Who do you want to see as Captain Marvel? - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what's with this secret pact people keep talking about?

I have no idea what you're talking about... ;)

The first rule of the Super Secret Brie Larson Picture Posting Pact is that you do not talk about the Super Secret Brie Larson Picture Picture Pact. The second rule of the Super Secret Brie Larson Picture Posting Pact is...

e22470a071.jpeg

Last edited:
...Aaand I've suddenly realized how many irrelevant filler pages this thread is gonna have if the deal doesn't go through for some reason and she ultimately isn't cast, lol.

Still several weeks 'til SDCC....I'll consider it a minor miracle if we hear another peep before then.

...Aaand I've suddenly realized how many irrelevant filler pages this thread is gonna have if the deal doesn't go through for some reason and she ultimately isn't cast, lol.

Still several weeks 'til SDCC....I'll consider it a minor miracle if we hear another peep before then.

Yeah, I don't think we'll get anything official until SDCC, though I wouldn't rule out someone at the trades reporting on the casting if they get a solid source confirming that it's definitely a done deal and set in stone.

EDIT: I have a lot of faith in the people who have reported on it thus far though... One of which also reported on Kurt Russel being pursued by Marvel for GOTG 2. This individual also said they've heard it is all but a done deal with Brie. Something major will have had to go wrong for her not to be the one who gets cast.

Last edited:

Yeah. I understand we have nothing else to talk about but, holy crap, can we cool it with the pictures?

Yeah, I don't think we'll get anything official until SDCC, though I wouldn't rule out someone at the trades reporting on the casting if they get a solid source confirming that it's definitely a done deal and set in stone.

EDIT: I have a lot of faith in the people who have reported on it thus far though... One of which also reported on Kurt Russel being pursued by Marvel for GOTG 2. This individual also said they've heard it is all but a done deal with Brie. Something major will have had to go wrong for her not to be the one who gets cast.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time someone was hired but the deal fell through for whatever reason. Need I remind you of BW with the Emily Blunt situation.

It's very likely going to happen but some are kinda counting the eggs before they're hatched.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time someone was hired but the deal fell through for whatever reason. Need I remind you of BW with the Emily Blunt situation.

It's very likely going to happen but some are kinda counting the eggs before they're hatched.

Even though Emily was offered the role, she was never actually signed for Black Widow. She was in talks with Marvel and a contract was being negotiated. Unfortunately, she had already signed on for Gulliver's Travels and that production would not let her out of her contract. At that point, the deal she was negotiating with Marvel fell apart and the studio then went after Scarlett, who had previously lost the role to Emily.

This situation with Captain Marvel actually isn't all that different in that Brie was NOT always Marvel's first choice either. The studio had originally offered the part to Rebecca Ferguson, but Rebecca eventually passed on it. When that happened, Marvel began courting Brie for the role. Brie has been in talks with Marvel for the role since mid to late April.

Even though Emily was offered the role, she was never actually signed for Black Widow. She was in talks with Marvel and a contract was being negotiated. Unfortunately, she had already signed on for Gulliver's Travels and that production would not let her out of her contract. At that point, the deal she was negotiating with Marvel fell apart and the studio then went after Scarlett, who had previously lost the role to Emily.

This situation with Captain Marvel actually isn't all that different in that Brie was NOT always Marvel's first choice either. The studio had originally offered the part to Rebecca Ferguson, but Rebecca eventually passed on it. When that happened, Marvel began courting Brie for the role. Brie has been in talks with Marvel for the role since mid to late April.

I don't like the fact that Brie wasn't always the first choice. I thought Rebecca Ferguson was only a rumor started by Heroic Hollywood. When did Marvel start talking to Rebecca?

Yeah. I understand we have nothing else to talk about but, holy crap, can we cool it with the pictures?

Sigh. Fine, I will indulge this one request, but only because I am merciful. But don't be surprised if this thread becomes flooded with Brie Larson pics at the time Marvel makes the official announcement.

Last edited:

Chickens. You can count the eggs because they are already there whether they hatch or not. Chickens may or may not hatch from the eggs, which is why you don't count them before they have.

Where did you hear that Rebecca Ferguson was their first choice?

Chickens. You can count the eggs because they are already there whether they hatch or not. Chickens may or may not hatch from the eggs, which is why you don't count them before they have.

Most people don't live on farms. The eggs I count(2 eggs and half a cup of egg whites for breakfast) will never hatch, so it's a moot point.

So, does anyone have any avatar gifs of Brie Larson?

This is the smallest I could find:

tumblr_n8rq03zEsK1rzwvopo3_250.gif

Most people don't live on farms. The eggs I count(2 eggs and half a cup of egg whites for breakfast) will never hatch, so it's a moot point.

It's not, because the idiom is "Don't count your chickens before they hatch." The idea is that you're expecting you already have something before it has actually come to pass - in this case, chickens, which could still not hatch because the egg could break beforehand or the chicken could die while still in the egg, or many other scenarios. But there's nothing stopping you from counting the eggs because they are there.

If the idiom were "Don't count your eggs before they are laid", then that's a different matter, because you don't know if you'll have any or not, but you can certainly count your eggs before they have hatched because they are already there.

It's not, because the idiom is "Don't count your chickens before they hatch." The idea is that you're expecting you already have something before it has actually come to pass - in this case, chickens, which could still not hatch because the egg could break beforehand or the chicken could die while still in the egg, or many other scenarios. But there's nothing stopping you from counting the eggs because they are there.

If the idiom were "Don't count your eggs before they are laid", then that's a different matter, because you don't know if you'll have any or not, but you can certainly count your eggs before they have hatched because they are already there.

Well, I'll just leave this here:

chickens1.JPG

Been saying for years; Blake Lively for Carol. She killed it again with The Shallows, perfect age, acting chops, looks, recognition.

Blake_Lively_Age_Of-Adeline.jpg

I'm not a fan at all, but I'm sure she's probably somewhere on Marvel's list given her age, profile and the kudos she's currently getting for The Shallows. Which just makes me hope even harder that things work out with Brie, lol.

A few smaller ones I found, still don't think they're small enough for an avvy, but maybe someone more talented than me at such things can crop them or something:
BrieF1qlw3mqo2_250_zpsh77livcs.gif
Brie3mqo1_250_zpskduel9fv.gif
BrieEnvy1qlajizo2_250_zpstsntmf4u.gif
Brie8x7eo1_r3_250_zpsi0awrqy9.gif

And here's a few REALLY small ones I found:
Brie9mzlIE1sl8kna_500_zpswuvzs35f.gif
BrieEnvy6MW3G1sl8kna_500_zpsynhzkbtd.gif
Brie7lfadR44h1sl8kna_500_zpsz73mplxe.gif
Brie7lk0zz2Oa1sl8kna_500_zpsjv0jtlar.gif
Brie7ljwnL5JG1sl8kna_500_zpspm6m3rex.gif

I'm not a fan at all, but I'm sure she's probably somewhere on Marvel's list given her age, profile and the kudos she's currently getting for The Shallows. Which just makes me hope even harder that things work out with Brie, lol.

Yeah, I'm not much of a fan of Blake's either. She's a decent actress, but just barely so. I'm sure she's a wonderful person, I just haven't seen anything from her to convince me she has very much in the way of dramatic range.

Blake is also pregnant and still will be when IW1 begins production. As we've seen with Scarlett, that wouldn't necessarily be an issue... if she was a returning actress, but she's not, so...

Lively is a ridiculously charming lady and I'm sure she'd look good as Carol, but I really don't think she's that strong of an actress; well, at least compared to Larson she isn't. Haven't seen The Shallows though, I'm glad for her that critics are liking her performance.

Just find a free online gif editor (there's plenty of them and they're pretty easy to use) and you'll be able to make your own avatars yourself. I do it all the time.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure if you had your way, Blake would show up in the Captain Marvel movie as hostage #5 with her mouth duck taped shut. Captain Marvel(Brie Larson) has to stop a bank robbery. :oldrazz:

I'm pretty sure if you had your way, Blake would show up in the Captain Marvel movie as hostage #5 with her mouth duck taped shut. Captain Marvel(Brie Larson) has to stop a bank robbery. :oldrazz:
That's not too far off lol.

I actually like Blake more. I think she's unfairly judged. She's a sweet girl with acting chops.

I'd want Lively in a role where she's kinda unrecognizable like prosthetics or makeup just to see what she does with it.

"You know, Blake Lively stuff. She’s been an appealing actress since her pants went traveling, but now she’s gradually becoming an appealing movie star, a youthful, elegant American with a rare and mysterious quality—she seems both near to us and far away, a close, indifferent moon beaming its pale light upon us lowly mortals gazing up in wonder." - Vanity Fair
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/06/the-shallows-review-blake-lively

Now if that's not a description of an actress who should play a super hero of Capt Marvel's caliber, I don't what is.

"Lively has shown flashes of being a world-class actress in previous films, but I would say she’s now arrived. She has to carry this film -- her only scene partner, for the most part, is Collet-Serra behind the camera, and a seagull (the seagull is quite funny). It’s a physically demanding role that required Lively to conjure up a lot of emotion and more heart than most actors display throughout an entire career. " - ABC News
She's shown she can carry a movie more than once now. She's popular, charismatic, drop dead gorgeous, young, and talented; make it happen Fiege.

I wouldn't mind Blake Lively at all. She definitely is gorgeous and charming, and her personality kind of reminds me of Melissa Benoist.

I wouldn't mind Blake Lively at all. She definitely is gorgeous and charming, and her personality kind of reminds me of Melissa Benoist.

She really does come across as very likeable, her personalty is definitely a strength.

[YT]wjePVorYoHQ[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"