Who is Batman's most underrated villian?

Scarecrow. Hopefully with him being the new movie he'll start getting some great stories.

Mr. Zsasz. He's the Hannibal Lecter of the Bat-universe. They need to use him in an up-coming arc or something ;)

CFE

Its the Riddler. This man freaking is smarter than all of Bats rogues. All of them. Who gets the shaft? He does. He was the mastermind behind Hush, yet whats happening in Gotham Knights? Oh thats right, being Hush's ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^. Yeah, Loeb really put him in the frontlines.

I'll agree with Mr. Zsasz, Ra's Al Ghul was never under rated he's been called the most dangerous man in the world for a reason. The Scarecrow has been around a lot. Mr. Zsasz hasn't really been allowed to do a lot of damage, hence being underrated.

I think Scarecrow and Mr. Zsasz as well.
Both have psychological impacting value that has been well underplayed in the comics.

Mr. Zsazs is a serial killer on par with Hannibal Lector on intellect and sophistication. The few times I saw him ("The Last Arkham" story, "Knightfall" and "No Man's Land") hinted at the manipulative and unadulterated evil in him akin to Charles Manson. He needs more impact on Batman...maybe have him kill the girl Robin or something.

Many times, Scarecrow has been relegated to a crook with Fear gas. He's often underplayed as a homicidal maniac with a background in psychiatry. The guy has tons of potential in mixing it up with Batman other than the use of Fear gas on people.

Mr. Zsasz killing Robin IV brutally thats a good idea

the riddler. he has never gotten the respect he deserves. even after hush he's being treated like a b#tch.

Bane: see my previous post

Scarecrow: this guy's got a creepy schtick. he can manipulate, expand upon, and exploit ur every fear. or he can make new ones for u. he could make u afraid of food so u'd starve to death. he could make batman afraid of heights. or poison ivy afraid of plants. clayface afraid of dirt. joker afraid of laughing or smiling. or he could make a supermodel afraid of clothes and well...make her...well it wouldn't kill her or anything but hey she'd be naked!

I loved in Knightfall when Scarecrow and Joker teamed up to torture Mayor Krol, and the Scarecrow kept threatening to use his gas on the Joker and he was like "Bring it on! I'm looking forward to it!".

Originally posted by GL-Corps#28
I loved in Knightfall when Scarecrow and Joker teamed up to torture Mayor Krol, and the Scarecrow kept threatening to use his gas on the Joker and he was like "Bring it on! I'm looking forward to it!".

Yeah, i thought that was funny, myself.

I believe the joker said something , like: "Quit teasing me, or you going to do it or not?" It was like the Joker was actually looking forward to it...and i also think (but could be wrong) the Joker kept puposely mistaking ScareCrow's name....it was fun, but unsatisfying at the end, as all "antagonist team-ups are...one always makes the other look like a putz..and at the end of the day, it was obvious the "putz" was going to be the Scarecrow...that's why i hate these teamups. NONE of the A-list antagonists should ever come across as schmucks...

Most underated?

Deadshot
Mr. Zsasz
Mad Hatter
Dr. Hugo Strange
(and a host of others. Still, DC is pretty good about using them occasionaly, the real sore spot is the major leaguers that DC continuously drops the ball with....Riddler, anyone?)

hands down the msot under rated batman villain is definatly without a question....

Bat Mite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I´m in the minority, but Scarface. To me he has all the elements of the classic bat-foe that Bill Finger and Bob Kane used to create. The schizophrenic relationship between the Ventriloquist and the dummy is both incredibly disturbing, creepy and funny in a grotesque way. And I love a Batman villain who has this old school gangster quality to him.

Originally posted by ultimatefan
I´m in the minority, but Scarface. To me he has all the elements of the classic bat-foe that Bill Finger and Bob Kane used to create. The schizophrenic relationship between the Ventriloquist and the dummy is both incredibly disturbing, creepy and funny in a grotesque way. And I love a Batman villain who has this old school gangster quality to him.

He's an awesoume villian... but he's no Zsasz.

I actually haven´t read any Zsasz story... I stopped reading the bat-titles for a while.

But heres the thing about Zsasz and Scarecrow... they've actually had good stories. The only good Riddler stories have been the ones from The Animated Series comic and the show itself.

Originally posted by jaydawg
But heres the thing about Zsasz and Scarecrow... they've actually had good stories. The only good Riddler stories have been the ones from The Animated Series comic and the show itself.

You haven't read many Riddler stories.

Clayface... probably one of my fav episodes from the Batman series was when Robin fell in love with that girl, who was really a part of Clayface... then she "dies" and it was actually kind of sad, for a cartoon... he's a bit underrated.

same for Hatter and Freeze.... tortured souls. but at least Freeze has gotten some good face time.

Zsasz, hands down. just the idea and possibilities of what his caharacter can be if fully realized and respected has made him one of my favorite batman villians.

heres a personal cheap plug....my rendition of Zsasz:
g-zsasz_r2_c2.gif

Sandman138, what are you talking about? the only remotely good comic book Riddler story (thats not simply Riddler having a cameo) is Run Riddler Run.

I'd say it's either Hugo Strange, or maybe Clayface I (Basil Karlo). I like him a lot better than the later Clayfaces even though he had no powers. But any character that's basically Karloff is cool.

I've always liked Professor Milo as well. He was incredibly cruel in the animated series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"