Who Invented the Door?

A man who wanted to seperate himself from his wife before he strangled her 'cause she complained to him all day long.

Super_Surfer said:
Ray Manzerik and Jim Morrison founded the Doors.:confused:
LOL! :D

I seldom LOL in this forum, but this takes the cake. :D

Chuck Norris invented doors, so he would have something to kick down when ever he enters a new place.

Kessel Day said:
yeah. we studied Beowulf in english class and it was so strange to recognize words but they had totally different pronunciations.

Great story. My dad read that to me as a bedtime story when I was a kid. I never got regular stories that began with "Once upon a time". I got Beowulf, Hamlet, and Macbeth. My dad's a crazy lol.

I'm going to be the first to actually answer the question.

Door coverings have been around for as long as there have been structures, but the door iself originated with gates. Gates were invented back in the neolithic days i.e. hunter-gatherer days. Then when they started building fortified structures when civilization got going in the Middle East (Mesopotamia, etc.), they put a "gate" into the wall to allow access to maintain sercurity.

There you go.

Who invented the door?

gore2.gif

Colossal Spoons said:
Great story. My dad read that to me as a bedtime story when I was a kid. I never got regular storys that began with "Once upon a time". I got Beowulf, Hamlet, and Macbeth. My dad's a crazy lol.
That's pretty cool.
I always just made my mom read me comic books. She always dreaded that...

Tsunulia said:
He invented the word in his own language that existed at the time. When the languages were changed at the tower or Babel, we got a different word in different languages. then we got the dirivitives of languages which confuses the crap outa me.
Oh yeah the Tower of Babel stuff...

Forgive me

:rolleyes:

The door was not the important invention, it was the hinge.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
The thing that blows my mind is that there was, for a fact there was, a first person ever on Earth to make the sound "COW" (for example) and mean the animal.
Everyone didn't just spontaneously and simultaneously agree to say a word. There was a first guy ever to say each word in the form that we use today.

HowWhyInsane
william shakespeare invented loads of words, one being leapfrog.

before shakespeare there was no word for leapfrog.

and more than likely Cow wasn't the first word used to describe a cow, it's probably a descendant word from something else.

Leto Atrides said:
I'm going to be the first to actually answer the question.

Door coverings have been around for as long as there have been structures, but the door iself originated with gates. Gates were invented back in the neolithic days i.e. hunter-gatherer days. Then when they started building fortified structures when civilization got going in the Middle East (Mesopotamia, etc.), they put a "gate" into the wall to allow access to maintain sercurity.

There you go.
you didn't answer the question, a question starting with who requires an actual name for an answer unless it is a rhetorical question.

you didn't give a name, you fail.

:)

Someone who wanted to listen to loud music without pissing everyone else off?

Where's the fun in those? They damage your eardrums and you can't sing out loud without being dragged off in a straight-jacket.

Odin's Lapdog said:
and more than likely Cow wasn't the first word used to describe a cow, it's probably a descendant word from something else.

well, duuuhhhhhh

of course it is,. Its a well known fact that "cow" is the abbreviated form of "MooCow"

logansoldcigar said:
well, duuuhhhhhh

of course it is,. Its a well known fact that "cow" is the abbreviated form of "MooCow"
having a word being an abbreviation of another is slightly different from descending from another word entirely.

:o

ahh, but the abbreviated form is now the norm, making it the descended version...such as pants, instead of pantaloons :p

Which is the more useless invention: A door without a doorknob or a doorknob withiout a door?

If you invented the door without a doorknob you would be stuck inside (or outside) with no way to open it. If you invented a doorknob without the door you would have something you could use to open something that you don't have. Can you imagine the inventor of the doorknobless door waiting in front of it for the the inventor of the doorless doorknob to wander by. If the the doorknobless door inventor was on the inside of the door he may never have connected with the doorless doorknob inventor - unless of course, he had previously hooked up with the inventor of the window and was able to call to the doorless doorknob inventor. And don't even get me started on the inventor of the doorless-doorknobless doorbell.

Who invented Bread, Pie, Cake??? Talk about an involved process to make something.

*hmmm* we got these here seeds, right, lets bash them until they turn into dust. Now we got dust, let's squeeze a cows udders and get it's milk, then steal the birds eggs. Now let's mix it all together. Too pasty, let's heat it up for a while. Hey this isn't bad!!!

Irony-Man said:
Which is the more useless invention: A door without a doorknob or a doorknob withiout a door?

If you invented the door without a doorknob you would be stuck inside (or outside) with no way to open it. If you invented a doorknob without the door you would have something you could use to open something that you don't have. Can you imagine the inventor of the doorknobless door waiting in front of it for the the inventor of the doorless doorknob to wander by. If the the doorknobless door inventor was on the inside of the door he may never have connected with the doorless doorknob inventor - unless of course, he had previously hooked up with the inventor of the window and was able to call to the doorless doorknob inventor. And don't even get me started on the inventor of the doorless-doorknobless doorbell.

Figure that the first door probably wasn't a perfect fit. The person using it would just slide their hand in the crack to open or close it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"