Who do you want to see as Captain Marvel? - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like this. I mean, I don't think it's necessary to make so many changes to the basics of her origin (like she could still get her powers from a freak accident/explosion of a Kree device, and the Kree could still be antagonists instead of allies), but I'd be perfectly happy if it played out this way, too. :up:

I think you might be onto something with the escalation to war between the Nova and Kree after the Ronan incident. I hadn't really thought about that, but I don't imagine they would have just played nice after the events of GotG. Nice touch including Helen Cho, as well. I do hope she becomes a recurring character throughout the MCU.

Well, the last paragraph was a bit rushed, but just because the Kree are allies, that doesn't make them friends. ;)

Anyways, After the Kree help the Avengers defeat Thanos, they tell the Avengers they will be taking possession of the Infinity Stone. It will be safer in their hands(like, yeah right!). The Guardians warn the Avengers that the Kree are not to be trusted, Thor can of course attest to this and a brief fight ensues. The Kree take the infinity stone, and leave, but Thor manages to knock down a Kree Scoutship out of the sky. The Guardians go after them, but after they leave the solar system, Quill's ship breaks down. SABATOGE! Rocket can fix it, but it will take some time. They warn the Avengers that they can no longer pursue, but they know where the Kree are heading. They tell the Avengers that if they could possibly reverse-engineer the Kree Scout-ship they could go after them. It may take too long. Carol, with her Captain Marvel uniform on, approaches the ship, and it starts coming to life, she also starts having flashes, memories not her own, the memories of Mar-Vell! She steps inside the ship, and using Mar-Vell's memories, she's able to fix the craft, but something strange happens. The hatch closes and launches her to space!

This may seem a bit convoluted, but the challenge is making it a Captain Marvel film, while still being connected to the MCU. I don't think Carol will be with the Guardians in her movie, and will later hook up with the Guardians in IW2. All of this can only be referenced to without actually showing the Avengers. The fight with the Kree, the Guardians being sabotaged, could be the end of Infinity War I. The Captain Marvel movie has her being drawn to this downed Kree scoutship because of her quasi-Kree DNA; much in the same way that the Inhumans are drawn to the diviner/obelisk on Agents of Shield. She enters the ship, fixes it using Mar-Vell's memories, and it takes off into space automatically.

Carol could capture the Kree Warship in her movie and use it as a SWORD Space Station orbiting Earth.

I agree, I liked Helen Cho, and would love to see more of her. They could use her expertise when they find out about the Inhumans. Its nice to know she's sticking around, even though Thor's gone back to Asgard. :cwink:

Here's Rebecca Ferguson as a blonde:

I would highly recommend The White Queen to those who are just discovering her. While I was a fan of her's even before MI, I never really thought of her for Carol because she's just way too unknown. But now with her new exposure to the GA because of MI, she would definitely be on casting agents' radars.

Here's Rebecca Ferguson as a blonde:

I would highly recommend The White Queen to those who are just discovering her. While I was a fan of her's even before MI, I never really thought of her for Carol because she's just way too unknown. But now with her new exposure to the GA because of MI, she would definitely be on casting agents' radars.

I'll definitely check it out. She doesn't look blonde in the picture, but she'll do fine as such. Not an issue. She moved way up on my Carol Danvers radar after seeing her in MIRN. I think she has the right amount of empathy, courage, character, etc. to be a fine CM. Looking forward to White Queen. I see it's on Prime. Correct?

CBqWerD.jpg

After Mad Max, I want no other than Charlize Theron.

After Mad Max, I want no other than Charlize Theron.

She is SUCH a good actor (I've said before I think that, as an actor, she's the best on this list) and SO ridiculously good looking that it would be difficult to not think she could pull it off in spades. As others have stated , she probably has maybe one or two options in the industry :o and might very well be unwilling to sign on to a multi picture deal.

My comment on Mad Max; How can someone with a shaved head, grease all over her face, one arm, face swollen and bloodied be THAT beautiful???

EDIT: Also there was a quote by Feige (I think) where part fo the discussion was "She may have to go face to face with Downey at some point". Marvel needs a pro for this role. Blunt could do it. I'm enthralled with Ferguson. Theron is a given. There are others out there, even unknowns, who could surprise. I'm willing to give Marvel the benefit of the doubt as their judgement has been pretty spot on so far, but this person is going to have to CARRY a movie and maybe some Avengers movies in the future.

Last edited:
I really think if blunt wants it, she will get it. Shes the right age; She's not so expensive that marvel couldn't afford her and she really needs a lead role that will take her career to the next level.

I really think if blunt wants it, she will get it. Shes the right age; She's not so expensive that marvel couldn't afford her and she really needs a lead role that will take her career to the next level.

I think she's probably the favorite for some of the reasons you stated (though age AHHHH....EDIT: AGE ISN'T SOMETHING I'D CONCERN MYSELF WITH IF I WERE CONSIDERING CHARLIZE!!!something I'd concern myself with if I were considering Charlize). Plus, she is a very fine actor. Edge of Tomorrow really cemented her as someone who could pull off the role.

Last edited:
Well, the last paragraph was a bit rushed, but just because the Kree are allies, that doesn't make them friends. ;)

Anyways, After the Kree help the Avengers defeat Thanos, they tell the Avengers they will be taking possession of the Infinity Stone. It will be safer in their hands(like, yeah right!). The Guardians warn the Avengers that the Kree are not to be trusted, Thor can of course attest to this and a brief fight ensues. The Kree take the infinity stone, and leave, but Thor manages to knock down a Kree Scoutship out of the sky. The Guardians go after them, but after they leave the solar system, Quill's ship breaks down. SABATOGE! Rocket can fix it, but it will take some time. They warn the Avengers that they can no longer pursue, but they know where the Kree are heading. They tell the Avengers that if they could possibly reverse-engineer the Kree Scout-ship they could go after them. It may take too long. Carol, with her Captain Marvel uniform on, approaches the ship, and it starts coming to life, she also starts having flashes, memories not her own, the memories of Mar-Vell! She steps inside the ship, and using Mar-Vell's memories, she's able to fix the craft, but something strange happens. The hatch closes and launches her to space!

This may seem a bit convoluted, but the challenge is making it a Captain Marvel film, while still being connected to the MCU. I don't think Carol will be with the Guardians in her movie, and will later hook up with the Guardians in IW2. All of this can only be referenced to without actually showing the Avengers. The fight with the Kree, the Guardians being sabotaged, could be the end of Infinity War I. The Captain Marvel movie has her being drawn to this downed Kree scoutship because of her quasi-Kree DNA; much in the same way that the Inhumans are drawn to the diviner/obelisk on Agents of Shield. She enters the ship, fixes it using Mar-Vell's memories, and it takes off into space automatically.

Carol could capture the Kree Warship in her movie and use it as a SWORD Space Station orbiting Earth.

I agree, I liked Helen Cho, and would love to see more of her. They could use her expertise when they find out about the Inhumans. Its nice to know she's sticking around, even though Thor's gone back to Asgard. :cwink:
That would certainly be an intriguing direction for them to take it. :up:

I did miss that, thanks for sharing flickchick!
No problem. :yay:

Last edited:
A big NO vote from me for Ferguson as Carol Danvers. I honestly don't know what people saw in her in MI5, but her acting was completely robotic and her face doesn't change no matter what the scene. Maybe we're just so desperate for an action movie actress that the first one we see in some well choreographed (and likely stunt doubled) action scenes, we go bananas. I saw her in The Rock's Hercules and she was as emotionless and uninspired there as she was in MI5.

Maybe we're just so desperate for an action movie actress that the first one we see in some well choreographed (and likely stunt doubled) action scenes, we go bananas.
OR we just genuinely liked her performance. :)

I liked her performance, I didn't see a robotic performance. Furthermore all actors have stunt doubles so of course the actress in question had one. She's not really a secret agent, duh.

I liked her performance, I didn't see a robotic performance. Furthermore all actors have stunt doubles so of course the actress in question had one. She's not really a secret agent, duh.

Wow, Spidey, you ruined that film for me. What's next, are you going to say that Henry Cavill can't actually fly, lift rockets and shoot lasers from his eyes? I don't know what I'm supposed to believe anymore.

Or that Christian Bale didn't actually drive the Tumbler? Oh my, I'm completely shocked. Can you see the shocked look on my face? ;)

Not everyone is as insane as Tom Cruise (not that I'm complaining, it makes him fun to watch).

I just don't want Carol to be a pretty, token blonde girl with a pretty face. She's old school, military, a tough ol' broad who can hold her own with the boys.

Whoever they cast, I hope she can embody all of that. Carol needs to be more than a cheerleader.

Whatever appeal Ferguson's character has, I would credit that to the writing more than her acting. And yeah, she's easy on the eyes, but so are at least half the women on that poll list above. My comment regarding the stunt work was that credit goes more to the choreographers and stunt crew rather than Ferguson herself. They could've cast anyone and still pulled off the same fight scenes. All I'm saying is, once I looked past the action sequences, I was not impressed with her, and most certainly not in a titular role.

Well I personally thought her acting was great. She conveyed a lot with her facial expressions, imo. I love that look she gives him as she drives away on the motorcycle, and pretty much all of her conversations with Lane where she's trying to maintain her cool and the upper hand in a situation that's increasingly getting away from her by the minute. For me it was a very nuanced, emotive performance.

I just don't want Carol to be a pretty, token blonde girl with a pretty face. She's old school, military, a tough ol' broad who can hold her own with the boys.

Whoever they cast, I hope she can embody all of that. Carol needs to be more than a cheerleader.

Carol should be smokin hot, funny, smart, sassy, cocky, tough, loyal, and a little angry.

"Being military" is not a personality trait.

Just a quick reminder of one of the reasons why Katheryn Winnick remains my favorite for the role:
814399_762x762.jpg

Pretty much EVERY review, be it professional or fan-made, have singled out her performance for praise. People online and the GA as well. But hey, I just none of those people know what they're talking about, third3ye said so.

Just a quick reminder of one of the reasons why Katheryn Winnick remains my favorite for the role:
814399_762x762.jpg

If Winnick is cast as Captain Marvel, she'll show them she doesn't even need to bulk up for the role by picking up some guy and throwing him across the room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"