 films."

6. FluxCapacitor

FluxCapacitor Registered

7. InCali

InCali I got a pUpgrade!

I was reading (forget where) that the writers were really struggling with the script. I don't say that's a bad thing. I've done some writing myself and it is a labor or love. The more you love it, the more you struggle with it. People should read the preface to the Charles Dickens version of David Copperfield. He compares his books to children and having created a family. It's quite touching and man could that guy ever write.

They also seem to have gotten a late start on it. Maybe they were just tied up with other things pre-November? Maybe they took a while working through ideas?

8. InCali

InCali I got a pUpgrade!

9. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

The release date is March 2019, meaning it won't start filming 'til early 2018, meanig it's still 2 years away from needing a script. Not late at all.

10. InCali

InCali I got a pUpgrade!

I just remember they hired the writers around April??? 2015 and as of Sept/Oct, nothing had been done. It wasn't so much that I felt that they were running out of time or anything. I think I was just antsy for them to start the script and then heard they were struggling. Not to worry. I have a lot of confidence in them. I'm hoping they pull of a kicks screenplay.

11. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Yeah. Part of the hold up might be waiting to see how the IW scripts shake out (if she's in there, and she probably is) so they can accomodate that. There wouldn't be a point in them diving into writing if they might have to scrap it all because it doesn't fit with IW.

12. AndrewGilkison

AndrewGilkison Registered

13. BatsDC

BatsDC Side-Kicker

I hope Blunt does get it...

But I'm really warming up to the idea of Jessica Chastain too

14. FluxCapacitor

FluxCapacitor Registered

Jessica Chastain was excellent in The Martian.

#964 FluxCapacitor, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  15. harryoscop

harryoscop Registered

My main problem with Jessica Chastain is her age..

16. InCali

InCali I got a pUpgrade!

I don't see that as a problem anymore than I do with Theron. They can easily play someone in their 30's and will be able to do so for quite some time IMO. My main issue with Chastain is that she doesn't LOOK like Carol (to me). I mean, I'm sure it wouldn't be that big of an issue, but I don't visualize her as Carol Medusa, yes, Carol, no....:shrug:

17. Snow Queen

She wouldn't be my first pick, but I'm not sure why her age is an issue. Chadwick Boseman is older than her, maybe I missed people calling his age an issue.

18. Majik1387

Majik1387 Registered

Age is only an issue for the small-minded.

19. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Registered

She'll be near the same age as Robert Downey Jr. was for his first film but still younger. While I'd personally say low to mid 30s, 40 is not bad.

20. flickchick85

She's not my top choice but she'd be good. Her age is fine, imo.

21. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Registered

...but franchise... women... age...:o

22. harryoscop

harryoscop Registered

Carol wasn't 40 years old when she got infused with Kree DNA, nor was she 40 when she rose through the ranks of the Air force.. That's the difference between her and Stark/RDJ. I'd say she's a lot more comparable to Chris Evans, Chris Phratt and Chris Hemsworth than RDJ.

Emily Blunt and Rosamund Pike would both be great choices imo.

23. flickchick85

Cap was in his 20's when he volunteered for the experiment - a young guy just trying to get into the fight. Carol is a seasoned military career woman when she gets her powers. NOT the same, imo, and definitely more comparable to Tony than the other two I'd say. I agree about Emily and Rosamund, but Jessica and Rosamund are only a year apart in age so I'm not really seeing the great divide there.

24. SoNicRaDiATioN

SoNicRaDiATioN Registered

I see Brie is on the poll.....Having just watched Room I think she would be incredible as Carol.

25. flickchick85

My top choice if they do go "young." She would be excellent (and a plus for the "buzz," she's almost certainly about to be an Oscar-winner). :up:

#975 flickchick85, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.