Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Who is bloody hand man?

I just came across the Inhumans while reading Ann Nocenti's run of Daredevil. While I'm always hesitant to try and read too much into a non-regular writer trying to capture their voice, Karnak came off kind of as a wet blanket, which doesn't seem like how he'll appear if he's Skye's dad.

However, the finding weak points ability he has comes off as very similar to how Skye described hacking. I do think it's a realistic possibility.

I remember Karnak from an old Fantastic four cartoon.. he was breaking lots of stuff with his hand

I just came across the Inhumans while reading Ann Nocenti's run of Daredevil. While I'm always hesitant to try and read too much into a non-regular writer trying to capture their voice, Karnak came off kind of as a wet blanket, which doesn't seem like how he'll appear if he's Skye's dad.

However, the finding weak points ability he has comes off as very similar to how Skye described hacking. I do think it's a realistic possibility.
That is one of the more interesting theories that I have heard .

Karnak has no children in the comics, but Crystal and Medusa are his cousins, so maybe Skye is one of them. Personally, I'd prefer she was Crystal, since she's an elemental, which are far more interesting powers than Medusa's "magical hair".

Karnak has no children in the comics, but Crystal and Medusa are his cousins, so maybe Skye is one of them. Personally, I'd prefer she was Crystal, since she's an elemental, which are far more interesting powers than Medusa's "magical hair".

What they do in the show doesn't necessarily have to mirror one by one what exists in the comics. So long as they have Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Gorgon, Karnak, Triton and Maximus faithful enough to the comics I'm pretty sure no one will complain that they made Karnak be a father or changed the sex of Ahura to make room for Skye's origin.

I don't remember Karnak being extreme hemophilia man in the comics, I rather that they create a new Inhuman rather than ruin an existing one.

I remember Karnak from an old Fantastic four cartoon.. he was breaking lots of stuff with his hand

Marvel_Zombies_3_Vol_1_3_page_8_Karnak_(Earth-2149).jpg

Well we know who will be playing him at least....

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Scoop: Kyle MacLachlan to Play [Huge Spoiler]

Diane, this is really something….

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has recruited onetime Twin Peaks explorer Kyle MacLachlan to step into another very strange world — and in doing so, presumably shed light on a big mystery.

Specifically, TVLine has learned that the journeyman actor will recur during Season 2 as a character best described as… Skye’s father.

The question of Skye’s parentage — including who her mom and dad are, how she ended up at an orphanage and why she is classified as an 0-8-4 — loomed large during the ABC series’ freshman run. The season finale closed with Centipede’s Raina approaching a mysterious figure, presenting a photo of Skye and saying, “I found your daughter.”

Since his time in Twin Peaks, MacLachlan has appeared on myriad series, including Sex and the City, Desperate Housewives, How I Met Your Mother and, most recently, NBC’s Believe.

S.H.I.E.L.D. begins its sophomore mission on Tuesday, Sept. 23, now airing at 9/8c.

http://tvline.com/2014/08/07/marvels-agents-of-shield-season-2-skyes-father-kyle-maclachlan/

Hmm...

MacLachlan is playing "The Doctor", who is also Skye's father? I'm thinking Dr. Calvin Zabo, aka Mister Hyde, and Skye is Daisy Johnson, aka Quake.

If "The Doctor" is Skye's father, does that make her Galifreyan?

an alien called the doctor? so many possibilities. oh and kyle machlachlan too.... this may very well be the best news I've ever read about the MCU.

anyway, Diane, prepare the timey wimey detector

Last edited:
Went through the Marvel Wikia: category - doctors, and the only two that came close (monster) were Baron Blood, and the already mentioned Mr. Hyde:

John Falsworth aka Baron Blood.

Calvin Zabo aka Mr. Hyde.

Of the two, Mr. Hyde seems to be the best fit, because that would make Skye, Daisy Johnson

Daisy fits in many ways: given up for adoption at 7 months old, only known level 10 SHIELD operative, besides Fury and Natasha, went on to become SHIELD director.

I might add that Daisy has connections to Mockingbird in the comics as well.

Last edited:
Went through the Marvel Wikia: category - doctors, and the only two that came close (monster) were Baron Blood, and the already mentioned Mr. Hyde:

Of the two, Mr. Hyde seems to be the best fit, because that would make Skye, Daisy Johnson

Daisy fits in many ways: given up for adoption at 7 months old, only known level 10 SHIELD operative, besides Fury and Natasha, went on to become SHIELD director.

only thing is...what about that Kree reference she made during an interview a while back...... i can dig it if its Daisy Johnson....but her origin will be somewhat different if she is..... makes sense....

Anyway I a need a bloody cup of fine coffee. Diane? Let's go...

I can see this place being filled with Twin Peaks jokes as soon as the episode airs.
I hope his first line will be 'how's Annie?'

only thing is...what about that Kree reference she made during an interview a while back...... i can dig it if its Daisy Johnson....but her origin will be somewhat different if she is..... makes sense....

I think it's pretty obvious she had no inside knowledge when she said "Kree." While her later statement of precisely that would normally come off as backpeddling, the fact remains that the season didn't reveal anything and it would make no sense for the writers to tell her that so far in advance. They only told Brett Dalton of his HYDRA connection two episodes in advance and he obviously has the burden of portraying a conflicted double agent. Chloe Bennett doesn't really need to know anything about a Kree connection to portray her character, so they have no reason to tell her in advance.

I'm like 95% into buying that Skye is Daisy and her dad is Mr. Hyde...there's just one thing...

Is Mr. Hyde really important/interesting enough to be the big reveal as Skye's father? I'm sure they could make him interesting, but is he really that notable in the comics?

I'm guessing that the doctor name is just a fake name like Daniel was for Ray Palmer on arrow.

I'm like 95% into buying that Skye is Daisy and her dad is Mr. Hyde...there's just one thing...

Is Mr. Hyde really important/interesting enough to be the big reveal as Skye's father? I'm sure they could make him interesting, but is he really that notable in the comics?

Nope, not at all. He's second tier at best, being just another take on the dumb muscle powerhouse archetype and only slightly more threatening than Rhino due to his Calvin Zabo persona having a gifted intellect.

I think people are perhaps narrowing too much the options for Skye's father on the unfounded belief that Skye is going to be revealed as a long time Marvel character. The way I see it the showrunners had Coulson's team be made with Marvel unknowns because they wanted these characters to have no previous slate and thus not be bound to any comic book development established characters would've had, allowing the writers to take them anywhere they wanted; as such, revealing Skye to be a known character would defeat this purpose. Further reinforcing my belief is the recently announced 616 versions of May, Fitz, Simmons and Skye, to debut in December. It would be really odd to reveal Skye to be, say, Daisy Johnson and have her 616 version coexist with that universe's Daisy, wouldn't it?

Last edited:
Further reinforcing my belief is the recently announced 616 versions of May, Fitz, Simmons and Skye, to debut in December. It would be really odd to reveal Skye to be, say, Daisy Johnson and have her 616 version coexist with that universe's Daisy, wouldn't it?
Very good point! :up:

Theories for Skye's identity are a dime a dozen: Daisy Johnson, Jessica Drew, Carmilla Black, Inhuman, Mantis, etc... but at the top of any list has got to be "Skye". She doesn't have to be a CB character, and at this point, I wonder whether it even makes sense. What's more important is her story.

But either way, it is something that the show-writers will have to be careful in handling, to make sure that it's perfectly clear, since that's one of the big drivers for this season. That said, they'll probably obscure it and drag it out until the end of the season, to try and keep everyone guessing.

Very good point! :up:

Theories for Skye's identity are a dime a dozen: Daisy Johnson, Jessica Drew, Carmilla Black, Inhuman, Mantis, etc... but at the top of any list has got to be "Skye". She doesn't have to be a CB character, and at this point, I wonder whether it even makes sense. What's more important is her story.

But either way, it is something that the show-writers will have to be careful in handling, to make sure that it's perfectly clear, since that's one of the big drivers for this season. That said, they'll probably obscure it and drag it out until the end of the season, to try and keep everyone guessing.

The only thing they said, is we'd find out who Skye's father is next season. If he's an existing comic book character, then we would know who she is at that point, unless they retcon it, which is always possible.

Then again, as people have been saying, both Skye and her father could be completely new Marvel characters, but what's the fun in speculating about that.

When Simmons took all the blood samples from Skye in Yes Man, didn't she notice that Skye was at least part alien? or is alien blood identical to ours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"