Who do you want to see direct Deadpool 2?

Discussion in 'Deadpool 2' started by def28, Oct 23, 2016.

1. LoganGambit87 Registered

Drew Goddard is another name i think would be quite solid

2. Darepool Registered

I like that idea. The question would be the script and how involved Drew would want to be. My guess would be substantially.

I'd actually be more intrigued for what he brought to the project as a writer then as a director.

#52 Darepool, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  3. -JKR- Registered

Just look at any scene featuring Mark Strong and his henchmen, the opening sequence and the final showdown (or really any action scene). They ooze with that surreal, cartoony charme and feel I'm talking about. And I'm not saying that the movie was a deliberate take on Fleischer cartoons. That's just my interpretation of it. And the nasty humor and violence were fun because Vaughn's direction made it so. Another filmmaker could've directed those scenes from the very same script and made them not quite so fun.

I just don't think Jeff Wadlow's take on Kick-ass works - at all. It's a pretty joyless and hollow affair, and often comes across as too much of a 'fan film,' and something any nerd / fanboy would do for Youtube, instead of a competent feature film. It takes itself way too seriously when it shouldn't, isn't funny when it's trying, and can't be taken seriously when it should've been instead. It was a very boring and frustrating experience for me. And talk about Jim Carrey being wasted.

#53 -JKR-, Oct 27, 2016
  4. LoganGambit87 Registered

i agree 100% you think anyone else could of done the kingsman church fight scene

Vaughn is actually my #1 choice

-great director
    -can do action,comedy,drama
    -has a very frantic exhilarating action style
    -has knocked 3 comic book movies out of the park
    -his films are not only really good but he always brings a sense of fun
    -plays really well in rated r films
    -has tons of range as a director and has played in crime,fantasy,spy ad super hero genres

5. -JKR- Registered

I adore Matthew Vaughn (even though I must say I like Deadpool more than any of his film), but he's not really a top choice of mine.
    We're talking about the guy who's done Kick-Ass and Kingsman, and even X-Men: First Class. Him doing Deadpool 2 would probably be too much of a deja-vu. You don't wanna hire Christopher Nolan to direct Daredevil.

I'd be a pretty lazy choice.

#55 -JKR-, Oct 27, 2016
  6. LoganGambit87 Registered

true but you wouldn't be worried about quality if he were attached

7. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Joe Cornish met with Fox for The Wolverine. It is crazy someone as talented as Cornish isn't getting offered more directing jobs.
    I have enjoyed Baby face from Bugsy Malone's directorial career. Fletcher had to turn down a role in X-Men: First Class because he was directing Wild Bill.

I think Fletcher would do Deadpool 2 if his buddy Mathew Vaughn could Exec produce and offer some input as well.

8. -JKR- Registered

He also was up for the Gambit gig.

And Joe Cornish got actually offered several projects. They just never materialized. He'd be my personal number one choice, by the way.

#58 -JKR-, Oct 27, 2016
  9. 2kt09 Snyder Rent-Free

Pretty sure you're referencing Hit Girl mostly. There are certainly some over-the-top visual gags.

Another filmmaker would use a different approach to illicit a different kind of fun given the script warrants it. I don't doubt for a second Matthew Vaughn could make a better Deadpool movie since he proved just that with Kingsman and Kick-Ass was merely the teaser.

Another Director to the List
    Timur Bekmambetov (Wanted, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter)

All I know is I enjoyed this "fan film", it did a good enough job to play within the Kick-Ass universe, and is still one of a couple live-action cbm's I liked in that infamous year of disappointments.
    It's funny when it's trying to be when Wadlow writes in & directs that delivery, but subjective humor and all that jazz. It took itself too seriously when it became about Hit Girl's teen drama of having to adjust to normalcy which is just the kind of material ripe for satire/parody (attempts at this were not as successful as all the other in-jokes laced throughout).

If you meant Carrey was wasted in that his character wasn't on screen long enough, sure. If you meant he was not directed well, absolutely disagree. Carrey's a great impressionist, but this was just that impressive of a performance I still have a hard time believing he was behind it.

10. Serpico Jones Registered

John Wick director David Leitch is the favorite to direct Deadpool 2 according to Jeff Sneider.

11. -JKR- Registered

There are other scenes which come to mind first.

12. dregj Registered

more ****