Who do you want to see as Captain Marvel? - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved her on Happy Endings, but Carol needs some gravitas, and Cuthbert has none of that, imo.

Yeah 24 is where that "gravitas" red flag first came up with her, lol.

And you just reminded me of this little gem:

OK. After watching that, I'm going to have to vote "no". I'm thinking that Blunt, Theron, and Pike (and you can throw in Strahovski if you want) might be slightly better actors and more suited to the role.

Yeah 24 is where that "gravitas" red flag first came up with her, lol.

And you just reminded me of this little gem:

Wow, LOL!

OK. After watching that, I'm going to have to vote "no". I'm thinking that Blunt, Theron, and Pike (and you can throw in Strahovski if you want) might be slightly better actors and more suited to the role.

Speaking of Strahovski, she still hasn't been announced for anything during the network pilot season. If she does, that would pretty much take her out of the running.

Speaking of Strahovski, she still hasn't been announced for anything during the network pilot season. If she does, that would pretty much take her out of the running.

Well, she could make a pilot but it's not successful so it ends up a one-off episode. That would free her up for anything else. A pilot isn't a commitment to a series yet.

But maybe she hasn't announced anything because she has tried to clear her schedule for movies.

Wow, LOL!

I kind of don't think she's probably in the running anyway, but what I know about this could sit easily on the head of a pin.

That video was difficult to watch.....

I kind of don't think she's probably in the running anyway, but what I know about this could sit easily on the head of a pin.

That video was difficult to watch.....

While Strahovski likely is a long shot for Captain Marvel, I'm hoping that she doesn't have to settle for a show like NCIS (which is casting a new female lead) or another crime procedural. Most of those roles are so limiting and repetitive.

Well, she could make a pilot but it's not successful so it ends up a one-off episode. That would free her up for anything else. A pilot isn't a commitment to a series yet.

But maybe she hasn't announced anything because she has tried to clear her schedule for movies.

Maybe. She has one movie in post production, but I haven't heard of any new projects announced for her. She doesn't seem to be getting a lot of movie work these days. I wish she would. I'd like to see how she does.

While Strahovski likely is a long shot for Captain Marvel, I'm hoping that she doesn't have to settle for a show like NCIS (which is casting a new female lead) or another crime procedural. Most of those roles are so limiting and repetitive.

I didn't know that. I vaguely remember new girl leaving or something. I think that show has kind of run its course.

I hope she can find something meatier also. She seems so likable that I can't help but root for her.

Loved her in Astronaut Wives and her and Odette Annabele were standouts.

Good point. They do recast pilots later on too. Yeah, I think Yvonne might be going for movies right now. Her new movie with Blake Lively has some potential, and was one of the hot titles at Cannes last year.

After the Oscars though, I think Brie Larson will be at the top of Marvel's list for the role.

Good point. They do recast pilots later on too. Yeah, I think Yvonne might be going for movies right now. Her new movie with Blake Lively has some potential, and was one of the hot titles at Cannes last year.

After the Oscars though, I think Brie Larson will be at the top of Marvel's list for the role.

I don't see it, but what I know could...... :cwink:

Maybe. She has one movie in post production, but I haven't heard of any new projects announced for her. She doesn't seem to be getting a lot of movie work these days. I wish she would. I'd like to see how she does.

Yvonne has Manhattan Nocturne coming out on May 20 (VOD and select theaters), and All I See is You, which will likely be on the film festival circuit (maybe Cannes or Toronto?) Of the two films, All I See is You seems much more promising. She just needs that one film role to get her noticed, and I hope this one is it. It always seems to work that way (Rosamund Pike in Gone Girl, Amy Adams in Junebug, Jessica Chastain in The Help, etc).

I didn't know that. I vaguely remember new girl leaving or something. I think that show has kind of run its course.

I hope she can find something meatier also. She seems so likable that I can't help but root for her.

TVLine reported that NCIS is hiring two new leads (one female, late 30's and one male, unknown). Supposedly, they want a film actress whose career has slowed down a bit. Yvonne wouldn't qualify then. I think they'll likely cast someone like Kate Hudson, Drew Barrymore, or Alicia Silverstone.

But yeah, I'm not really a fan of NCIS (my parents love it). Those shows are so limiting acting wise. The actors from these shows tend to struggle afterwards (Cote de Pablo has averaged less than one acting job per year since leaving NCIS).

Last edited:
Yvonne has Manhattan Nocturne coming out on May 20 (VOD and select theaters), and All I See is You, which will likely be on the film festival circuit (maybe Cannes or Toronto?) Of the two films, All I See is You seems much more promising. She just needs that one film role to get her noticed, and I hope this one is it. It always seems to work that way (Rosamund Pike in Gone Girl, Amy Adams in Junebug, Jessica Chastain in The Help, etc).

TVLine reported that NCIS is hiring two new leads (one female, late 30's and one male, unknown). Supposedly, they want a film actress whose career has slowed down a bit. Yvonne wouldn't qualify then. I think they'll likely cast someone like Kate Hudson, Drew Barrymore, or Alicia Silverstone.

But yeah, I'm not really a fan of NCIS (my parents love it). Those shows are so limiting acting wise. The actors from these shows tend to struggle afterwards (Cote de Pablo has averaged less than one acting job per year since leaving NCIS).

Manhattan Nocturne has been on the shelf for about a year. I've been waiting for the release date and don't understand why it took them so long. Agree with regard to All I See is You. It'll be interesting to see her and Blake Lively on the screen together. I guess the same could be said for her and Adrien Brody also.

EDIT: Maybe if she kills it in one, or both, of those roles, it would help her chances for CM. Who knows?

Manhattan Nocturne has been on the shelf for about a year. I've been waiting for the release date and don't understand why it took them so long. Agree with regard to All I See is You. It'll be interesting to see her and Blake Lively on the screen together. I guess the same could be said for her and Adrien Brody also.

EDIT: Maybe if she kills it in one, or both, of those roles, it would help her chances for CM. Who knows?

According to the director's blog, post production on Manhattan Nocturne wasn't completed until October. Cinando listed the film as being in the lineup at Cannes, Toronto, and AFM (where they likely showed footage). I think a VOD release is what most people expected for this film.

All I See is You could be amazing. I think Blake Lively is underrated as an actress and she's a much bigger draw right now than Brody. Yvonne's role could be interesting, since the movie is described as a psychological romantic thriller. I hope her character winds up betraying Blake's character (it would rock if she wound up being the villain).

Last edited:
According to the director's blog, post production on Manhattan Nocturne wasn't completed until October. Cinando listed the film as being in the lineup at Cannes, Toronto, and AFM (where they likely showed footage). I think a VOD release is what most people expected for this film.

All I See is You could be amazing. I think Blake Lively is underrated as an actress and she's a much bigger draw right now than Brody. Yvonne's role could be interesting, since the movie is described as a psychological romantic thriller. I hope her character winds up betraying Blake's character (it would rock if she wound up being the villain).

Hey. Nice work. I poked around and couldn't find much other than the release date was undetermined (for a long, long time). I think maybe you missed your calling in life as a reporter???

Wish they had cast me for the male lead in All I See is You....I think I would have been terrific...... :csad:

Hey. Nice work. I poked around and couldn't find much other than the release date was undetermined (for a long, long time). I think maybe you missed your calling in life as a reporter???

Wish they had cast me for the male lead in All I See is You....I think I would have been terrific...... :csad:

LOL. Jason Clarke was probably very happy with the casting of Blake, Yvonne, and Ahna O'Reilly in that film. :woot:

BTW, here is a link to the Manhattan Nocturne director's blog.
http://decubellisfilms.com/blog

LOL. Jason Clarke was probably very happy with the casting of Blake, Yvonne, and Ahna O'Reilly in that film. :woot:

BTW, here is a link to the Manhattan Nocturne director's blog.
http://decubellisfilms.com/blog

Ya think? I saw Yvonne doing an interview talking about the shoot she did where she had to have her whole body painted. That must have been pretty weird for her. The shoot itself was pretty amazing. I guess if I was an artist, that would have been a pretty good gig. Bet he got paid a lot too.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Are we talking about that sexy shoot she did for that water thing where she was nude while bodypainted?

Are we talking about that sexy shoot she did for that water thing where she was nude while bodypainted?

Yeah. It (and she) was beautiful. I don't remember too many details about the painting, but they painted leaves and so forth on her and she posed next to various plants and stuff. I just remember being pretty wowed by it.

Here's a link....what a horrible way for an artist to make a living. I'm blocked at work from getting to the original page. LOL.

https://www.google.com/search?q=yvo...=W-fZVsaoGMrt-AHMy6m4BQ#imgrc=iLNdFDrqE0b9CM:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"