Who do you want to see as Captain Marvel? - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exciting. :)

Also, when i made the poll, I tried to think of every single possible choice from the popular to just names mentioned to me in conversations. that said, I assumed in reality someone would get picked that I managed not to cover, but maybe I will luck out.

The only 30+ female in a main role at the time if casting was Zoe and that's just because she's green imo
Wait, I'm not sure I follow. What does her skin color in the movie have to do with her age?

This is exciting. :)

Also, when i made the poll, I tried to think of every single possible choice from the popular to just names mentioned to me in conversations. that said, I assumed in reality someone would get picked that I managed not to cover, but maybe I will luck out.
Oh so you're the one who put Carano and Rousey on that poll. What were you thinking. :o

Last edited:
Right. :funny:

Larson was my top pick out of the under 30 actresses. She does well with comedy and drama.
Yep, mine too. Sure hope this pans out. Like, I'm already imagining her in scenes from Kelly Sue DeConnick's CM run and it works beautifully, lol.

I was worried this was another Daisy Ridley/Tomb Raider situation but it's Variety so I'm excited.

Well, they were never going to cast someone in their forties. It just doesn't make sense from a franchise-perspective.

I'm really glad that she's in her mid 20's, just like Ezra Miller and Tom Holland i like it when young actors and actresses sign multideal pictures for famous superheroes, so they can both stay in shape and play that character for years to come, decades even!

Yep, mine too. Sure hope this pans out. Like, I'm already imagining her in scenes from Kelly Sue DeConnick's CM run and it works beautifully, lol.
I remember we both wanted her if Marvel got an actress under 30. Honestly Larson looks like she can play a 30 year old to me, I'm not worried about her looking too young. Yeah I know she's only in early talks but she'd be a fool not to take the role. Very few actresses get to lead genre films.

I'm really glad that she's in her mid 20's, just like Ezra Miller and Tom Holland i like it when young actors and actresses sign multideal pictures for famous superheroes, so they can both stay in shape and play that character for years to come, decades even!
Nailed it. :up: :up:
AND The Hollywood Reporter confirmed it with their sources too. :up:
Awesome. :up:

I remember we both wanted her if Marvel got an actress under 30. Honestly Larson looks like she can play a 30 year old to me, I'm not worried about her looking too young. Yeah I know she's only in early talks but she'd be a fool not to take the role. Very few actresses get to lead genre films.
Indeed. I remember being surprised when I first read her age because she just seems older to me. Which is ideal for this, imo.

THR's also reporting Jennifer Kent (The Babadook) and Niki Caro (Whale Rider, North Country) are in the running to direct.
Kent has been my number one choice for directing if they picked a female director. Jennifer Kent + Brie Larson, this sounds a little too good to be true.

I guess Black Panther is doomed then. Old-a** Boseman is playing him, he'll be dead of old age before they even get to the sequel. :o

Halle Berry played Catwoman after winning an Oscar...It's a horrible movie but it was a 100 million dollar Superhero film.

she's a good actress, no doubt. She's also younger than my preferred age range for Carol (of course they'd go for another actress in her 20s, how typical of Hollywood). So I'm rather conflicted by this, but we'll see.

But please, please, think of the sequels. Won't somebody think of the sequels.

Halle Berry played Catwoman after winning an Oscar...It's a horrible movie but it was a 100 million dollar Superhero film.

That movie had several other reasons behind the scenes that contributed to it's failure. The most notable are that...

A) The script was over a decade old, had been rewritten several times, and was written for Michelle Pfeiffer, as it was originally meant to be a sequel/spinoff of Batman Returns.

B) The studio head at the time didn't have any faith in female lead films, and is the primary reason a Wonder Woman film had never gotten off the ground until now. And when it came to Catwoman (which some how managed to get made, likely due to being Batman related), he didn't put any real money into it, or real creative talent behind the camera.

The only 30+ female in a main role at the time if casting was Zoe and that's just because she's green imo

This chick gotta be the main super hero into the 2020's smart decision imo

ant-man-evangeline-lilly-hope-van-dyne-marvel.jpg

giphy.gif

But please, please, would you think of the sequels.

True, because it's totally impossible for someone in their 30's to stay in good shape after all, right? We'll if they're female that is, by studio logic. Otherwise, you get a guy who's almost 40 to play BP, another one in his 40's to play Ant Man, another 40-somethin year old to play Hawkeye, and so on.

So yes, a Carol in her early to mid-30's, totes not workable I guess.

That movie had several other reasons behind the scenes that contributed to it's failure. The most notable are that...

A) The script was over a decade old, had been rewritten several times, and was written for Michelle Pfeiffer, as it was originally meant to be a sequel/spinoff of Batman Returns.

B) The studio head at the time didn't have any faith in female lead films, and is the primary reason a Wonder Woman film had never gotten off the ground until now. And when it came to Catwoman (which some how managed to get made, likely due to being Batman related), he didn't put any real money into it, or real creative talent behind the camera.
:up: Exactly. We won't have to worry about any of this with Marvel.

But please, please, think of the sequels. Won't somebody think of the sequels.

Buuut RDJ was 43 when got cast even though he's CG when the helmet goes down so he doesn't hav to do physical stunts! :o Who cares if Carol was in her twenties in vol 1? :o

she's a good actress, no doubt. She's also younger than my preferred age range for Carol (of course they'd go for another actress in her 20s, how typical of Hollywood). So I'm rather conflicted by this, but we'll see.

The movie's not filming until 2018, and not coming out until 2019. She'll be damn near 30, and will spend 70% of her time in the MCU as a 30 something. It's not like she's going to be 23. She'll be 2 years older than Hemsworth was in Thor 1, and a year younger than Evans was in Cap 1. Why is this an inappropriate age?

True, because it's totally impossible for someone in their 30's to stay in good shape after all, right? We'll if they're female that is, by studio logic. Otherwise, you get a guy who's almost 40 to play BP, another one in his 40's to play Ant Man, another 40-somethin year old to play Hawkeye, and so on.

So yes, a Carol in her early to mid-30's, totes not workable I guess.

Can you explain to me the epic, world breaking difference between a 29 year old Carol and a 31 year old Carol? How about you think about the quality of actress instead of placing arbitrary age requirements on the character.

The casting choice wasn't crazy honestly. I bet Halle Berry could pull off Catwoman with a better director and writer.

:up: Exactly. We won't have to worry about any of this with Marvel.

Buuut RDJ was 43 when got cast even though he's CG when the helmet goes down so he doesn't hav to do physical stunts! :o Who cares if Carol was in her twenties in vol 1? :o

OMG, but it's sexist to not use a 44 year old Carol! Charlize Theron 4 lyfe!

I understand why you are annoyed. I love the casting, if it happens, and I agree that the double standard regarding ages in Hollywood is despicable.
The casting choice wasn't crazy honestly. I bet Halle Berry could pull off Catwoman with a better director and writer.
Blaming Halle Berry for Catwoman has always been dumb. Berry didn't write nor direct that film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"