Revenge of the Fallen Who Else Doesnt Like the Name?

Conebone69

The Legend Ends
Reaction score
When I first heard that the name of this movie was going to be "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen", I instantly laughed and couldnt believe how cheesy it was. Its just like one of those titles that they tried to make sound cool but it just came off cheesy. I mean theres not even a "2" in the title. They could of atleast added a 2 so it would make more sense. I would of just prefered Transformers 2, myself. Does anyone else find it cheesy or is it just me? Im getting over the name slowly but I still find it pretty cheesy

I prefer subtitles than numbering. Transformers 2 sounds worse than Revenge of the Fallen.

I don't have any problem with it
The title don't meant nothing when the movie's playing so I'm good.

It would have been a little better if it was named "Rise Of The Fallen". The title "Revenge Of The Fallen" apparently has a double meaning. Some have said that the "Fallen" is merely a giant ancient Decepticon robot named the "Fallen" but why is it out for revenge? "Rise Of The Fallen" would have worked best when applied to him but "Revenge Of The Fallen" works best when applied to the dead Decepticons who may be returning in the new movie.

It would have been a little better if it was named "Rise Of The Fallen". The title "Revenge Of The Fallen" apparently has a double meaning. Some have said that the "Fallen" is merely a giant ancient Decepticon robot named the "Fallen" but why is it out for revenge? "Rise Of The Fallen" would have worked best when applied to him but "Revenge Of The Fallen" works best when applied to the dead Decepticons who may be returning in the new movie.

Too many movies use the "Rise Of", ex. Rise of the Silver Surfer, Rise of Cobra, Rise of the Lycans.

I think that it should have just been

Revenge of the Fallen

Kinda how it was like The Dark Knight and there was no batman in the title even though Dark Knight refers to Batman himself.

That was Nolan's thing.

Why is everyone and their mother trying to make everything the same such as Batman?

When I first heard that the name of this movie was going to be "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen", I instantly laughed and couldnt believe how cheesy it was. Its just like one of those titles that they tried to make sound cool but it just came off cheesy. I mean theres not even a "2" in the title. They could of atleast added a 2 so it would make more sense. I would of just prefered Transformers 2, myself. Does anyone else find it cheesy or is it just me? Im getting over the name slowly but I still find it pretty cheesy

You see, this is pointing out a problem without offering a very inspired solution.

That was Nolan's thing.

Why is everyone and their mother trying to make everything the same such as Batman?

Because they're all fanboys who bow to everything Nolan and TDK. :yay:

"Transformers" sounds cheesy enough right? ;) :p

-TNC

Because they're all fanboys who bow to everything Nolan and TDK. :yay:

And most of half of these fanboys knew nothing of Christopher Nolan before Batman Begins, which is pretty funny, imo.

But Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is a perfectly fine title. At first, I thought it would just be known as Transformers 2 or II, but then ROTF was used, which kinda made no sense at first with us thinking it'll just be the same ol' Autobots vs Decepticons stint, but the title makes much sense as the revenge is for the fallen Decepticons AND the FALLEN himself.

Plus it seems more possible that we'll be seeing Unicron in the third movie as well. So expect the third movie to be called Transformers: (subtitle here) and not just Transformers 3.

I think that it should have just been

Revenge of the Fallen

Kinda how it was like The Dark Knight and there was no batman in the title even though Dark Knight refers to Batman himself.
By that logic it probably would have been called "Robots in disguise" or "More than meets the eye." Now if Nolan had called Dark Knight "Joker's wild" or "The killing joke", you might have had a point.

The title doesn't matter when you're watching the movie. So, who gives a crap?

That was Nolan's thing.

Yeah, because Nolan invented the whole "naming the sequel on it's own" thing. :whatever:

When the dude or dudette STATED that it should be named the same way TDK was named, then yes, I will compare it to Nolan.

And I meet your :whatever: and raise you a :brucebat: for the heck of it.

When the dude or dudette STATED that it should be named the same way TDK was named, then yes, I will compare it to Nolan.

And I meet your :whatever: and raise you a :brucebat: for the heck of it.

Then maybe it should be named the same way that Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was named, 'cause the only thing it has in common with the film it's a sequel of (Raiders of the Lost Ark) are the words "of" and "the". As it is, this movie follows the same sequel naming pattern as Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back or The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

:indy::boba:
dino_smiley_6.gif

at first i didn't like it because i thought it was referring to Megatron and his minions, but after finding out that the Fallen is a new character who has ties with Unicron i actually like the title. i'm not fond of the word "Revenge" but it's better than "Rise". i would've preferred "Wrath of the Fallen" myself, but then again people would compare it to "Wrath of Khan". anyway you slice it, a cool sounding subtitle would have been compared to another title.

as for going the numerical route...it's a safe way, but i think it's boring. it's so 20th century.

Then maybe it should be named the same way that Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was named, 'cause the only thing it has in common with the film it's a sequel of (Raiders of the Lost Ark) are the words "of" and "the". As it is, this movie follows the same sequel naming pattern as Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back or The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

:indy::boba:
dino_smiley_6.gif

You lost me.

Lots of sequels seem to have R-O-T-4thletter as an add on title.

Rise of the Machines
Rise of the Silver Surfer
Return of the Jedi
Return of the King
Revenge of the Sith
Revenge of the Fallen

Add Rise of the Lycans to that list Ratcrawler

Hollywood in general seems to be moving away from having the sequel number in the title.

The Dark Knight
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Underworld: Evolution
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
Terminator: Salvation
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

5 years ago, you'd never see an un-numbered sequel

That's a brilliant idea though, imo. The first movie of the series, and supposedly it ends on a bad note...never watched a movie that's the first in the series which ends on a bad note.

Yeah, rise of the fallen would be an epic fail

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"