Who here thinks THE FLASH cannot support his own movie?

I would use Zoom in the first movie because he is such an Iconic Flash villain, Imagine Wally getting the crap kicked out of him by Zoom only to have Uncle Barry Rip through space and time to help in run the final race up Zoom's butt and take him down!

That way...Flash can fight the 1st Zoom in the second movie and the NEW Zoom and the OLD Zoom in the 3rd sorta like what Raimi did with the Green Goblins.

Eobard Thawne (Zoom I)
Zoom_thawne.jpg

Hunter Zolomon (Zoom II)
FlashZoom.jpg

That is a pretty good idea DarkSuperman. The Flash movies would definitely be a movie about legacy and they could have flash backs of Barry Allen and what he was all about. They could have Professor Zoom as one of the enemies in a flash back, and then have Hunter Zolomon be a metahuman profiler for the police, like in the comic, and be inspired through a tragedy to take the mantle of ZOOM to make Wally a better hero in his warped mind.

The distinction should made between where Professor Zoom and ZOOM's powers come from. ZOOM's power should be made more of a threat than Professor Zoom, because it is only gets more challenging in the later films. And you can then have Capt. Boomerang , Weather Wizard, Mirror Master, and Captain cold be reoccurring in the first 2 movies. I wouldn't get too involved with the back story of all of the rogues because it would take some time. Spider-Man 3 was all right, but it seemed like too much activity between Spiderman's personality changing due to the symbiote, Venom, Harry as the new Green Goblin, and the Sandman. I would also have Iron Heights in the movie to show how many rogues the Flash had locked up over the years. It would have to be a movie with more than one villain, but it works with the Flash if its handled like it is in the comics. The only exception would be the 3rd film, the only villain could just be ZOOM.

I don't think Flash has the stories, and characters and ESPECIALLY powers (since he can only run fast) to support the action scenes and the entire story of a Flash movie. What do yall think?

for me, personally, i completely agree with you.

personally, i think the idea of a "justice league" is really only feasible in the comic book genre. i think that if portrayed in a movie, people are going to question certain aspects...such as why can't superman do it alone...why is the flash faster than superman? how can WW and a NORMAL HUMAN BATMAN take on SUPERMAN??? I am just saying the GA view is a LOT different then fanboy view.

i think that is a HUGE concern. supes is supposed to be the ULTIMATE superhero. and please don't flame me, i think this is the general audiences opinion.

i am a HUGE supes/bats/hellboy/spidey fan...and i can honestly say that if the proposed JL movie goes along with the current script, alot of people (remember, i am talking GA) will be like "wtf?"

its just hard to verify to the GA why a being such as supes even needs help from anybody else, as for most of the general public, supes is basically a god, except for the whole kryptonite thing (which i personally think supes should be able to use spme brains or supersight to effing FIGURE out)

There's no reason the concept of THE JUSTICE LEAGUE couldn't work on film. It's a suspension of disbelief like anything else.

why can't superman do it alone

Because so much happens in the world that even Superman can't handle it all by himself.

why is the flash faster than superman?

Because he's The Flash? The Fastest Man Alive?

how can WW and a NORMAL HUMAN BATMAN take on SUPERMAN???

Because Wonder Woman is incredibly strong and a gifted warrior, and Batman would likely use Kryptonite.

its just hard to verify to the GA why a being such as supes even needs help from anybody else, as for most of the general public, supes is basically a god, except for the whole kryptonite thing (which i personally think supes should be able to use spme brains or supersight to effing FIGURE out)

I would think that since Superman couldn't even stop Lex by himself at first in SUPERMAN RETURNS and almost died doing so...that a much larger threat than a man and some thugs would make people realize why Superman would need help.

Superman is only as strong as the writers make him. He's powered up and down in every issue.

That is a pretty good idea DarkSuperman. The Flash movies would definitely be a movie about legacy and they could have flash backs of Barry Allen and what he was all about. They could have Professor Zoom as one of the enemies in a flash back, and then have Hunter Zolomon be a metahuman profiler for the police, like in the comic, and be inspired through a tragedy to take the mantle of ZOOM to make Wally a better hero in his warped mind.

The distinction should made between where Professor Zoom and ZOOM's powers come from. ZOOM's power should be made more of a threat than Professor Zoom, because it is only gets more challenging in the later films. And you can then have Capt. Boomerang , Weather Wizard, Mirror Master, and Captain cold be reoccurring in the first 2 movies. I wouldn't get too involved with the back story of all of the rogues because it would take some time. Spider-Man 3 was all right, but it seemed like too much activity between Spiderman's personality changing due to the symbiote, Venom, Harry as the new Green Goblin, and the Sandman. I would also have Iron Heights in the movie to show how many rogues the Flash had locked up over the years. It would have to be a movie with more than one villain, but it works with the Flash if its handled like it is in the comics. The only exception would be the 3rd film, the only villain could just be ZOOM.

I really like your ideas! Especially the iron heights idea! Imagine an Arkham Asylum type scene in the Super Max prison for Villains with a criminal profiler walking down a long corridor of super powered psychos, all of them captured by The Flash.

I really like how in a recent Flash comic Zoom II went back in time and recruited Zoom I to help him make Wally's life miserable. Them taking Flash back to the exact moment his wife had the miscarriage then rewinding the moment and playing it over and over and over again was CLASSICALLY EVIL! I'd never seen anything so wicked, cruel, and evil! Then having Barry come back at the last moment to even the odds was amazing!

The movies should definitely have a similar scene If not the very same one in the final movie.

also Grace Park should play Linda Park. They have the same name! LOL :woot:

LindaParkFlash.png
20070617-Grace%20Park%20as%20Lt.%20Sandra%20Telfair.jpg

My small opinion is probably worthless by the 5th page, but I do not think The Flash has a strong enough fan base and/or general public recognition to carry an entire movie.

I say give the Linda Park role to Yunjin Kim. She needs to get out of the Lost typecast.

72998683.jpg

xoxobackcover0nv.jpg

And yes, these are all excuses to post pictures of hot korean chicks. :o

I say give the Linda Park role to Yunjin Kim. She needs to get out of the Lost typecast.

72998683.jpg

xoxobackcover0nv.jpg

And yes, these are all excuses to post pictures of hot korean chicks. :o

yikes! i figured as much... lol

listen people we have seen some of the most useless lowley villains and heroes turn into something everyone was into, any character can support its own movie.. it just depends on how its written, WRITERSSSSSSSSSSSSS make it happen...

I really like your ideas! Especially the iron heights idea! Imagine an Arkham Asylum type scene in the Super Max prison for Villains with a criminal profiler walking down a long corridor of super powered psychos, all of them captured by The Flash.

I really like how in a recent Flash comic Zoom II went back in time and recruited Zoom I to help him make Wally's life miserable. Them taking Flash back to the exact moment his wife had the miscarriage then rewinding the moment and playing it over and over and over again was CLASSICALLY EVIL! I'd never seen anything so wicked, cruel, and evil! Then having Barry come back at the last moment to even the odds was amazing!

The movies should definitely have a similar scene If not the very same one in the final movie.

YEAH man!!!! I really hope they go through with Super Max and really show some obscure villains that are big threats, even though they are not the Joker or Lex Luthor. They really made Iron Heights a cool looking prison in the comics that's powered by Fallout, who the Flash helped. It would really help if they had Zolomon Hunter in all of the movies kind of hinting about the rogues, and him being the source for information regarding to metahuman villains psychology and their powers. The keystone police should constantly go to him and the Flash should check with Hunter for background checks on new incoming villains, if he doesn't know them already.

That really was intense, when Zoom II did that to Wally. I think Zoom II is a really scary character and the way he psychology tortured Wally was sick. It would be cool if they followed Johns arc closely, but even that moment was really heartbreaking and I don't know if movie audiences would be able to handle that malicious scene, even though it would be interesting to see on screen. And they need to keep how Zoom II talks, in which all of his words are chained together like it is in the comic. That just adds to the creepiness of Zoom II.

I liked how Scott Kollins drew Zoom II from a first person perspective coming at you, it was awesome. It seemed like he was everywhere at once and looked like he was moving fast at you. I think it would be awesome if they initially show ZOOM II not physically there and creating some havoc, like when he sent Jay Garrick flying with a punch, no one saw a blur of yellow or anything, just the end result of Jay Garrick getting cracked in the face. Another example would be when ZOOM II held Linda hostage with several of the Keystone police officers surrounding him and Zoom II knocked them all out and he moved so fast that it looked like as if he never let go of Linda to do that. Wally and Jay did not even see it coming and Zoom II wasn't drawn doing the action so it looked like he moved so fast that it looked as if he didn't move at all!

also Grace Park should play Linda Park. They have the same name! LOL :woot:

LindaParkFlash.png
20070617-Grace%20Park%20as%20Lt.%20Sandra%20Telfair.jpg

Linda park could play Linda Park they really have the same name ;)

240x320.jpg
linda4.jpg

I don't think Flash has the stories, and characters and ESPECIALLY powers (since he can only run fast) to support the action scenes and the entire story of a Flash movie. What do yall think?

If a character like Blade can support a movie FRANCHISE, a character like The Flash most certainly can as well...

I think it was the character Wesley Snipes who supported a franchise. :)

Sure he can.
With a good story, director, cast.
I know little kids who watch him in the cartoons and think he is cool.

there gonna need more then just flash

...wwwWWWWHAT?!

There is an episode of JLU where Luther and Flash switch minds. Luther uses Flashes ability to move fast to its fullest and shows just how dangerous Flash can be.
I think the Flash would have no problem in action scenes whatsoever.
I also don't think Flash would have a problem carrying a franchise, the Flash character on the JLU was so charasmatic and likeable that that Flash could totally pull it off.
The only problem I see happening is that they cast someone to play the Flash who is annoying, someone who thinks they are funny or who the studio thinks is funny and Flash like (but is really just going to be annoying). Studios sometimes pick an actor they think is hip and popular with theyoung people, when they really have no clue.
Or another possible problem is the script written could turn Flash from a well rounded, funny, sarcastic, and charasmatic character, into a one dimensional stereotype. And that would eventually bring down the movie, franchise, and character.

As long as they pull of the characterization, script, and casting, right I see no problem with Flash starring in his own movie and carrying on his back a whole franchise.

People still rave about certain chase scenes which are little more than speed and crashes. Imagine all that with human bodies flying along at super speed and not vehicles. Besides, the fact that he is only speed means that he avoids the typical Supes complaint: "he's too powerful to write a good story for." So, sure I think he could carry his own but the trailers need to be good to draw in the average audience; however, what "average American" knows the Fantastic Four or Daredevil or Silver Surfer?

With the right cinematic approach, director, cast, budget level and marketing pretty much every major DC character could be made into a successful film - and that most especially applies to the Flash.

The Flash has a great costume and powers that could be shown on screen in all sorts of nifty FX sequences. The tone and content of the Wally West run in the comics lends itself to cinematic adaptation very easily what with the legacy hero aspect, Wally's relationship with Linda, and the fact that writers like Mark Waid and Geoff Johns have written great story arcs which have re-invented the Flash rogues gallery.

Some of the villains that have great potential as antagonists in Flash feature films are Professor Zoom, Gorilla Grodd, Kobra, and Vandal Savage.

I think people are forgetting that he supported his own tv series and if ghost rider can have a movie, and do relatively well considering it was garbage, the flash is a no brainer. All they need is an imaginative director who can work with a smaller budget. Flash has great villains regardless of what some posters here say.

Iagine he images that could come out of a Flash movie, it would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"